Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How long did it take to get the nefarious weapons?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2015
So I did Moo Manchu like, 4 times, in the same day, and used 3000 crowns on the second chance chest. So far I only have the dragon axe of doom from the chest. I was wondering how long it took you to get your weapons; right now I'm trying to get the Nefarious Knives, but I'm not having any good luck.

So how long did it take you to get some weapons?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Since the drop from the 5 and from the chest it totally random it can take just one more try or 100 /
However As a swashbuckler I personally dislike the knives. Flanking is very annoying since it will trigger when your hidden and thus removes your hidden.

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
Well I manage to get the nefarious staff, novablaster and axe of doom. I never got the nefarious knives even though I was farming like almost everyday. I even used second chance chest but never got it. Their drop rates are kinda rare so it's hard to get them sometimes.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2013
Maybe this will give you an idea. Between three max characters, I've completed approximately 100 full tower runs, plus maybe another 20 through Nefarious floor.

So in 120 runs I have;

1 Dragon Axe
4 Nefarious Knives
1 Bound Oni's Bulwark
3 Nova Blasters
4 Nefarious Staffs

I have never used second chance chest on that floor, so for me it was approximately a 10% chance to receive any random weapon.

Good Luck!

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Funny thing is, I got my nefarious staff run 1, and continued to get several more. I got in total (from 55 runs):
2 Dragon Axe of Doom
4 Nefarious Staff
3 Nefarious Novablaster
2 Nefarious Knives
0 Bound Oni Bulwark
No second chance chests.
It really all depends on your luck. It takes me a lot of time to get the items that I want, such as:
Sprocket Key (2 months)
Death's Bargain (2 months)
Captain Blood's Jacket (1 month and nothing)
Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu (2 months and nothing)'

I know some people have gotten amazing drops after few runs,and it does take time to get all the items you want, keep in mind that 4 runs isn't a lot, so just keep farming and eventually, luck will have mercy on you and give you what you want. (I hope)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
kittycat7611 on Aug 6, 2016 wrote:
So I did Moo Manchu like, 4 times, in the same day, and used 3000 crowns on the second chance chest. So far I only have the dragon axe of doom from the chest. I was wondering how long it took you to get your weapons; right now I'm trying to get the Nefarious Knives, but I'm not having any good luck.

It's all based on random luck; you could farm for months and get nothing or you could get a fantastic drop on your first try. I've dropped a few crowns into the Nef. 5's chance chest myself- in the runs I've done I've only received a couple of Novablasters and a few of the accessories they drop. The only thing you can really do is keep farming and hope the loot roll is in your favor.

Side note, if you're a swashbuckler, I suggest going after the Blades of Shade from Cadmus rather than the Nefarious Knives. Flanking can be a huge pain if it activates at the wrong time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've done 100 + runs on my main character and received many weapons within a reasonable time frame ( less than 50 runs ). If you did one run a day that's less than 2 months.
I've received many duplicates of
The Dragon Axe of Doom ( at least 5 )
Nefarious Nova Blaster ( 4 )
Nefarious Knives ( 6 )
Nefarious Staff ( at least 4 )
Bond Oni Bulwark ( 1 and it came from 1 use of the SCC )
I also have a Staff of Power for 4 of my 6 pirates.
Drops are random, dedication and determination will eventually get you what you're looking for.
Note I never do more than 3 chances from the SCC, It's not worth the crowns, IMO.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

Ok, people say I have good luck at getting drops. I'd like to tell some truth. I got my nefarious weapon on run 80. I ran the Tower hundreds of times and I never got Moo's boots. I also never got Faye's jacket. I have everything else from there.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

BTW welcome to the boards!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jan 16, 2015
Ok, thank you guys for the help :D
I decided to farm for blades of shade now

Ensign
Nov 21, 2015
I Got my nefarious knives and blades of shade in the same week :D
Swashbuckler for the win

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Well in the eight or nine times I've done the Tower of Moo Mancha, I've gotten Nefarious knives twice and the Staff of Power once, although that's not a nefarious weapon. My advise is find a good team that you can do the tower with on a regular bases most likely a group of friends. At least half the time I go with the same people and we do the tower in about a hour sometimes a bit faster sometimes a bit slower. If you do that you can do more times a day and the more times you do it the better your chances of getting those darn knives.

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.