Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The enemies need to get buffed....

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
The nerf that happened to enemies was ridiculous. I just played through the game on a new character, and I have one statement for you to think about. What was just challenging is now a cakewalk.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Really? And yet it seems that some players are still experiencing difficulties ( like with Stingtails )....

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
can you please say this louder for the now huge burden the wiki editors like myself now have to do because now ALL of the enemies affected throughout the entire game have to have ALL of their health stats updated for ALL levels of them?????

Also yes. Nothing is hard anymore. Even the tower.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In fairness to Ratbeard and the FTUD; neither of us can be considered a First Time User. We bring to this game extensive knowledge and experience, we have boss drops which are useful to many levels & well trained pets.
If you want to experience this game like a First Time User, then unequip that pet, use only the ostrich you get at level 5 and use only drops or gear from the bazaar. Unfortunately, you can't wipe your memory of battles, so you will just have to rely on what the game gives you.

Then you will have a more balanced view point of the FTUD.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
I disagree. I've just started up again on my privateer and I can definitely say that some of the difficult battles in Cool Ranch still pose a challenge. This is coming from someone who does a considerable amount of side questing as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 6, 2019 wrote:
can you please say this louder for the now huge burden the wiki editors like myself now have to do because now ALL of the enemies affected throughout the entire game have to have ALL of their health stats updated for ALL levels of them?????

Also yes. Nothing is hard anymore. Even the tower.
The FTUD only affected the health of enemies from level 1 to level 40; if you're experiencing "too easy" instances beyond level 40, then it's as I have said: you have too much op gear, pets and extensive experience that affects your strategy.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 6, 2019 wrote:
In fairness to Ratbeard and the FTUD; neither of us can be considered a First Time User. We bring to this game extensive knowledge and experience, we have boss drops which are useful to many levels & well trained pets.
If you want to experience this game like a First Time User, then unequip that pet, use only the ostrich you get at level 5 and use only drops or gear from the bazaar. Unfortunately, you can't wipe your memory of battles, so you will just have to rely on what the game gives you.

Then you will have a more balanced view point of the FTUD.
Yes, but even when I first played through the game, there wasn't ever a part where I was in particular trouble. And the only times when I was it was because I soloed through the campaign even on my first time through. You have to keep in mind that the game encourages you to be the campaign with people your level.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 6, 2019 wrote:
Really? And yet it seems that some players are still experiencing difficulties ( like with Stingtails )....
Yes, but while they will have difficulties, it is not a struggle anymore. Captain Blood, General Too, and Deacon. All of those once formidable bosses just now crumple like paper, instead of being the challenge they once were. Now, I'm not asking for the game to be impossible, but a game isn't fun when it is a cakewalk either.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Making Hidden Valley Ranch back into a perilous adventure would be nice? Its now way too short and trivial. It use too be a major story moment on how tough and cruel Cool Ranch can be. These chicken and crows aren't here too mess around there here too make you eat dirt "Pilgrim" ! lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This is the same problem encountered before the VA2 expansion; everything being "too easy". Do you remember all the "VA2 is OP" posts? And yet players have adjusted to the difficulty.

As I said, our experience and farming results alone is the cause of this problem - it's not the FTUD's fault.
If you're wanting a challenge then DON'T wear that OP gear ( give those Blood Flames a rest ) use your less favored companions & equip a lesser pet.
Then go and SOLO Moo Tower, Kane, Smuggler's Arena or any of the Obsidian bosses - then come back and tell me what a "cake walk" they are.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
I have re started the game a few times with new characters. It is a lot easier then it use to be for sure. I think this revolves around the addition of numerous quests compared to the original storyline in the beginning of the game in skull island. Add in the floating Dutchmen, the dinosaurs, the shrimps as well as more sharks and you end up at a way higher level when you hit every other world. Then they also drastically shortened many great quests. I always played with the gear I got from drops along the way and then farmed for better stuff. Yes the stingtails are still tough as are some of the other battles. Lets remember back in the day the Presido battle was fought at a considerably lower level then it is in the games current form so those monkey's were tough! Additionally different classes will have problems with different battles but overall it is a lot easier. Having said all this the new intro storylines are a lot better story wise then in the original form.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 10, 2019 wrote:
This is the same problem encountered before the VA2 expansion; everything being "too easy". Do you remember all the "VA2 is OP" posts? And yet players have adjusted to the difficulty.

As I said, our experience and farming results alone is the cause of this problem - it's not the FTUD's fault.
If you're wanting a challenge then DON'T wear that OP gear ( give those Blood Flames a rest ) use your less favored companions & equip a lesser pet.
Then go and SOLO Moo Tower, Kane, Smuggler's Arena or any of the Obsidian bosses - then come back and tell me what a "cake walk" they are.
@anecorbie - have you played the FTUD-updated game with a brand new character?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 13, 2019 wrote:
@anecorbie - have you played the FTUD-updated game with a brand new character?

Yes, currently a level 32 WD ( made after the FTUD ) and she has the best gear, pet and weapons ( saved from other characters ), ; plus my years of experience.
I know what I'm talking a bout.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011

Well, it's actually incredibly easy to do Pirate101 now until Marleybone. The FTUD was up until MooShu. I started a privateer and played through the FTUD and it was that "cake walk" you referenced. I got 53 levels within a week and a half or so, given the schedule of a student. When the FTUD ends, of course it gets more difficult. Beachhead is still challenging as it has been, everything else with it.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 9, 2019 wrote:
The FTUD only affected the health of enemies from level 1 to level 40; if you're experiencing "too easy" instances beyond level 40, then it's as I have said: you have too much op gear, pets and extensive experience that affects your strategy.
False actually. I was going through a battle in Marleybone and those enemies too have been affected.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011

I said the story. Only one of those you actually are forced to do, being Kane. And even Kane was never too bad.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 14, 2019 wrote:
False actually. I was going through a battle in Marleybone and those enemies too have been affected.
Good to know.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 13, 2019 wrote:
Yes, currently a level 32 WD ( made after the FTUD ) and she has the best gear, pet and weapons ( saved from other characters ), ; plus my years of experience.
I know what I'm talking a bout.

No, but when I went through again, I didn't give my self powerful gear from other characters. So I didn't have anything except what I would get from fights. Try it without giving yourself gear from other characters.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
chiliman05 on Dec 16, 2019 wrote:
Good to know.
Also enemies as far as the Tower have as well. I know this because I run it occasionally and record drops for each floor on the wiki.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 18, 2019 wrote:
Also enemies as far as the Tower have as well. I know this because I run it occasionally and record drops for each floor on the wiki.
Ok, good. I'm still trying to figure out how far the extent of the nerf is.