Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Spooky Spiral

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
October is creeping up upon us, and so is Halloween. One of my favourite festival days. So, in the spirit of Halloween, (and in steps with my Halloween Party) I'd like to pose a simple question.

In all of the Spiral, which is your favourite spooky spot, and why?

Mine is the haunted grove were we first meet Ol' Scratch. I love the atmosphere of the place, the open graves and shambling skeletal pirates.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
CdeWinter on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
October is creeping up upon us, and so is Halloween. One of my favourite festival days. So, in the spirit of Halloween, (and in steps with my Halloween Party) I'd like to pose a simple question.

Mine is the haunted grove were we first meet Ol' Scratch. I love the atmosphere of the place, the open graves and shambling skeletal pirates.
Hmm, well... It depends on what kind of "spooky" you're talking about. And I think you're referring to the Hoodoo House? Yes, that is quite spooky.

Wow, I can't believe I still haven't thought of my favorite spooky place yet! I suppose I'll post when I think of one.

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
I like Miranda in terms of the spookiness atmosphere. Plus, it's quite literally a ghost town
I also like periditions cauldron, the look of the ship to the look of the surrounding skies just nails the spooky factor!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

In MooShu there are 2 places that I think deserve the name "spooky" - the first is in the Paths of Penance; the middle section where the spirits are.
And the corrupt Shrine, when we talk to the ghost, Riku Yokujin, and we don't realize that she's a ghost until we've spoken to the teashop owner! That's very spooky.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016

definitely miranda. I mean, all the ghosts and skelly pirates wandering around. the sky. whats not there to consider it a spooky place? lol

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
My Witctdoctor house. Perfectly and cozily spooky, because it's home! - and there is no place like home.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Its a tie between saint fidos church (Incredibly under rated haunted spooky place) and the jailhouse in cool ranch (who is that mysterious ghost chicken that appears every now and then in the cells?)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
lightleaf101 on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
I like Miranda in terms of the spookiness atmosphere. Plus, it's quite literally a ghost town
I also like periditions cauldron, the look of the ship to the look of the surrounding skies just nails the spooky factor!
I have to absolutely agree on both! Great ones!

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
turtlemcturtleton on Oct 1, 2017 wrote:
The place where you face off with Duck of Death
Boot Hill? Wow, that's a great one!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I've always been a little creeped out by the tunnels under the Scurvy Dog hideout. I don't know what it is about those Aztecosaur mummies, but they always give me chills.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
An honorable mention to the Perdition's Cauldron as well. In all of the "actual" places in the Spiral - at least spooky ones - I especially love the vibe at that place most. What's creepier than a haunted ship in the depths of a dark cavern?

Not to mention I like how the captain's cabin is decked out... kinda wish I can do that with my Haunted Galleon.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

I'm going to have to say Marie Celestia. Someone had already said Perdition's Cauldron, but that's just where you sail. I do agree that Perdition's Cauldron is spooky, as even on my Swashbucklers Sarah Steele pointed out that it's one of the spookiest places she's ever been. But Marie Celestia - the ship itself! The captain's quarters, the Dutchman himself! The ghosts and the sinister quote of... "Welcome to Perdition, Pirates. Ye're never leaving!"

Hmph. Think that Bones McCoy character (great Star Trek pun ) didn't think it through enough. I'm definitely not in Perdition now, so I did leave - and I lived to tell the tale!

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
I'm going to have to say Marie Celestia. Someone had already said Perdition's Cauldron, but that's just where you sail. I do agree that Perdition's Cauldron is spooky, as even on my Swashbucklers Sarah Steele pointed out that it's one of the spookiest places she's ever been. But Marie Celestia - the ship itself! The captain's quarters, the Dutchman himself! The ghosts and the sinister quote of... "Welcome to Perdition, Pirates. Ye're never leaving!"

Hmph. Think that Bones McCoy character (great Star Trek pun ) didn't think it through enough. I'm definitely not in Perdition now, so I did leave - and I lived to tell the tale!
Looks to me we're still talking about the same place.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hoodoo Mistress on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
I did misname the area, so that was on me.
I think it's just an argument over semantics - Perdition's Cauldron is spooky and equally The Marie Celestia.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Everywhere is a spooky spot when you're born with the eyes that can see ghosts all the time. Although the spookiest part of Cool Ranch is spooky enough (the haunted skyways)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
winter goddess on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
Everywhere is a spooky spot when you're born with the eyes that can see ghosts all the time. Although the spookiest part of Cool Ranch is spooky enough (the haunted skyways)
Oh, true! That's a good one! Even Boot Hill, as I think someone mentioned.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
For Pirates definitely Miranda Dungeon, i remember the good old days before it was nerfed. The Old Miranda was the spookiest place to be and not to mention the 1 hour plus, i went through with my first two characters. Amber took 25 minuets, Britney got help form a fellow pirate. Isabel and Rodrigo have yet to debut.

For wizards dark moor manor, i don't recommend soloing it.Invite a friend or 3 to challenge that boss.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Love the Haunted Skyway, for all I detest Cool Ranch in general. The sky is just stunning there.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 23, 2017 wrote:
Is anyone afraid of the big, bad, Armada?
No, Esperanza! I'll never be afraid of the Armada - I'll fight, even if I die, to destroy the Armada once and for all! For the Resistance!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Mine is in the Witchdoctor's Lab Housing item from the Hoodoo bundle pack.