Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Class Specialties Outside of Combat

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
What if each class had a specialty outside of combat? We always talk about skills we can learn that affects us IN combat, but what about outside of combat? Here are my ideas:
Swashbuckler
They're about speed am I right? So how about, when walking around (running as we always do) we can go like 5% faster then the other classes (like how mounts are rated Fast).

Buccaneer

They're about the toughest class out their and I guess they can recover from fights the fastest (this actually isn't proven true in the game), so how about they recover health every 30 seconds? It's perfect since they are meant to absorb damage and tank for other units.

Privateer
The supreme commander of the five classes, get the most companions, and are meant to buff allies in combat. How about, when their companions fall in battle, they can heal up 10% faster? After all, as a Privateer you're supposed to rally your allies to victory.

Witchdoctor
Hmm... this class is really about the spooks and mojo power; you know about Mojo Potions right? How about, every minute, their Mojo Potion refills by 5%? After all, they're pretty weak in a direct fight (especially in Valencia II, Smuggler's Arena, and other places).

Musketeer
Since their trickshots are lightning based,their bombs come from the skies, and their claw traps are struck down by lightning, you'd guess they're the masters of the sky and wind. How about when sailing a ship, it goes 5% faster?

Let me know what you think, and I want to hear your ideas!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Oct 23, 2016 wrote:
What if each class had a specialty outside of combat? We always talk about skills we can learn that affects us IN combat, but what about outside of combat? Here are my ideas:
Swashbuckler
They're about speed am I right? So how about, when walking around (running as we always do) we can go like 5% faster then the other classes (like how mounts are rated Fast).

Buccaneer

They're about the toughest class out their and I guess they can recover from fights the fastest (this actually isn't proven true in the game), so how about they recover health every 30 seconds? It's perfect since they are meant to absorb damage and tank for other units.

Privateer
The supreme commander of the five classes, get the most companions, and are meant to buff allies in combat. How about, when their companions fall in battle, they can heal up 10% faster? After all, as a Privateer you're supposed to rally your allies to victory.

Witchdoctor
Hmm... this class is really about the spooks and mojo power; you know about Mojo Potions right? How about, every minute, their Mojo Potion refills by 5%? After all, they're pretty weak in a direct fight (especially in Valencia II, Smuggler's Arena, and other places).

Musketeer
Since their trickshots are lightning based,their bombs come from the skies, and their claw traps are struck down by lightning, you'd guess they're the masters of the sky and wind. How about when sailing a ship, it goes 5% faster?

This is very creative, but I feel I must disagree.
Swashbucklers: If we could run that fast, why buy a mount? And wouldn't other classes be annoyed at this?
Buccaneer: we're able to fully heal at a Life Fountain or using a Mojo potion, what use is gaining health ( & how much health? ) every 30 seconds.
Privateer: This is really unfair, they already have the most heals& shields in the game - now their companions heal faster after being defeated? ( without training Scrapper? Come on! )
Witchdoctors: We're able to fill our potions ( either by chasing down yum yum, playing a tavern game or buying refills from Ryan. ) This is just unfair to everyone.
Musketeers: I think this power should be shared by all above a certain nautical rank.
I believe with just a little more thinking you could come up with something that works for all in non-combat situations. Even if you have said these are non-combat talents, most of your ideas are combat related.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I think the idea is great. It would be fun to have abilities outside battle.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Swashbucklers: If we could run that fast, why buy a mount? And wouldn't other classes be annoyed at this?
Buccaneer: we're able to fully heal at a Life Fountain or using a Mojo potion, what use is gaining health ( & how much health? ) every 30 seconds.
Privateer: This is really unfair, they already have the most heals& shields in the game - now their companions heal faster after being defeated? ( without training Scrapper? Come on! )
Witchdoctors: We're able to fill our potions ( either by chasing down yum yum, playing a tavern game or buying refills from Ryan. ) This is just unfair to everyone.
Musketeers: I think this power should be shared by all above a certain nautical rank.
I believe with just a little more thinking you could come up with something that works for all in non-combat situations. Even if you have said these are non-combat talents, most of your ideas are combat related.
Well for Swashbucklers I mean like 5% (like how some shoes in Wizard101 increase running speed by 5%). It's not a big difference, it'll probably allow them to get to places one minute faster than other classes (depending how far). Besides, Very Fast mounts are like 40% faster (according to Wizard101 mounts) so we all would love to reach places even faster. Also, the 5% running speed won't stack with mount speeds. Other classes shouldn't be annoyed because, they also have their own specialties.

