Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Book 15... can it possibly be rebooted?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Pirates, KingsIsle, I get about Book 15's state & what Blind Mew said, though, I still feel the way they did to arc 1... still isn't satisfying to those who still prefer to see the arc go like the original outline's supposed to.

Still, Blind Mew asked to bring more players to play P101, & that's always a big help to KI creating more content to P101.

Now, to the topic I've had in mind since Book 15 went Live. (Big rule to this post: Stay on-topic, don't steer away from it. End of story.)

Pirates, what would you think about KI doing a complete reboot to Book 15 & redoing arc 1's state back to 20 Books, like how it's supposed to be?

Now, before you go throwing comments about this, I have one reason how a better reboot to Book 15 would be a more better choice.

Remember how KI did a partial reboot to Book 1's main story quests about the three ghost rats? The way KI did that, Book 1's quests' partial reboot was a great success. It really gave a better perspective on Skull Island's lore, pacing & gave more important roles to previous factions that formerly didn't have any, like how Captain Gordon & the Red Claw Gang became more involved in the storyline. Brilliant!

Ok, to this. KI did a partial reboot to Book 1's quests, so why not do a better reboot to Book 15, you know, to re-implement many planned content that was cut & refined in a different form?

Listen, we're supposed to see another non-combat sigil in Book 15, & we didn't have one once it was unexpectedly shortened & launched without one. That's disappointing.

So, I have some ideas on what could occur on Book 15's reboot, & what can be kept from it's shortened state.

What if G did not only have Kane as his creation, but he also has his own born son that aided him in his times of need, & who would be entrusted to continue his business in his making new toys before he made Kane, & his son hearing about what happened to G & Kane turning evil decided to help his efforts to stop Kane? What if the Heart was not destroyed, but rather, hidden in the case G's attempt to resort Kane to stop ended in failure & G's son would go with his real plan to stop Kane for good like in the original outline Blind Mew spoke about? What if Phule didn't help the Pirates in going into a part of Kane's Great Machine, but some secret Resistance agents did?

My point is, rebooting Book 15 to a better state would reshape arc 1's state back to 20 Books, with G's son in it to carry his work in his death would be a more suitable manner & him having his own workshop in Skull Island, his son's, not G's, would make a good quest driver for the next few Books, up to Book 18, & regain what was lost in a better form.

What do you think about Book 15 being rebooted & arc 1's state refined back to 20 Books? Would it be worth having a proper finale at Book 20, many battles with Kane, & a better final battle with Kane? I think it would.

Keep the two Puppet Shows, but redo the last show about El Dorado's 2nd glimpse in Book 15, D.H.!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Of course, though, should there be many reasons, including financial ones & plans to do arc 2 already in, to not do a reboot to Book 15, I understand. I thought that giving Book 15 a reboot would revert arc 1's book amount back to 20 Books, to return to the original outline & have a proper grand finale with Kane, like in the original outline, with a few new elements thrown in to change some things up.

Well, it's unusual for MMOs to do partial reboots to select past content to better improve the storyline's pacing, continuity, & flow, & get more players to play their games. Still, can they still be possible? KI rebooting Book 1's past quests proved that before.

I thought Gazpaccio having his own son to carry his business would be a bit more suitable in him carrying his plan to defeat Kane and the Armada, along with a few other changes, like Phule not helping Pirates stop Kane, but some secret Resistance agents instead, & the Machine's fragment would hold incredibly dangerous untested creations that helps Kane's plans & we would go there to shut them down & G trying to reason with Kane, & so on. Would be nice to see these in.

Still, P101 needs more players to have KI create more content, yes? We'll do all we can to help make it a reality. We'll pitch in many ideas to do it. Don't worry, everyone. We'll do our best to bring in as many players while we can, both old & new.

Nevertheless, what are your thoughts on KI doing a reboot to Book 15? What would you like to see instead? Would you rather see more of Florenza & some of Calabria's lands? Would you rather have more adventures before we get to Book 15's new ending? Would you rather have Kane's battle in Book 15 be the 1st instead of it being the last & only battle against him?

That said, just state your thoughts. Just be kind about this.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, so far, no one's given some reasons to why Book 15 could or could not be possibly be rebooted, not even Blind Mew. In my perspective, Book 15's state is, well... not quite satisfying as I hoped, in some parts, E.G., the pacing in the storyline.

To say from memory, I really enjoyed the changes to Book 1's main storyline changes about the Three Rats, which, honestly, kinda marks that as a Partial Reboot(That is, if such a thing hasn't been done to MMOs before. Nevertheless, I'm calling that a "Partial Reboot", should anyone not mind that term I made) to Book 1's storyline bits, like discarding the old quests to give a better look at Skull Island's lore & history, as well as the improved pacing, & it was worth KI doing Book 1's quests' Partial Reboot, & it was very satisfying to me.

My point is, should anyone have any reason why a reboot to Book 15 may or may not be in KI's plans, please speak away. I wouldn't mind it. That is, if KI's already doing Arc 2's plans already, I won't stop them.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
Why?

Book 15 is the most recent book, people are probably wanting new content, and isn't book 15 good enough as it is?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
the Fearless Devil on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
Why?

