Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

First Strike 5

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 26, 2014
Hey, so I have a question about the 5th rank of First Strike. It says, "Strike hidden before melee attackers. Spot sneak attacks. +50% weapon power." It also shows an extended critical chance.

In a scenario where your pirate (not hidden), which has first strike 5, is attacked by a hidden Sarah Steele, my understanding is the pirate would un-hide Sarah, then go into a hide, and then attack with first strike before Sarah gets to hit, gaining +50% weapon power and an extended critical chance on top of the 2x weapon power from the hide. Does anyone know if my understanding is correct, and if it isn't, what is?

www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Ability:First_Strike_(Rank_5)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Vazzolock on Jan 18, 2021 wrote:
Hey, so I have a question about the 5th rank of First Strike. It says, "Strike hidden before melee attackers. Spot sneak attacks. +50% weapon power." It also shows an extended critical chance.

In a scenario where your pirate (not hidden), which has first strike 5, is attacked by a hidden Sarah Steele, my understanding is the pirate would un-hide Sarah, then go into a hide, and then attack with first strike before Sarah gets to hit, gaining +50% weapon power and an extended critical chance on top of the 2x weapon power from the hide. Does anyone know if my understanding is correct, and if it isn't, what is?

www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Ability:First_Strike_(Rank_5)
"Strike hidden" means that you will get first strike on the hidden attacker. You will not go into hide for this.
"Spot sneak attacks" means you will unhide a hidden attacker.
"+ 50% weapon power" you get 50% weapon power.

Ensign
Jan 26, 2014