Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FIFTH Annual Update the Bundle Tiers post

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the FIFTH Annual update the bundle tiers post!!! That is right for half a decade I have been making the same simple request, a request that is literally a given over in Wizard101, keeping the most recent bundles, no matter how old they may be, in line with the level cap. As is tradition with my yearly posts, I will give a little recap of the adventure so far. Last year I said I’d spend money to spite-post on the message boards about bundle tiers and by the spiral here I am!

It all started why back in June 29, 2017, a younger, more innocent, less cynical Pew made a brief post asking for the bundle tiers to be updated to level 70 almost a year after the release of Valencia part 2, after all a level 60 weapon from a bundle is literally useless so why not update them so they can at least be semi-useful, little did he know Pirate101 does not get such simple updates, however considering how long this has been going on for, it probably would not have stopped him anyway Link to post

Fast forward all the way to April 14, 2018, the very same Pew was back at it again with the white vans- I mean bundle tier posts, this time he brought up a tally of how many days it had been since the bundle tiers became out of date, a whopping 668 days! Isn’t that crazy! What a ridiculous number! Rest assured the Kingsisle team has addressed this by making it bigger, it has now been 1,732 days since the release of Valencia part 2, quite a few years indeed, I guess that’s one way of addressing it. But the real magical part of this post was where I mention in my utmost confidence in Kingsisle, decided to keep a bundle in my gift box to await the level cap increase wayyy back in December 2014, thinking surely it would come and my new gear could be redeemed at level 70. Well, that was 2278 days ago, or 6.24 years, and that Hoodoo bundle is still sitting in my gift box, so perhaps I shouldn’t have done that. I’d say a deserve a prize for keeping it there that long, perhaps that prize can be updating the bundle tiers. Probably not but a man can dream. Link to post

Onwards to February 7th, 2019. The Pew returned to ask for the bundle tiers to be updated once again Link to post. This time he decided to point out blatant favoritism by showing how many bundles and tiers have been updated in Wizard101 since the release of Valencia tier pt 2 in comparison to pirates being left in the dark, and as is tradition, I tried to update the counter, but frankly it has become quite difficult to keep up since they just don’t seem to document packs and bundles being updated over in Wizard anymore, perhaps to curtail my posts. However, I did find at least 5 were updated. So I am going to have to put the score for Wizard101 over at >40 bundles and packs updated for various level cap increases with this recap for the Pirate101 score:

2016:

2017:
September: Tribal Pack updated for level 70

2018:

2019:

2020:

2021: …..
The list of blanks is getting comically long at this point.

Onwards to May 1st, 2020 the dejected, more spite-posty Pew you see today returned to once again ask for a simple change. That year, the Pew pointed out that an entire arc has gone by in Wizard101 while I had been asking for the bundle tiers to be updated. The third arc in Wizard took place entirely during the wait, and now Wizard101 is delving into its fourth arc, meanwhile I am still here, asking for a change that frankly probably wouldn’t even take that long to implement. Arc 2 of waiting for the bundle tiers to be updated is well on its way. I also asked the perplexing question: “Why does it take years for simple changes to be made?” especially when said change is as I said before, a given in Wizard101.
One thing did come from last years post however, an official response! Bat Masterson chimed in, likely knowing what he said would end up in next year’s post, and said:

“There is no imminent update to these at this time.”

So there you have it, funnily enough there ended up being no imminent update to the game that year so I guess it was nice of him to let us down easy.

Honorable Mentions:
As the spite-poster in chief isn’t too keen to spend money every month or so just to complain on the message boards, I have some similar “Requests and/or Grievances” to bring up for the Fifth Annual Bundle Tier Complaint post Spectacular!