Book 15 is the most recent book, people are probably wanting new content, and isn't book 15 good enough as it is?
Of course. I know people want new content. I'm just a bit disappointed about Blind Mew's decision to end arc 1 at Book 15 instead of Book 20, which led to it's rushed state & my thoughts about Book 15's reboot. I was really looking forward to the rest of the outline that would have gone like how it should have been, and the outline would have kept the engagement and excitement going. The hype and buildup about Kane, including the tossed out ultimate final battle with him at El Dorado, which would have been an amazing finale, went to waste. (sigh)

Well, there's no mechanics about end-of-arc villains going through multiple forms in their ultimate final battles with them, especially after their previous defeats upon battling them after defeating them for the 1st time. Perhaps the upside to that, it will probably allow KI to implement that in, maybe even before the 2nd arc's finale gets made, which won't be for a while.

My only hope about the outcome of it? Well, my hope is that the 2nd story arc may give KI time to solve remaining mysteries arc 1 left, even with new mysteries soon to be formed in arc 2, before it ends. I'd like to have all things solved before we move to another arc.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Too soon for a reboot. Don't get me wrong I love Pirate101 (play it almost every day), but a reboot of the storyline should happen when they (if they) reboot Pirate101 completely ("next gen" graphics, different/new systems, etc). A complete reboot in 5 to 10 years might give Pirate101 a completely fresh start (like what Final Fantasy 7 will attempt with their remake).

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oran from Urz on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
Too soon for a reboot. Don't get me wrong I love Pirate101 (play it almost every day), but a reboot of the storyline should happen when they (if they) reboot Pirate101 completely ("next gen" graphics, different/new systems, etc). A complete reboot in 5 to 10 years might give Pirate101 a completely fresh start (like what Final Fantasy 7 will attempt with their remake).
I was only talking about a reboot to Book 15, as in, a portion of the storyline, not the whole game. Keep to the subject. This is Book 15 I'm talking about. Weren't you paying attention?

The Skull Island Expansion update from Spring 2014 acted like a Partial Reboot, that o' which stands to give portions of the game's storyline content a better start, to Book 1's quests about the Three Rats quests, & it was a worthy one.

In time, perhaps they may update the game's graphics, but I wouldn't bet on rebooting the whole game at all times.

Oh, and, to let you know, Blind Mew answered my question, and he said it's practically impossible to reboot Book 15. Don't know any reason why it is, though, I'm sure he wants to keep moving forward, rather than to go back to what's already been done.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2014
I only found out about the original story arc plan a couple days ago and I had wondered why Valencia part 2 seemed so rushed, now I know. I do find Book 15's ending quite abrupt as not long after stepping foot into the threshold of the Clockwork city do you find yourself facing Kane himself. While the battle is probably the coolest setup I've ever seen in a game, after seeing the post on Blind Mew's Musings I have to say the original sounds more appealing. With the introduction of Able, a nice Clockwork, there seemed a lot of potential for the storyline (not to mention the infinite number of references that could have been made to various movies, TV shows, etc.) However, while it's being said Book 15 may not be redone, there's a good chance that elements of that timeline might appear later on. After all, the ending to Valencia part 2 left much speculation as to what will be next for the Armada and we still don't know what kind of secrets G kept. Perhaps at some point during arc 2 we return to Valencia to find out more about him, and discover things that might aid us in the Armada's ultimate defeat.
Harmony Vane, level 70

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
BlueHairedDrake on Aug 26, 2016 wrote:
I only found out about the original story arc plan a couple days ago and I had wondered why Valencia part 2 seemed so rushed, now I know. I do find Book 15's ending quite abrupt as not long after stepping foot into the threshold of the Clockwork city do you find yourself facing Kane himself. While the battle is probably the coolest setup I've ever seen in a game, after seeing the post on Blind Mew's Musings I have to say the original sounds more appealing. With the introduction of Able, a nice Clockwork, there seemed a lot of potential for the storyline (not to mention the infinite number of references that could have been made to various movies, TV shows, etc.) However, while it's being said Book 15 may not be redone, there's a good chance that elements of that timeline might appear later on. After all, the ending to Valencia part 2 left much speculation as to what will be next for the Armada and we still don't know what kind of secrets G kept. Perhaps at some point during arc 2 we return to Valencia to find out more about him, and discover things that might aid us in the Armada's ultimate defeat.
Harmony Vane, level 70
Yeah. Reading that outline gave me thoughts on visualizing that. We could've aided Gazpaccio in building Able by gathering special parts that made Kane and made the infiltration to The Great Machine for the major confrontation with Kane, as well as the race against him in El Dorado and the ultimate final battle with him in it. A bit saddened to know that wasn't so.

You know, I think the ultimate final battle with Kane in El Dorado wouldn't have been made truly epic as I, or rather, we, wanted it to be, likely 'cause the game doesn't have upgraded land combat mechanics that allowed End-of Arc Big Bads to undergo many transformations during their ultimate final battles with them, and getting to face their final forms where they're at their strongest before their ultimate defeats.

Hope that with the 1st arc's abrupt ending, perhaps KI may gain more than enough time to implement said land combat mechanic upgrades to allow that to occur, along with being able to fight larger enemies & bosses, complete with the mixtures of hitting their large bodies, their weak points in order to lay down the final hits on them & defeat them, etc..

Let's also hope that the Armada & even Kane may be finally ultimately defeated & destroyed once and for all before we could get the ultimate final battle with the new Big Bad in the 2nd arc & go to El Dorado. I'd like to have about everything solved before we can move on to new mysteries to solve.