Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbuckler Nerf?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2016
I was browsing through my powers today and noticed that the Assassin's Strike and its lower versions have had the weapon power replaced with spell power?

Was there a nerf considering how overused Swashbucklers are in the meta or something?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Ominor on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:
I was browsing through my powers today and noticed that the Assassin's Strike and its lower versions have had the weapon power replaced with spell power?

Was there a nerf considering how overused Swashbucklers are in the meta or something?
You must have been using a magic weapon. assassin strike is the same as before.

Community Leader
I'm assuming that you mean that the physical damage icon was replaced with a magical damage icon correct? Depending on the weapon you use, your melee attacks, such as your assassin's strikes will do either magical or physical damage. However, the damage is still boosted by hides and other sources that increase weapon power, such as doubloons. For example, all Ashes of the Armada and Dreadnaught weapons do magical damage. However, if you have one of these weapons equipped, your assassins will still do double damage when hidden. So no, there was no nerf, you just noticed a mechanic that has existed for a while.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ominor on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:

Hey, welcome to the boards.

My swashbuckler is still using weapon power for her strikes, so it may have something to do with the weapon you're using. Is it a staffy weapon?

Ensign
May 31, 2016
Hmm, that makes sense. I'm using Moonlight Reavers, stabby weapon with boost in agility. I got them as a lucky drop from the Tribal Crew pack. I'm pretty sure they aren't magical weapons.

Community Leader
Ominor on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:
Hmm, that makes sense. I'm using Moonlight Reavers, stabby weapon with boost in agility. I got them as a lucky drop from the Tribal Crew pack. I'm pretty sure they aren't magical weapons.
Every weapon in that pack does magical damage, but basic attacks (first strike, riposte, relentless hits included) and melee powers (assassin's strikes, vicious charges, et al) will still be buffed by weapon power buffs

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
May 31, 2016
Matthew525011 on Sep 10, 2017 wrote:
Every weapon in that pack does magical damage, but basic attacks (first strike, riposte, relentless hits included) and melee powers (assassin's strikes, vicious charges, et al) will still be buffed by weapon power buffs
Drats! Looks like I'll have to revise my strategy. Thanks!