Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Switch Pirate101 to being fully Free to Play

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I honestly believe the game would be far more profitable if it were free to play rather than how it operates now as subscription. I wouldn't get rid of subscriptions, but I would make all member benefits constant, or at least pet training at a times two rate and likely free miracle mitch, and then cycle through the others.

I still like the idea of guilds, and extra member benefits based upon guild ranking.

None of the member benefits affects gameplay one bit, so those who are free to play wouldn't be at any real disadvantage, other than time.

Just looking at all the mounts and crown shop, pack, and bundle equipment and companions, and the like, that everyone buys on top of their memberships just strengthens the idea to me that free to play players would still spend to buy all those things, and would surely spend for membership to have times two pet training, and other little luxuries that doesn't affect anything.

The game could well attract a large number of players if it were free, and the money they would spend on crown shop items, and memberships for member benefits would most surely overtake the revenue of a smaller player base of subscribers.

Guilds could be one of the member benefit things, as PvP and guilds do not affect game play.

Those who bought areas for life should however be compensated, most fairly by giving them memberships for membership benefits for an amount of time based upon how many areas they bought and how much it costed them. Those who bought all, or close to all the areas, could be given membership for membership benefits for life. Those who didn't buy as many, given an amount of time of free membership, or paid out in crowns, or their choice between the two. I guess even those who bought all the areas could be given the option of X amount of crowns or basic membership for life.

There could also be different membership levels people could have and upgrade to, where the more expensive ones simply give more member benefits. On the subject of member benefits, I do miss the one where we received free one try second chance chests.

Just something to think about, though I do believe it would work and even be more profitable.