The Haunted Galleon and Beluga Galleon-
Way back when, I also made yearly posts asking for the Beluga and Halloween galleon to be updated for the level cap. After all, why should pirates pay a Premium just for a downgrade? 12,500 crowns (25 dollars) for a ship that just has worse stats then a ship you can effortlessly get for gold at the Valencia docks. I feel bad for anyone that carelessly bought one of these ships, inadvertently making their life way more difficult if they ever use it to try and fight end game ship content. It is honestly indefensible, if there was any decency, they’d put a warning up whenever a max level tries to buy one of those ships, since apparently updating the levels is an impossible task.

PvP Weapons- Unlike the other things in this post, instead of talking about what is lacking I am talking about what was carelessly taken away. At the start of 2019, the old champions weapons were removed and replaced with a winter weapon and what is essentially, stat-less stitch fodder with no rank requirement. This attack on the PvP community continues to baffle me to this day. A change that was supposed to reinvigorate Ranked Pvp instead destroyed it and since there is no oversight in Pirate101 it is for some reason now our 3rd year of the stitch fodder being sold instead of weapons, strange since they were supposed to swap out every other year. Some of the best weapons in the game haven’t been obtainable since 2018, and some weird environment has been created where only 3+ year veteran players have the cool weapons, very new player friendly.

Pirate Nightmare Pack- As you probably noticed, Pirate101 did not get an update in 2020, we did however get the Pirate Nightmare pack and 2 new badge companions in late 2019. Now I am going to entertain you with a conspiracy theory. The Pirate Nightmare pack is the reason we didn’t get an update last year. The Pirate Nightmare pack added 5 companions, all of which are functionally useless and downgrades to the Grizzly pack bears, who are already barely useful these days except Baar, it also added some gear, all of which was stitch fodder, it was essentially a dead-on release pack since it was instantly inferior to the older packs, the only reason anyone would even think of buying it is because one item sells for a decent amount of scrip. All these factors would presumably lead to very little revenue being made from the update since the pack was worthless and the badge companions have little utility (give Annie 5 range). Since the PvP weapon situation has established that this game has little to no oversight, I believe that someone ran the numbers on the profits from last update and decided that since so little money was made it was not worth putting out an update in 2020, completely ignoring the fact that the premium items added had pretty much no value and they were never buffed to be worth something.

Well that’s all I got right now, see ya next year when I publish a short novel on the subject

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Friendly Jesse Pew on Mar 21, 2021 wrote:
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the FIFTH Annual update the bundle tiers post!!! That is right for half a decade I have been making the same simple request, a request that is literally a given over in Wizard101, keeping the most recent bundles, no matter how old they may be, in line with the level cap. As is tradition with my yearly posts, I will give a little recap of the adventure so far. Last year I said I’d spend money to spite-post on the message boards about bundle tiers and by the spiral here I am!

It all started why back in June 29, 2017, a younger, more innocent, less cynical Pew made a brief post asking for the bundle tiers to be updated to level 70 almost a year after the release of Valencia part 2, after all a level 60 weapon from a bundle is literally useless so why not update them so they can at least be semi-useful, little did he know Pirate101 does not get such simple updates, however considering how long this has been going on for, it probably would not have stopped him anyway Link to post

Fast forward all the way to April 14, 2018, the very same Pew was back at it again with the white vans- I mean bundle tier posts, this time he brought up a tally of how many days it had been since the bundle tiers became out of date, a whopping 668 days! Isn’t that crazy! What a ridiculous number! Rest assured the Kingsisle team has addressed this by making it bigger, it has now been 1,732 days since the release of Valencia part 2, quite a few years indeed, I guess that’s one way of addressing it. But the real magical part of this post was where I mention in my utmost confidence in Kingsisle, decided to keep a bundle in my gift box to await the level cap increase wayyy back in December 2014, thinking surely it would come and my new gear could be redeemed at level 70. Well, that was 2278 days ago, or 6.24 years, and that Hoodoo bundle is still sitting in my gift box, so perhaps I shouldn’t have done that. I’d say a deserve a prize for keeping it there that long, perhaps that prize can be updating the bundle tiers. Probably not but a man can dream. Link to post

