Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is it worth buying a second account?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I LOVE this game and I wish I could relive my early days, and now I have my own money, so I was wondering: Is it worth it to buy a second account? I don't wanna delete my pirates for many reasons (Mostly sentimental value) so I'd like to ask if it's worth it to get a second account if/when I max out all my pirates and still want to play. (I go through the game at a slow pace)

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
darkmoordude on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
I LOVE this game and I wish I could relive my early days, and now I have my own money, so I was wondering: Is it worth it to buy a second account? I don't wanna delete my pirates for many reasons (Mostly sentimental value) so I'd like to ask if it's worth it to get a second account if/when I max out all my pirates and still want to play. (I go through the game at a slow pace)
My old account, Pirate Crusher, has just been sitting idly for years, and I made this one because I didn't feel like going through all the hassle of going through each character, so I just made this one and rushed through the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
There are pros and cons to this; speaking from experience (I have 3 accounts) if I didn't have the 2 extra accounts, I would have been bored and nearing insanity without them. Like you, I don't want to delete any of my characters on my main account, mostly because I've invested too much money in crown companions, bundles and packs to casually let them go.
On the other hand, there is a severe loss of money on either membership or buying zones.
Ultimately you must make that decision for yourself.
P.S.:

(There's also the perk of "dual boxing" - getting "help" from one account to another. Also, "smuggling" -- one pirate going to another pirate in a higher world to gain access to ship or housing vendors. Do this by friending yourself.)

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
There are pros and cons to this; speaking from experience (I have 3 accounts) if I didn't have the 2 extra accounts, I would have been bored and nearing insanity without them. Like you, I don't want to delete any of my characters on my main account, mostly because I've invested too much money in crown companions, bundles and packs to casually let them go.
On the other hand, there is a severe loss of money on either membership or buying zones.
Ultimately you must make that decision for yourself.
P.S.:

(There's also the perk of "dual boxing" - getting "help" from one account to another. Also, "smuggling" -- one pirate going to another pirate in a higher world to gain access to ship or housing vendors. Do this by friending yourself.)

In toontown we call that "Multi-tooning" and do it with up to 4 accounts, we have a tool that lets us move multiple at once, not sure if that'll work on p101 though.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
If you buy membership a year at a time, then its totally worth it as it makes more sense to start a new account than to pay for a year on a full account. I have three accounts full of max level pirates, and don't regret my last account at all since I decided it would be a hybrid only account, and not one of my six pirates are swashbuckler (my least favorite class to play as I neither like invisibility, nor poison, and don't get the hybrid chains that I do with the other classes). Since all my pirates on the account are hybrid, I only concentrated on making three types of pets (shooty staffy, shooty melee, and melee staffy) which made pets so much easier to turn out right.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Mar 9, 2021 wrote:
In toontown we call that "Multi-tooning" and do it with up to 4 accounts, we have a tool that lets us move multiple at once, not sure if that'll work on p101 though.
Nope, the smallest screen size will only allow 2 different accounts active and even those overlap a little. You have to select the screen to move your pirate, which causes some lag in actions.
If you still have pirates questing on your original account, I suggest that you wait a little longer, until we know what is being done for P101.