Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Our Villain Characters

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Hey guys,
I remembered a thread where we gave our characters theme songs, and that made me think: what about our "evil" characters?
What about the piraes we have who are supposed to be purely malicious?

Who are they? Why are they bad? What is their theme song? (Just sayin', for my evil character, Regicide from Destiny is his song)

My evil character is probably gonna be my swash or another Witchdoctor, (I have yet to decide which one has the more devious profile).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
noahdd on May 15, 2017 wrote:
Hey guys,
I remembered a thread where we gave our characters theme songs, and that made me think: what about our "evil" characters?

Who are they? Why are they bad? What is their theme song? (Just sayin', for my evil character, Regicide from Destiny is his song)

My evil character is probably gonna be my swash or another Witchdoctor, (I have yet to decide which one has the more devious profile).
I wonder how you will be able to play an "evil' character? Most of the quest line has us acting heroically. The most evil things we do is start a war ( even then we have a noble motive ) and we get to rob a bank ( accidentally ) then we make amends by returning the gold & bringing the true criminals to justice.
And, of course, there are those who use the Elixir of Power in Moo's Tower and become ( temporarily ) "evil".
I don't know any "evil" songs.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
Historically speaking, pirates were almost unanimously hated by governments and citizens alike (which stays true in the game for the most part, though I do like warm welcomes). That said, they also did a bit of good, and that's a main reason I like to think of us as anti-heroes rather than heroes or villains. While we help out a lot, we end up helping ourselves more often.

But to answer your question, The Greatest Jubilee.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on May 16, 2017 wrote:
I wonder how you will be able to play an "evil' character? Most of the quest line has us acting heroically. The most evil things we do is start a war ( even then we have a noble motive ) and we get to rob a bank ( accidentally ) then we make amends by returning the gold & bringing the true criminals to justice.
And, of course, there are those who use the Elixir of Power in Moo's Tower and become ( temporarily ) "evil".
Well, except "When You're Evil" by Voltaire

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
How about "Be Prepared" from The Lion King for a bad guy?

Maybe for Kane, or Captain Blood, or it may even fit Death.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
anecorbie on May 16, 2017 wrote:
Evil songs: intimidating, unsettling, or otherwise creepy.

It depends on how you interpret your characters' actions. Refusing Moo Manchu's potion could simply because your pirate (a devious profession even!) simply wants to become a bigger bad guy than Manchu.

Mostly, this thread was just for fun. It's all about making something up. I thought people would enjoy it, because sometimes it's fun to play the bad guy.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
noahdd on May 17, 2017 wrote:
Evil songs: intimidating, unsettling, or otherwise creepy.

It depends on how you interpret your characters' actions. Refusing Moo Manchu's potion could simply because your pirate (a devious profession even!) simply wants to become a bigger bad guy than Manchu.

Mostly, this thread was just for fun. It's all about making something up. I thought people would enjoy it, because sometimes it's fun to play the bad guy.
Now that I think of it, the game itself has a lot of "evil" songs. For instance, that song (side note, do any of these songs have names?) that plays in Gullet, Blood Shoals and various other more barren or shady-looking areas.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
None of my pirates are legitimately evil, but Smart Evan Freeman is crazy And my witchdoctor Gruff Kendrick Heath is surprisingly negative, though deep down he is a nice guy.

My "Evil" song would have to be "Solar Eclipse" From terraria

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
noahdd on May 15, 2017 wrote:
Hey guys,

Hello, NoahDD! It is safe to say I have been a "bad character" in role playing before, for the Armada, but always in the end turning to the good side and becoming Resistance. However, I don't think there would be an exactly "bad" Pirate, but hopefully my future Swashbuckler that I'll make in - who knows how long would be sort of mysterious. She has powers and is a descendant of a very evil person with powers, but she has her own way of swinging things.

Evil song. Hmm. How about the creepy song playing in the Haunted Saloon?

Or this one awesomely creepy song that I have no idea what it's called.

Or Be Prepared; that's a great song, Wolf!

Dashing. Leading. Reckless. Accurate. Resistance soldiers at large.

(Helpful Aurora Parker: So, who's your bad character, Ratbeard?
Sarah Steele: He doesn't need to answer that. You already know it's himself.
Ratbeard: I be not! Okay, fine, but I thought we were workin' on tha'! )

Post Edit: I'd also say the Valencian Skyway music is a great haunted melody.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Well, i would say that Quinn and his goonies are certainly evil. In fact, him and Dark Dylan are trying to take control of the Haywire Armada. If you could battle them in-game, i'd choose these songs:

Hardy Quinn: 'The Final Showdown' Rayman Origins.

Dark Dylan:'Bowser's Highway Showdown' Super Mario 3D World

Hardy Quinn(final battle):Kingdom Hearts A Fight To The Death HD Remix

Hardy Quinn Dark Dylan
Evil Overlord Evil Magician

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
darkmoordude on May 22, 2017 wrote:
None of my pirates are legitimately evil, but Smart Evan Freeman is crazy And my witchdoctor Gruff Kendrick Heath is surprisingly negative, though deep down he is a nice guy.

My "Evil" song would have to be "Solar Eclipse" From terraria
You know what I said about Evan? Now other games are starting to back me up on this

I made characters of my pirates (And even Aurora's ) in Death Road to Canada and I was at a gas station when one option had him crawling inside a gas tank it was weird yet hilarious (I didn't actually make him do that, it would have been hilarious though) So yeah, it lived up to my expectations

-Evan starts banging on drums-

Kendrick: Be quiet over there!

Evan: NO!

Blaine: Don't blame Darkmoordude, he's tired and on medicine, he legit tried to open a bag of cheetos sideways and he needs to just rest so he won't be on these forums for a day or two.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
He is just like me, uses the same magic, same spells, same staff.

He doesn't sound that evil but there is just one thing

He doesn't have the "honest" in honest darius Oswald

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on Jun 22, 2017 wrote:
You know what I said about Evan? Now other games are starting to back me up on this

I made characters of my pirates (And even Aurora's ) in Death Road to Canada and I was at a gas station when one option had him crawling inside a gas tank it was weird yet hilarious (I didn't actually make him do that, it would have been hilarious though) So yeah, it lived up to my expectations

-Evan starts banging on drums-

Kendrick: Be quiet over there!

Evan: NO!

Blaine: Don't blame Darkmoordude, he's tired and on medicine, he legit tried to open a bag of cheetos sideways and he needs to just rest so he won't be on these forums for a day or two.
Hope you feel better soon, Evan!

Nice to know I'm famous on a game I don't even play! I take it as a compliment. L.O.L. Sometimes I make characters of people that were my friends on Pirate101 and I pretend to talk with them as Helpful Aurora Parker and copy their attributes, personalities and their style of speech.