Onwards to February 7th, 2019. The Pew returned to ask for the bundle tiers to be updated once again Link to post. This time he decided to point out blatant favoritism by showing how many bundles and tiers have been updated in Wizard101 since the release of Valencia tier pt 2 in comparison to pirates being left in the dark, and as is tradition, I tried to update the counter, but frankly it has become quite difficult to keep up since they just don’t seem to document packs and bundles being updated over in Wizard anymore, perhaps to curtail my posts. However, I did find at least 5 were updated. So I am going to have to put the score for Wizard101 over at >40 bundles and packs updated for various level cap increases with this recap for the Pirate101 score:

2016:

2017:

2018:

2019:

2020:

Onwards to May 1st, 2020 the dejected, more spite-posty Pew you see today returned to once again ask for a simple change. That year, the Pew pointed out that an entire arc has gone by in Wizard101 while I had been asking for the bundle tiers to be updated. The third arc in Wizard took place entirely during the wait, and now Wizard101 is delving into its fourth arc, meanwhile I am still here, asking for a change that frankly probably wouldn’t even take that long to implement. Arc 2 of waiting for the bundle tiers to be updated is well on its way. I also asked the perplexing question: “Why does it take years for simple changes to be made?” especially when said change is as I said before, a given in Wizard101.
One thing did come from last years post however, an official response! Bat Masterson chimed in, likely knowing what he said would end up in next year’s post, and said:

So there you have it, funnily enough there ended up being no imminent update to the game that year so I guess it was nice of him to let us down easy.

Honorable Mentions:
As the spite-poster in chief isn’t too keen to spend money every month or so just to complain on the message boards, I have some similar “Requests and/or Grievances” to bring up for the Fifth Annual Bundle Tier Complaint post Spectacular!

Way back when, I also made yearly posts asking for the Beluga and Halloween galleon to be updated for the level cap. After all, why should pirates pay a Premium just for a downgrade? 12,500 crowns (25 dollars) for a ship that just has worse stats then a ship you can effortlessly get for gold at the Valencia docks. I feel bad for anyone that carelessly bought one of these ships, inadvertently making their life way more difficult if they ever use it to try and fight end game ship content. It is honestly indefensible, if there was any decency, they’d put a warning up whenever a max level tries to buy one of those ships, since apparently updating the levels is an impossible task.

PvP Weapons- Unlike the other things in this post, instead of talking about what is lacking I am talking about what was carelessly taken away. At the start of 2019, the old champions weapons were removed and replaced with a winter weapon and what is essentially, stat-less stitch fodder with no rank requirement. This attack on the PvP community continues to baffle me to this day. A change that was supposed to reinvigorate Ranked Pvp instead destroyed it and since there is no oversight in Pirate101 it is for some reason now our 3rd year of the stitch fodder being sold instead of weapons, strange since they were supposed to swap out every other year. Some of the best weapons in the game haven’t been obtainable since 2018, and some weird environment has been created where only 3+ year veteran players have the cool weapons, very new player friendly.

Pirate Nightmare Pack- As you probably noticed, Pirate101 did not get an update in 2020, we did however get the Pirate Nightmare pack and 2 new badge companions in late 2019. Now I am going to entertain you with a conspiracy theory. The Pirate Nightmare pack is the reason we didn’t get an update last year. The Pirate Nightmare pack added 5 companions, all of which are functionally useless and downgrades to the Grizzly pack bears, who are already barely useful these days except Baar, it also added some gear, all of which was stitch fodder, it was essentially a dead-on release pack since it was instantly inferior to the older packs, the only reason anyone would even think of buying it is because one item sells for a decent amount of scrip. All these factors would presumably lead to very little revenue being made from the update since the pack was worthless and the badge companions have little utility (give Annie 5 range). Since the PvP weapon situation has established that this game has little to no oversight, I believe that someone ran the numbers on the profits from last update and decided that since so little money was made it was not worth putting out an update in 2020, completely ignoring the fact that the premium items added had pretty much no value and they were never buffed to be worth something.

