Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spooky Crits

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 07, 2013
So I have this idea that really isn't too big but would be cool to look into. Melee fighters (, , and some ) get sweet closeups when they critical in battle. That was one of the main reasons I love my Buccaneer. However, I feel that Witchdoctors, and maybe Musketeers I haven't really played one past level 10, are left out of cool effects. How about when a Witch crits, instead of a closeup they just get an added graphic to their spell casting animation? Maybe little wisps or small Jobu skulls circling them before they cast the spell? Just a thought that I think would be cool

Quinn Ironside level 68
Quinn Armstrong level 37
Quinn Webb level 9

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Shadow of the Past on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
So I have this idea that really isn't too big but would be cool to look into. Melee fighters (, , and some ) get sweet closeups when they critical in battle. That was one of the main reasons I love my Buccaneer. However, I feel that Witchdoctors, and maybe Musketeers I haven't really played one past level 10, are left out of cool effects. How about when a Witch crits, instead of a closeup they just get an added graphic to their spell casting animation? Maybe little wisps or small Jobu skulls circling them before they cast the spell? Just a thought that I think would be cool

Quinn Ironside level 68
Quinn Armstrong level 37
Quinn Webb level 9
Well, one thing you can do if you have the dedication for it is to go with the staffy/shooty weapon type. It has a similar flare to criticals as a buccaneer's crits are. Musketeer and Witchdoctor critical animations are difficult because in order to have a similar flare to a melee character, it needs to focus on the player using it. You can also use melee/staffy weapons as they also have similar critical animation style. It would be fun to have flare to a critical animation with powers specifically when the circles appear, and I think that can be do-able.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
Nothing wrong with the critical animations Musk and WD get, I really like some of them especially when my WD starts flying and shoots out mojo.

Lvl 70