For Buccaneers, I say they could gradually recover like 5% health every 30 seconds. This would be really helpful for when they're in dungeons and cannot leave to go to a life fountain or else they'll lose their progress.

Privateers are the supreme commanders and should "rally their troops and allies to glory", if the 10% faster healing time for companions is too much, maybe a 5% healing time is a better option. But for me when I did Valencia Part II, soloed Kane with my Privateer, and do Smuggler's Arena, the enemies (Swashbucklers and Buccaneers) come after my character due to the fact that I have Loud 3 trained (even if I bring Egg Shen or other Buccaneers), so this either kills me first round or kills me second round (I also bring Bonnie Anne with Overwatch 3 but she ends up missing Swashbucklers and/or hitting Buccaneers, but they keep doing criticals on me). Thus this means I must A) put a Valor's Armor on myself to keep myself alive or B) put a final buff before I'm dead to support my companions. I usually do (A) and hope for the best, but it then leaves my companions open to the Musketeers to keep chaining them with criticals, burst fires, and double-taps and sometimes that ends up in either A) my character and at least one other comrade dying or B) I'm alive and I lost at least two comrades. This is the reason I think Privateers should get something like this.

I admit for Witchdoctors and Musketeers it was a bit hard so I'll try to think of something for them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:
Well for Swashbucklers I mean like 5% (like how some shoes in Wizard101 increase running speed by 5%). It's not a big difference, it'll probably allow them to get to places one minute faster than other classes (depending how far). Besides, Very Fast mounts are like 40% faster (according to Wizard101 mounts) so we all would love to reach places even faster. Also, the 5% running speed won't stack with mount speeds. Other classes shouldn't be annoyed because, they also have their own specialties.

For Buccaneers, I say they could gradually recover like 5% health every 30 seconds. This would be really helpful for when they're in dungeons and cannot leave to go to a life fountain or else they'll lose their progress.

Privateers are the supreme commanders and should "rally their troops and allies to glory", if the 10% faster healing time for companions is too much, maybe a 5% healing time is a better option. But for me when I did Valencia Part II, soloed Kane with my Privateer, and do Smuggler's Arena, the enemies (Swashbucklers and Buccaneers) come after my character due to the fact that I have Loud 3 trained (even if I bring Egg Shen or other Buccaneers), so this either kills me first round or kills me second round (I also bring Bonnie Anne with Overwatch 3 but she ends up missing Swashbucklers and/or hitting Buccaneers, but they keep doing criticals on me). Thus this means I must A) put a Valor's Armor on myself to keep myself alive or B) put a final buff before I'm dead to support my companions. I usually do (A) and hope for the best, but it then leaves my companions open to the Musketeers to keep chaining them with criticals, burst fires, and double-taps and sometimes that ends up in either A) my character and at least one other comrade dying or B) I'm alive and I lost at least two comrades. This is the reason I think Privateers should get something like this.

I admit for Witchdoctors and Musketeers it was a bit hard so I'll try to think of something for them.
What I wished to point out to you was that there are already mechanics in the game that gives us these advantages.
Healing - so easy to visit a Life Fountain and heal to full health, then use dungeon recall.
Refilling a mojo potion is so simple, that this ability is practically useless.
I do, however, like the faster nautical ability and would like to see this applied to everyone above a certain nautical level. Maybe even have our ship attacks cool down faster.
I've been in too many team ups where a team mate keeps out running everyone else & it's a real pain.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Oct 23, 2016 wrote:
Swashbuckler

Buccaneer

Privateer

Witchdoctor

Musketeer

Ooh! I really like this idea! :D

Your ideas for Swashbucklers and Privateers were great! Though it's hard to find good ones for the other three classes. Maybe the Buccaneer's companions are faster (idk by how much) at the brawlin' task? I really don't know.