Well that’s all I got right now, see ya next year when I publish a short novel on the subject
Are you aware of Kingsisle's recent purchase by Gamigo? They plan to put more attention into Pirate101, so possibly, just maybe, I won't have to be reminded of this again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

2016:

2017:

2018:

2019:

2020:

Honorable Mentions:

Maybe it'll happen this year! (I hope)
Post Edit: Well, you know, I don't mind "stitch fodder", I welcome any new clothes that can give us a unique look!
It seems that only ranked pvp players complain if gear is "lacking".

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011

2016:

2017:

2018:

2019:

2020:

Honorable Mentions:

With talk in the air of Kingsisle putting out a "big bugfixing update" for Pirate101, there's no longer any excuse to not do this while they're at it.

Hey Bat, could we pretend that not updating the bundles is just a bug?

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2021 wrote:
Maybe it'll happen this year! (I hope)
Post Edit: Well, you know, I don't mind "stitch fodder", I welcome any new clothes that can give us a unique look!
It seems that only ranked pvp players complain if gear is "lacking".
Yeah stitch fodder isn’t necessarily bad in a pack, in fact pretty much all pack gear in Wizard101 is stitch fodder except for a few wands, I brought it up as more of a narrative device about how there’s little reason to buy the pack, stitch fodder should not be the main incentive to buy a pack, and as for the champion stitch fodder I’m sure you know where the real issue is there so I won’t even get into it. However it would be nice to see items that don’t just give a small boost to 2 stats and nothing else. Just give me a gimmick to mess with for goodness sake I’m not asking for a meta-breaker, it’s so lame to see every gear piece we get be inferior to gear from 2014. The amount of post 2016 gear that isn’t a weapon that has some sort of minuscule use I could probably count on one hand. Only ones I can think of are Obsidian ducks robe, steely gaze patch, and if you want to be REALLY generous the brass monkey charm. The lack of a single new usable gear piece being added in an update that had two new boss fights in it was seriously disappointing to me.

As for the whole Gamingo thing, let’s just say they need to prove themselves to earn my trust at this point, If the next content update is the same quality as the 2019 update they’ll probably drop the game just like kingsisle did, and honestly that’s what I expect will happen.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Mar 26, 2021 wrote:
Yeah stitch fodder isn’t necessarily bad in a pack, in fact pretty much all pack gear in Wizard101 is stitch fodder except for a few wands, I brought it up as more of a narrative device about how there’s little reason to buy the pack, stitch fodder should not be the main incentive to buy a pack, and as for the champion stitch fodder I’m sure you know where the real issue is there so I won’t even get into it. However it would be nice to see items that don’t just give a small boost to 2 stats and nothing else. Just give me a gimmick to mess with for goodness sake I’m not asking for a meta-breaker, it’s so lame to see every gear piece we get be inferior to gear from 2014. The amount of post 2016 gear that isn’t a weapon that has some sort of minuscule use I could probably count on one hand. Only ones I can think of are Obsidian ducks robe, steely gaze patch, and if you want to be REALLY generous the brass monkey charm. The lack of a single new usable gear piece being added in an update that had two new boss fights in it was seriously disappointing to me.

As for the whole Gamingo thing, let’s just say they need to prove themselves to earn my trust at this point, If the next content update is the same quality as the 2019 update they’ll probably drop the game just like kingsisle did, and honestly that’s what I expect will happen.
Same here, just because KI was acquired by Gamigo offers no hope. In fact, if you check around the internet you'll learn that Gamigo actually does the opposite of improving games.

However, I will put a little faith in the removal of the mobile department....since that might actually improve the quality of Pirate101. The real test will be if KI hires additional MMO developers (artists, programmers, etc), since the current size of the team cannot produce two MMO updates at the same time.