Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Contessa Blade Storm

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
I'm guessing other people have experienced this issue. Every time my Contessa gets a critical there is no blade storm to follow. I have blade storm 2 on her and I'd really like to put that talent to use and have her stop throwing my game. :/

Community Leader
Just now, I tested it on my own Contessa. Bladestorm worked as it should. Contessa got the hit when she landed a crit, or defeated an enemy. Another pirate happened to enter the fight I was in, and his Contessa's bladestorm worked as it should. Just an fyi, her Backstab should NOT be triggering bladestorm unless it crits or finishes off an enemy. Even though her backstab shares an animation with her critical hit animation, that alone does not guarantee bladestorm will trigger.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
Matthew525011 on Jun 16, 2017 wrote:
Just now, I tested it on my own Contessa. Bladestorm worked as it should. Contessa got the hit when she landed a crit, or defeated an enemy. Another pirate happened to enter the fight I was in, and his Contessa's bladestorm worked as it should. Just an fyi, her Backstab should NOT be triggering bladestorm unless it crits or finishes off an enemy. Even though her backstab shares an animation with her critical hit animation, that alone does not guarantee bladestorm will trigger.
For some reason these random glitches just happen to me from time to time. Sometimes my companions and me will hit with a fog and it won't double to damage and sometimes it will.

Community Leader
Well, the thing with fog isn't a glitch. Sometimes your hits will low roll, doing less damage than advertised. You must just get high rolls out of fog, and low rolls in fog sometimes, which gives you the perception that the game is glitched, when it's actually working as intended.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
I think I have two POSSIBLE reasons for your problems.

Blade Storm issue: Are you sure its a critical? Contessa's Back Stab power shares the same animation as her criticals so using Back Stab doesn't always mean Blade Storm.

Black Fog issue: Some enemies in Valencia part 2 have first strike 3, which removes hidden and negates the added damage.

Hopefully these help/helped .

Ensign
Mar 31, 2017
This is one of the only pages I could find about Contessa or Fan Flinders that I could post on. So I just finished the game and am wandering if Contessa or Fan is better. They both have the same amount of weapon power and Contessa has 20 more health, but Fan has more epic abilities while Contessa has better powers
lvl 70 - Romantic Connor

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
I have noticed this. Often bladestorm does not follow a critical on Contessa. You are not the only one.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Conwitty423 on Jun 27, 2017 wrote:
This is one of the only pages I could find about Contessa or Fan Flinders that I could post on. So I just finished the game and am wandering if Contessa or Fan is better. They both have the same amount of weapon power and Contessa has 20 more health, but Fan has more epic abilities while Contessa has better powers
lvl 70 - Romantic Connor
I thought your question deserved it's own thread, so I gave it one. People have started to reply already. It's on Who's better, Fan or Contessa?