Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestions to Refine this Game

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Note that what I mean by "refine", I don't mean more story or side content. These suggestions are meant to have as little work as possible for KI to enhance the game. ( Since we all know that all their attention is focused on W101. )

#1. Let us hang our weapons on our walls, honestly, I don't see the difference to how wizards hang things on their walls and how we pirates hang things on our walls.

#2 More unique fashion options. Why do we all have to look the same - even those who have farmed boss gear tend to resemble each other. We should be able to show our uniqueness proudly!

#3 More companion promotions for gold. There are so many companions who haven't had a promotion since we recruited them ( some as far back as Skull Island. )

If you pirates have other suggestions, bring them forward.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 21, 2020 wrote:
Note that what I mean by "refine", I don't mean more story or side content. These suggestions are meant to have as little work as possible for KI to enhance the game. ( Since we all know that all their attention is focused on W101. )

#1. Let us hang our weapons on our walls, honestly, I don't see the difference to how wizards hang things on their walls and how we pirates hang things on our walls.

#2 More unique fashion options. Why do we all have to look the same - even those who have farmed boss gear tend to resemble each other. We should be able to show our uniqueness proudly!

#3 More companion promotions for gold. There are so many companions who haven't had a promotion since we recruited them ( some as far back as Skull Island. )

I would like improved rewards in Pet Sparring, ones that would correspond with the levels of our Pirate or Pet. It doesn't sound too hard to put together, and it would bring some attention back to a basically abandoned activity.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015

I would also like more stages and small-scale activities in Nautical PvP. Yet another idea to revive an abandoned activity.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011

#1 Lets be honest for this one they'll tell you somehow it's "harder to script than it was in w101" or something like that.

#2 There are face paints and unique hair options in the crown shop that should be for free, which would help with diversity.

#3 Honestly this goes back to the discussion about The Spirits of Yuletide getting new promotions. For them, all you would have to do is copy and paste the original models for them and boom! There you would have 3 people with 2 promotions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:
#1 Lets be honest for this one they'll tell you somehow it's "harder to script than it was in w101" or something like that.

#2 There are face paints and unique hair options in the crown shop that should be for free, which would help with diversity.

#3 Honestly this goes back to the discussion about The Spirits of Yuletide getting new promotions. For them, all you would have to do is copy and paste the original models for them and boom! There you would have 3 people with 2 promotions.
You got a yar because all opinions are valid. But.....

#1. I'm afraid I'll have to agree here, sadly.

#2 Those face paints are only a few, there are more that show during celebrations like Yuletide. Unique hair? In the crown shop there are only two options, and you can get one of those as giveaway. ( I already have a couple in my shared bank. ) There's two available in the black market - wig or mustache. And one from the Griz pack ( the Haar of Baar. ) We need more options.

#3 The Spirits have already received their promotions, KI now has to focus on those who don't get even one!

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:

#2 Those face paints are only a few, there are more that show during celebrations like Yuletide. Unique hair? In the crown shop there are only two options, and you can get one of those as giveaway. ( I already have a couple in my shared bank. ) There's two available in the black market - wig or mustache. And one from the Griz pack ( the Haar of Baar. ) We need more options.

#3 The Spirits have already received their promotions, KI now has to focus on those who don't get even one!
#3 Sorry about the miscommunication I meant aesthetically they need a new one. But you're right, so how about this one. There are 3 different Cyclops models in game (Normal, one with silver helmet, one with gold). Just like that Argos could have 2 more promotions.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:

#2 They could port over hairs from w101, it would make sense. But chances are this will be their response. "Oh porting over new hairs? Sorry that's gonna take three years, can't do it"

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
More player critical animations
And by this I mean different animation for mega and super, epic can stay the same .

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Lookit Light on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
I would like improved rewards in Pet Sparring, ones that would correspond with the levels of our Pirate or Pet. It doesn't sound too hard to put together, and it would bring some attention back to a basically abandoned activity.
I know I'd love that. I've only found a partner twice ;-;

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Is anyone willing to consider a new gauntlet in the Crown Shop? W101 has many of these, they're a great way to get revenue from players, it would give max levels something to do, and it wouldn't take much more work than another skeleton key boss.
Rewards could be rare gear, pet snacks/gear, unusual furniture or ship gear as well as permanent mounts, pets or equipment.
Heck, KI, just stick Krampus in the crown shop as a gauntlet ( no keys ) with the same drop table and see if you get some money from it!

