Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What would the new story direction look like?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Hello all! Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel here, back after a while. I got the itch to play the game once again so I've been leveling up a Witchy and thoroughly enjoying it!

The topic of this thread is simple speculation, or what you would like to see. Where should the pirates visit next?

Personally, while I appreciated Valencia Part II, I felt (and knew) that it was quite rushed, and it felt more like closing the lid on the story unofficially. Deeply unsatisfying, but I suppose I could still understand where they were coming from.

I will be real with you: I do not expect any major story updates again from KI for P101, at least not for... like, 20 more years. However, I am TOO invested in the setting, characters, and plot to simply erase the story from my mind.

So what should our pirate do next? For the first time in who knows HOW long (I would guess a few decades) the Spiral is free of The Clockwork Armada (I think). Since the beginning of the game we have had a singular goal: destroy the Armada. Yes, it started out simple with Gunn's Gold, and then Gortez, and finally Marco Pollo, but The Armada has always been the underlying factor. Now that we're rid of them, what purpose does our pirate have?

While it is made almost abundantly clear that we ain't going to El Dorado, I still think it is MORE than worth it. After all, even when warned of incredible danger, pirates aren't the type to idly sit by when there's a promise of gold and glory. Not to mention our pirate has tamed the West (Cool Ranch), liberated the people from several dictators (including Moo Manchu) vying for the Jade Emperor's Throne (MooShu), started, participated in, and thoroughly SQUASHED a war that had not been witnessed since the likes of the last Napoleguinic Wars (Marleybone), AND lived out the myths and legends that will be sung by bards for millennia (Aquila) - ALL for the express purpose of gathering all the map pieces and going to El Dorado.

So, yes. I want payoff for all of our effort.

But what do YOU want? Should we return to another world? After all, Gortez and Napoleguin seem to have something happening in Monquista, what with their unification war. But what if we visited Krokotopia, or Grizzleheim? After all, they are two origin choices and it would be interesting to see the differences between W101's Krokotopia and Grizzleheim, and the P101 versions.

Please let me know your thoughts below! Thank you once again for reading!

Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 69 Nefarious 6th

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on May 4, 2021 wrote:
Hello all! Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel here, back after a while. I got the itch to play the game once again so I've been leveling up a Witchy and thoroughly enjoying it!

The topic of this thread is simple speculation, or what you would like to see. Where should the pirates visit next?

Personally, while I appreciated Valencia Part II, I felt (and knew) that it was quite rushed, and it felt more like closing the lid on the story unofficially. Deeply unsatisfying, but I suppose I could still understand where they were coming from.

I will be real with you: I do not expect any major story updates again from KI for P101, at least not for... like, 20 more years. However, I am TOO invested in the setting, characters, and plot to simply erase the story from my mind.

So what should our pirate do next? For the first time in who knows HOW long (I would guess a few decades) the Spiral is free of The Clockwork Armada (I think). Since the beginning of the game we have had a singular goal: destroy the Armada. Yes, it started out simple with Gunn's Gold, and then Gortez, and finally Marco Pollo, but The Armada has always been the underlying factor. Now that we're rid of them, what purpose does our pirate have?

While it is made almost abundantly clear that we ain't going to El Dorado, I still think it is MORE than worth it. After all, even when warned of incredible danger, pirates aren't the type to idly sit by when there's a promise of gold and glory. Not to mention our pirate has tamed the West (Cool Ranch), liberated the people from several dictators (including Moo Manchu) vying for the Jade Emperor's Throne (MooShu), started, participated in, and thoroughly SQUASHED a war that had not been witnessed since the likes of the last Napoleguinic Wars (Marleybone), AND lived out the myths and legends that will be sung by bards for millennia (Aquila) - ALL for the express purpose of gathering all the map pieces and going to El Dorado.

So, yes. I want payoff for all of our effort.

But what do YOU want? Should we return to another world? After all, Gortez and Napoleguin seem to have something happening in Monquista, what with their unification war. But what if we visited Krokotopia, or Grizzleheim? After all, they are two origin choices and it would be interesting to see the differences between W101's Krokotopia and Grizzleheim, and the P101 versions.

Please let me know your thoughts below! Thank you once again for reading!

Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 69 Nefarious 6th
Hey You and a big Welcome Back, Owen!
I love a good "speculation" themed post. So let's dig right in; there a few hanging threads from the story line that could be explored (besides El Dorado, despite what our parents said {and was it really they?] we could still need to go.) The Golden Mind is still out there and it may yet cause trouble.
The Armada has been stopped yet not completely destroyed - Queen and Phule are still functioning (maybe Bishop, too.) They also have 2 pieces of MP's map and what about Erica the Red?

However, we do have our mother's diary/ies (both terms are used), we could be going on a fantastic treasure hunt.
Or Guy Fox is still out there, planning against Marleybone. Perhaps Mr. M will be asking us to round up rebels (would we do this, though?)
I think it would be great to visit the worlds of Krokotopia and Grizzleheim. These are "origin" worlds for pirates and I think they should be a part of the story. There are story links to both worlds: Krokotopia was visited by Deacon; so what was he looking for? And Grizzleheim would be an excellent place to start a search for Erica the Red.

Ensign
Oct 11, 2010
I think we should definitely visit Krokotopia or Grizzleheim! I know in the character creation when you first make a new pirate, I think those two are options for where you can be raised in if I recall correctly. That would be really fun to go back to these two areas!

Polaris is also a popular option since it seems prevalent enough in the story that it would make sense for us to go there at some point.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I think a return to Monquista is realistic given Napoleguin and Gortez seem to be allied. I think this could also tie into some conflict in Polaris. Maybe along the way we could continue acquiring map pieces, because I doubt we’d have a whole page in the captain’s log dedicated to it if it became irrelevant after the first arc. There’s also the potential of exploring Darkmoor, though I’m not sure that it would be something immediately pressing to the pirate.

I would also be very interested in visiting Grizzleheim since it’s one of my favorite worlds aesthetically. Northguard is probably out of the question as a Wizard-inhabited area, but there have to be other bear settlements. Perhaps the pirate would also be interested in rubbing shoulders with the wolves since, if I am remembering right, they are the raiding and plundering type. In the same vein I’d like to see the pirating side of Krokotopia, especially if it’s less affected by Marleybone’s colonialism than what we saw in Wizard101. Not sure what story beats would have to occur to take us to either of those places, but my fingers are certainly crossed!