Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why not us?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 18, 2012
Hey Kingsisle, I see that with the 12 days of the spiral everyone with an existing account on wizard101 got a free membership until the 20th, I just want to know why we pirates weren't given this same opportunity? Was it a hassle to code? Are we just not worth it? Why is it that we would have to wait until next year to get the same benefit? We were already told earlier this year that there are no plans for any content updates in the foreseeable future, so this could have been a nice little gesture to encourage us disheartened pirates. AND another question! When can we get a magic mirror (or something like that) in pirate? I still want to be able to customize my pirates. Please KI give us something!

Administrator
Axel7805 on Dec 10, 2020 wrote:
Hey Kingsisle, I see that with the 12 days of the spiral everyone with an existing account on wizard101 got a free membership until the 20th, I just want to know why we pirates weren't given this same opportunity? Was it a hassle to code? Are we just not worth it? Why is it that we would have to wait until next year to get the same benefit? We were already told earlier this year that there are no plans for any content updates in the foreseeable future, so this could have been a nice little gesture to encourage us disheartened pirates. AND another question! When can we get a magic mirror (or something like that) in pirate? I still want to be able to customize my pirates. Please KI give us something!
We had a struggle to get it completed for Wizard101 and just ran out of time to get it done for Pirate101 as well :(.

I'll send along your quest for the Magic Mirror!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on Dec 11, 2020 wrote:
We had a struggle to get it completed for Wizard101 and just ran out of time to get it done for Pirate101 as well :(.

I'm hopeful that next year we may also get this wonderful gift ( very generous of KI). And a magic mirror shop would be wonderful!

Ensign
Dec 18, 2012

Thank you Bat! I appreciate your honesty!

Ensign
Mar 16, 2009

Why does it have to be at the same time though? I mean you could definitely do a 12 days for pirates after the wiz one is over. I'm sure these scallywags wouldn't mind one bit.

Also, the crowns rewards event should include pirate purchases imo. After all, we use the same crowns for both games, and those who play both games should get rewarded as such. At the very least, have it included if you landlubbers decide to run a 12 days for pirate. Arrrggh

Alexis (in both games)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Alexis StormWeaver on Dec 12, 2020 wrote:
Why does it have to be at the same time though? I mean you could definitely do a 12 days for pirates after the wiz one is over. I'm sure these scallywags wouldn't mind one bit.

Also, the crowns rewards event should include pirate purchases imo. After all, we use the same crowns for both games, and those who play both games should get rewarded as such. At the very least, have it included if you landlubbers decide to run a 12 days for pirate. Arrrggh

Alexis (in both games)
Excellent ideas.

Yarr!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alexis StormWeaver on Dec 12, 2020 wrote:

Alexis (in both games)
Not all pirates play W101 and we don't have the nice shiny things that W101 has, so why should our crowns purchases "count"?

If we had a crowns event of our own then I would agree with this.
Post Edit: Also a majority of W101 players don't play P101. (If they did, we wouldn't be neglected like this.)

Ensign
Mar 16, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 17, 2020 wrote:
Not all pirates play W101 and we don't have the nice shiny things that W101 has, so why should our crowns purchases "count"?

If we had a crowns event of our own then I would agree with this.
Post Edit: Also a majority of W101 players don't play P101. (If they did, we wouldn't be neglected like this.)
I agree about being neglected, and with not everyone play both games.
My point was, there was no crowns event for p101 like there was with w101. And when they give gifts and crowns, it is made available for both games, whether you play both or not, so why doesn't the crowns event count for both games. The whole point I was making was - in my opinion - that p101 should have had a crowns event, along with the 12 days, and everything else they exclude us from.