But this has brought to mind another interesting idea. What of class-specific emotes? Witchdoctors could levitate or something, maybe summon some minions outside of combat (that disappear quickly)? Musketeers could fire their guns (or just polish them or something). Swashbucklers could do something acrobatic or agile, like flips or twirling their swords/daggers. Buccaneers could do a battle-cry, and Privateers could play inspirational music or make a silent speech. XD

Thoughts?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ShadowStrikerV2 on Oct 29, 2016 wrote:

Your ideas for Swashbucklers and Privateers were great! Though it's hard to find good ones for the other three classes. Maybe the Buccaneer's companions are faster (idk by how much) at the brawlin' task? I really don't know.

But this has brought to mind another interesting idea. What of class-specific emotes? Witchdoctors could levitate or something, maybe summon some minions outside of combat (that disappear quickly)? Musketeers could fire their guns (or just polish them or something). Swashbucklers could do something acrobatic or agile, like flips or twirling their swords/daggers. Buccaneers could do a battle-cry, and Privateers could play inspirational music or make a silent speech. XD

Thoughts?
I love your emote/idle animation idea! It would be great to do something than just stand around!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Every time I read your posts I remember how much I......remember that scene in "A Knight's Tale....?"

William: I will not lose.
Jocelyn: Then you do not love me.

Roland: What are you doing?
William: Losing.
Roland: I don't understand!
William: Neither do I.

Chaucer: There she is, William. The embodiment of love. Your Venus.
William: And how I hate her.

Women: the cause for Miracle Mitch.......(Am I mostly dead yet? And they are always shocked we need a surgeon!)

Why do you like to torture me? WHY? Well, must I really ask that question? The answer is because when you are really in love it goes beyond physical pain. It's a spiritual bond that is deeper than what the body can take that is why it lasts even after death but still.....even though you stop me from gaining any sort of advantage on the field... the challenge of you makes it all worth it.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 30, 2016 wrote:
Every time I read your posts I remember how much I......remember that scene in "A Knight's Tale....?"

Women: the cause for Miracle Mitch.......(Am I mostly dead yet? And they are always shocked we need a surgeon!)

Why do you like to torture me? WHY? Well, must I really ask that question? The answer is because when you are really in love it goes beyond physical pain. It's a spiritual bond that is deeper than what the body can take that is why it lasts even after death but still.....even though you stop me from gaining any sort of advantage on the field... the challenge of you makes it all worth it.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Okay so uh, I had no idea what you were saying at the beginning (lol) but the last part I had to agree with you.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013

Thoughts?
Awesome idea! I really love the emotes idea! I'm still thinking about my idea with Witchdoctors and Musketeers. I'm not sure how many people put their companions to go to brawlin' (if that's the one where they get XP for companions).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 30, 2016 wrote:

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Are my posts that painful to read? There was a good idea in this post ( just my opinion ) and everyone can agree or disagree with me or Merciless Richard. As well as submit their own ideas.
If we had more activities outside of combat , we could have more class specialties. But all we have besides combat are pet activities - training, morphing or sparring. Everything else is combat related!
If we had Fishing, Gardening, or Crafting - then non-combat specialties would be interesting.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012

Thoughts?
The Emotes are a cool idea. It would be great for when you're just hanging out in Skull Island or something instead of just standing around.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 30, 2016 wrote:
Are my posts that painful to read? There was a good idea in this post ( just my opinion ) and everyone can agree or disagree with me or Merciless Richard. As well as submit their own ideas.
If we had more activities outside of combat , we could have more class specialties. But all we have besides combat are pet activities - training, morphing or sparring. Everything else is combat related!
If we had Fishing, Gardening, or Crafting - then non-combat specialties would be interesting.
Yeah I agree, if we had things like Fishing, Gardening, and Crafting then each class could have their special abilities outside of combat expanded