*SHIP! *

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
Fix the friends list!!
For 4 years, Wizard101 has had the advanced friends list! Pirate101 is still operating on the old one, and even if it takes a few months to implement, at least let us scroll one page at a time instead of one name at a time. It is so frustrating.

Fix the chat system! It is so annoying how when you’re in a group, messages are automatically sent to the group chat window instead of aloud. At least let us hold down on the group button if we want to lock that in. Also, if you send a message to the group, have it come through as a chat bubble on the side of the screen (just in blue).

Also, why is private chat on the right hand side of the screen? It is so counter-intuitive, especially when this game is played in markets where the primary reading style is left-to-right. This is how it is in Wizard and the font is so much bigger. Additionally, the friends list covers up the private chat on the right, so you have to close it to see the messages!

Make pet training faster!
It’s so annoying how it takes a month to train a pet to super, when you can train 10 pets a day on Wiz.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
The Legacy on Jul 8, 2020 wrote:
Fix the friends list!!
For 4 years, Wizard101 has had the advanced friends list! Pirate101 is still operating on the old one, and even if it takes a few months to implement, at least let us scroll one page at a time instead of one name at a time. It is so frustrating.

Fix the chat system! It is so annoying how when you’re in a group, messages are automatically sent to the group chat window instead of aloud. At least let us hold down on the group button if we want to lock that in. Also, if you send a message to the group, have it come through as a chat bubble on the side of the screen (just in blue).

Also, why is private chat on the right hand side of the screen? It is so counter-intuitive, especially when this game is played in markets where the primary reading style is left-to-right. This is how it is in Wizard and the font is so much bigger. Additionally, the friends list covers up the private chat on the right, so you have to close it to see the messages!

It’s so annoying how it takes a month to train a pet to super, when you can train 10 pets a day on Wiz.
Also!!

Please change the Esc hotkey!!

This currently pulls up the "Would you like to escape to character selection?" prompt. I assume for expedience. However, one cannot simply press Enter to say yes. They must navigate to yar or nar. So this shortcut doesn't actually save any time. What it does, however is frustrate users familiar with the Wizard101 interface, in which Esc pulls up the settings menu.

If they already have to navigate to press "accept," why can't Esc just pull up settings and let people quit from there?

So with the lack of full keyboard integration, this shortcut simply doesn't make sense. If Esc is to pull up this dialog, at least let us press Esc again to cancel and Enter to accept. Switching your character is not an action that one performs multiple times a minute, unlike pulling up the settings menu, as one frequently needs to in order to adjust sound and visuals. Escape should pull up the settings window just like it does in Wiz, and exit to character selection should be located in the bottom-left.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The Legacy on Jul 8, 2020 wrote:
Fix the friends list!!

I'd be all right with a revamped friends interface if it wasn't as overwhelming as the W101 version is. I deeply dislike W101's because it takes up so much room and seems to reset itself to automatically announcing online/offline status when I do not want that on.

I agree with your thoughts on the chat system; the whisper chat popup used to drive me nuts before i just shut it off and learned to keep an eye on my chat box. Moving it to the left side of the screen and increasing the font size some would definitely help in terms of visibility but I feel like it might make the UI too unbalanced.

As for pets, as long as the system stays the same but the time investment could be reduced, I'm all for it. If P101 moves to pet minigames like W101 I will be deeply disappointed. I feel like Wiz's whole system is just an energy/money sink and I would hate to have to buy into that on Pirate just to keep up with the meta.

In terms of my own suggestions I'd like to see some visual cleanup on a few things. Three off the top of my head are the tiling issue for flag emblems, transparency problems on companion pages like Old Scratch, and the visual layering issue on MooShu ships and in Khotan skyway.

Other points on this thread such as hanging weapons on walls and more diverse character appearances I heartily agree with - I like to think my pirates all have unique looks, but I would definitely appreciate some more options for them. I know the Pirate version of the magic mirror has been heavily requested, and I'd like to add my own voice to that.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
More starter hair options would be real nice, (ANY curly hair option as well)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Refine the game by:

1) Letting Level 70 Companions on Scavenging actually return with Level 70 gear, and Pet Wrangling Level 70 companions have the chance to give us mega snacks instead of pet eggs.

2) Provide Level 70 gear in Packs and Bundles.

3) Provide Level 70 Beluga and Haunted origin ships and equipment.

4) Allow those enterprising Buffalo stage coach drivers to expand into Skull Island and MooShu.

5) Release the retired gift card pets - like the buffaloons and skarakeets - every now and then, like the Loyal Embracing Rattler was. That was a one-off pet release that could have been continued as a regular thing for the Crown Shop.