Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some Questions for Decius

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Greetings of mighty Eagle of Decius, I have some questions for thee
I know you have stated some of this here in the forums / and some of it on the KI live but memory being what it is.

A - How many total pets have been found to date

B - When counting this number - are you counting the old and the new versions of some of these ( aka pet XX when it had a high loyalty AND pet XX after the change - thus it counts as 2 ? )

C - Are there any "Different" hybrids (as in pet skins) that have not been found yet ?

D - Could you perhaps restate the clues that you have give to us that we have not found the hybrid for (so that they are all in one new and current place for us to work on them)

E - Perhaps a clue for something new? It has after all been a while since we have had something to search for.

Thank you of might Eagle.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Jumps up and down waving arms / Hello Decius / Hello

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Krigleblort on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
Jumps up and down waving arms / Hello Decius / Hello
working up a sweat there.. well no problem with that, exercise is good for ya! why not ask about something more specific? most of the times Decius has made something, handed it over to another department to add in the game, thinks its in and bam.. not in yet or over-ruled as a hybrid and plopped in as a crown item xD no fault of his but he's mighty busy bird so try to have patience and kindly ask in ways he can answer without hep getting mad at him xD

Hep's jaws are fiercely toothed and he doesn't take kindly to willy-nilly frivolities like giving out complete recipes for hybrids..

Here's a weird idea for the future.. be neat if some pets could be added in game and we could be given a treasure map with clues to find.. might lead us to a secret boss or one we haven't visited in a long time.. or some might just be chests with a hint about a certain hybrid.. example "think of a desert wasteland" could mean either to head towards sandy areas of Monquista or Cool Ranch(since Krokotopia isnt in game yet) OR it could mean a pet that resembles something we'd find in a desert wasteland.. but since there'd be several hidden clues to find, once found say 5 or 6 of 20 you might get an amazing idea and pop off to the tent to discover that wonderful hidden hybrid..

stormy jen silver

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Hi there!
I am here just been busy being pulled all over the place.

A - How many total pets have been found to date - Millions upon millions!

B - When counting this number - are you counting the old and the new versions of some of these ( aka pet XX when it had a high loyalty AND pet XX after the change - thus it counts as 2 ? ) - Yes

C - Are there any "Different" hybrids (as in pet skins) that have not been found yet ? - I am not sure and will need to check in on the pet hybrid pages somewhere.

D - Could you perhaps restate the clues that you have give to us that we have not found the hybrid for (so that they are all in one new and current place for us to work on them) - I wish I would have written them all down in 1 spot.

E - Perhaps a clue for something new? It has after all been a while since we have had something to search for. - I will have to ask and see if the other person I have been training up on pets snuck any in lately.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
So can we have a new clue / please please / pretty please with whip cream and a cherry on top

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Ok ok / x places a large pile of birdseed out x

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
Ok ok / x places a large pile of birdseed out x
He's not that kind of bird, offer him a salmon....

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
He's not that kind of bird, offer him a salmon....
Fish over seed for sure. Fish in a taco great! Fish fresh from the ocean while on a boat even better. I haven't been deep sea fishing in about 17 years. I took up snorkeling and diving instead, not as tasty, but the fish sure are prettier.

So anyways, I have a few things I cooked up for the morphing tent last week. Nothing super new and crazy, maybe just a few silly jokes and some color shifts. But when we update next I made a few requests happen. I won't say what ones, because that would just be too easy.

Also if any of you have a time machine, please go back about 5~ years and tell me to make pets easier to make on the art/animation/dev side please! :P

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
Fish over seed for sure. Fish in a taco great! Fish fresh from the ocean while on a boat even better. I haven't been deep sea fishing in about 17 years. I took up snorkeling and diving instead, not as tasty, but the fish sure are prettier.

So anyways, I have a few things I cooked up for the morphing tent last week. Nothing super new and crazy, maybe just a few silly jokes and some color shifts. But when we update next I made a few requests happen. I won't say what ones, because that would just be too easy.

Also if any of you have a time machine, please go back about 5~ years and tell me to make pets easier to make on the art/animation/dev side please! :P
You deserve a big tankful of beautiful tropical fish for confirming that an UPDATE IS COMING!!!!!! And I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the Manticore, I requested one when Aquila came out.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
So 2 new hybrids slipped into that last hotfix.
They were requested not long ago.
Has anyone found them yet?

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 26, 2017 wrote:
So 2 new hybrids slipped into that last hotfix.
They were requested not long ago.
Has anyone found them yet?
Unfortunately, no one has found any hybrids as of late. But we are trying! We'll let you know if anyone finds any new hybrid at all.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
and since we have no idea if you are talking about something suggested on these forums / or something suggested in the morphing tent / or something from another website / or or or

Need a real clue please

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Krigleblort on Jul 28, 2017 wrote:
and since we have no idea if you are talking about something suggested on these forums / or something suggested in the morphing tent / or something from another website / or or or

Need a real clue please
One parent is blue and the other has a pointy head.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2009
Aquacorn has been found! The combo is blue lionfish and bunnicorn.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Good news, Decius! Since you posted that hint one of my friends, Ryan Strong, has found the hybrid! The Aquacorn, which is the blue Bunnicorn, has been found!

Congrats to Ryan Strong for finding the hybrid ^-^ I hope we can find more.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Both found in just hours. I should have made the clue harder Good job everyone.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rye Bread on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
Aquacorn has been found! The combo is blue lionfish and bunnicorn.
Welcome to the message boards, Rye Bread, and congratulations on finding the hybrid!

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
I don't know ... I think the clue difficulty was just right.

*Whistles*

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I had hoped you were lurking in the KI Not-Live to give us another pictorial clue...

I've tried the Adorabilis with everything I can think of, same with Black Tiger. Do they have any hybrid hints you can throw out here?

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
Yay! A new Bunnicorn Pet! But...not the one I was hoping for.....

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
Still hoping to get the Bunnicorn with the GOLD horn that runs around the track in Circus Maximus. Been trying Bunnicorn with several Blue colored pets but no dice.

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
Also does the Bunnicorn in the Morphing Tent have a PINK horn? Or does it just look like that due to the lighting?

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
CleverBriannaEverr... on Aug 19, 2017 wrote:
Also does the Bunnicorn in the Morphing Tent have a PINK horn? Or does it just look like that due to the lighting?
I think that is just the lighting in that room.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
I think that is just the lighting in that room.
Having seen both the Bunnicorn pet and the Bunnicorn in the morphing statue under the same lighting I can safely say that it isn't the lighting. It does indeed have the PINK horn (and pink eyes to match). Even without checking the lighting wouldn't drastically change the blue horn to pink (if it was the case my blue outfit would be turned pink, but that's beside the point).

So the two Bunnicorn pets are different, just like the Aquacorn and the blue Bunnicorn outside are different even though both are (different shades but still) blue.