Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Halloween over already?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
On the first day, I saw boxes and decor on Skull Island, but as of last night and today, it's all gone. Has it migrated to other islands? If not, this is a very disappointing holiday being as it's so short and Halloween is still 12 days off.

Administrator
It looks like Halloween disappeared for a bit after last night's bug fix. We've switched it back on. Sorry for the interruption!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
It looks like Halloween disappeared for a bit after last night's bug fix. We've switched it back on. Sorry for the interruption!
One-Eyed Jack, this has happened every year since P101 started Celebrations for Christmas and Birth-o-Ween, I would think someone would catch this error by now!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The Great Bug that lived in the hyrda's cave did not go gently into that dark night, but took the Halloween prezzies with him (probably for the pet noms).

The prezzies are back. Hopefully the Great Bug is gone!

.-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
One-Eyed Jack, this has happened every year since P101 started Celebrations for Christmas and Birth-o-Ween, I would think someone would catch this error by now!
IKR

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I have the feeling it has something to do with how bug fixes are scheduled. That is to say, they take the last database, put the bug fixes into that, then set it up so the next update replaces the databased. This happens probably days before the bug fix actually occurs.

Then the database is updated to allow the Halloween or Christmas celebrations to begin.

Then the bug fix database is overlaid on top of the celebratory database and the decorations go away.

See, the problem is they need the database with the celebrations available a week before it is available.

What needs to happen, I think, is the celebratory process needs to be put on both the regular database and the bugfix database at the same time. That would solve the problem.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Per the link, the Halloween in Skull Island was supposed to be here "through November 2nd 2016". They disappeared after the maintenance on 11/02 at 3:00 am CDT. What Happened????

Administrator
The Helpful Pirate on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
Per the link, the Halloween in Skull Island was supposed to be here "through November 2nd 2016". They disappeared after the maintenance on 11/02 at 3:00 am CDT. What Happened????
Not to worry. It's back on. The game has a hard time remembering the state it was in prior to maintenance, so I gently poked it this morning and the presents reappeared.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*