Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP in the Sky

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 11, 2013
I think that in some future update, there should be broadside combat PvP. I think that It would bring more use to our ships and take the focus off of the land battles. Please tell me if this might work. Replay if you like the idea of it.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Not quite sure what to think of Ship PvP. It would be a lot less diverse strategy compared to regular PvP. People would just use the same ships with the same equipment, so I don't think I would enjoy it as much. However, it would be fun seeing how well someone could time specific hits, buffs and heals. I would enjoy it, the only problem is everyone would use the same items, but I'm probably just speculating too much (*says to self* why fix something that isn't broken).

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
PVP In the sky. Huh. Maybe if that happened people'll realise just how little strategy Ship battles take.

Here's an example of my ship battles:

"Go to ship

Automatically shoot ship with my cannons

Don't come close to enemy ship

Run from ship if health is yellow
Heal when health is yellow"

Or alternatively:

"Have yellow health

go to ship

get boarded

fight"

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
SharpShot321 on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
I think that in some future update, there should be broadside combat PvP. I think that It would bring more use to our ships and take the focus off of the land battles. Please tell me if this might work. Replay if you like the idea of it.
I have always wanted this I hope if they do make it they allow you to board the enemy ship.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
the Fearless Devil on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
PVP In the sky. Huh. Maybe if that happened people'll realise just how little strategy Ship battles take.

Here's an example of my ship battles:

"Go to ship

Automatically shoot ship with my cannons

Don't come close to enemy ship

Run from ship if health is yellow
Heal when health is yellow"

Or alternatively:

"Have yellow health

go to ship

get boarded

fight"
You literally just described how I deal with PvE quests when I can't afford a good Ship, or when I'm too lazy to drag it out and want to just hurry through a quest XD

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
SharpShot321 on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
It has already been mentioned but I'll touch on it again: there would be no strategy involved since everyone would have the same ship, gear and whatnot and everything would come down to pure luck and RNG.

Now, I HAVE been thinking though of a way to fix how Ship battles work: what if KI implemented a system very similar to how Pirates of the Caribbean Online (sadly long dead and shutdown) did their Ship battles? You could recruit members for your crew, take to the Cannons and fire upon enemies. Those operating the Cannons and clearing Tokens from the deck are still awarded the same experience as the Captain, who's focused on using the main powers. This could also be a fun and very engaging way to complete the same quests together, rather than having to deal with the traditional, slow "Get into range, spam 1 and 2 and 4 and heal when I lose 200 health" drag-fest.

Personally, I'd LOVE to man the Cannons and fix the deck (just like how they originally had it on release) while the Captain focuses on maneuvering and using the ship's abilities. Btw: the Canoneers would do the same damage as a normal barrage would (your ship's autos), that way your ship's Powers are still important but you're able to contribute by aiming and landing cannon-fire rather than relying solely on your ship's Accuracy.

Thoughts?

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Ship pvp wouldn't simply be everyone with an aquilan galleon with full valencia part 2 ship gear,
Firstly ship gear would be split into offensive or defensive (Long range Figurehead or Short range)
Secondly the type of attacks you use, Ice (Terrible if your offensive as it will immobilize you when you attack them on their side) Fire (neutral) Storm (Clouds would be good for offensive play as they can block view of ranged attacks) Thirdly ship size, Offensive types would prefer smaller ship as it is less movement required to charge,
Defensive, would generally prefer large ships for more space.
Also keep in mind ship pvp will lead to boarding eventually unless one of the players is extremely skilled at avoiding getting boarded.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Nightblood1995 on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
It has already been mentioned but I'll touch on it again: there would be no strategy involved since everyone would have the same ship, gear and whatnot and everything would come down to pure luck and RNG.

Now, I HAVE been thinking though of a way to fix how Ship battles work: what if KI implemented a system very similar to how Pirates of the Caribbean Online (sadly long dead and shutdown) did their Ship battles? You could recruit members for your crew, take to the Cannons and fire upon enemies. Those operating the Cannons and clearing Tokens from the deck are still awarded the same experience as the Captain, who's focused on using the main powers. This could also be a fun and very engaging way to complete the same quests together, rather than having to deal with the traditional, slow "Get into range, spam 1 and 2 and 4 and heal when I lose 200 health" drag-fest.

Personally, I'd LOVE to man the Cannons and fix the deck (just like how they originally had it on release) while the Captain focuses on maneuvering and using the ship's abilities. Btw: the Canoneers would do the same damage as a normal barrage would (your ship's autos), that way your ship's Powers are still important but you're able to contribute by aiming and landing cannon-fire rather than relying solely on your ship's Accuracy.

Thoughts?
Love this idea. I would love to sit in the crow's nest though.