Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is the nefarious 5 fight a timed battle?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
okay, i'm curious, I've done about 12 moo runs, (working at master of moo badge right now, got a long ways to go) and this could be a coincidence, but the runs I've gotten the Nefarious Novablaster, Baron's Mask, and Turncoats Hat, and battle lasted 5 rounds or less, my other 8-9 runs it was 6 rounds and beyond, I'm curious if the battle for drops is timed or not. It's obvious doubloons don't make a difference because I had to solo the last 2 nefarious members at one point, and used a lot of doubloon summons and got the hat (if i get the full outfit it'd be a good privateer outfit though imo) Still curious though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Jun 19, 2017 wrote:
okay, i'm curious, I've done about 12 moo runs, (working at master of moo badge right now, got a long ways to go) and this could be a coincidence, but the runs I've gotten the Nefarious Novablaster, Baron's Mask, and Turncoats Hat, and battle lasted 5 rounds or less, my other 8-9 runs it was 6 rounds and beyond, I'm curious if the battle for drops is timed or not. It's obvious doubloons don't make a difference because I had to solo the last 2 nefarious members at one point, and used a lot of doubloon summons and got the hat (if i get the full outfit it'd be a good privateer outfit though imo) Still curious though.
It is not timed for drops, however to get the speed chest ( 4 lock ) you do have to defeat them in a short period ( I believe its less than 5 rds, but I'm not sure. )

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
UPDATE: I got Nef Knives and Dragon Axe, both were under 5 rounds, however.
I've come to the conclusion that it isn't a timed fight, and my other runs above 5 rounds are a mix of bad luck.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I suspect it is just a random drop, with them being uncommon loot. It would be tougher to make a separate table, based on how long the fight is. Why bother, if it drops at the rate they intend?

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
I doubt it, I have plenty of fast runs and gotten nothing.