Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How many spells are you allowed to have?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 30, 2013
How many spells are you allowed to have? Is the limit only 20 spells? I asked someone in-game and they said it's infinite. Is that true? If it is true what happens to the other spells that don't fit in the 20 slots?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
McdonaldsEmployee on Feb 7, 2018 wrote:
How many spells are you allowed to have? Is the limit only 20 spells? I asked someone in-game and they said it's infinite. Is that true? If it is true what happens to the other spells that don't fit in the 20 slots?
I haven't got that many spells yet, unlike W101 where they can place multiple spells in their deck, we get one by training or use of a point ( if we get more of a certain power, it's from gear or a pet ).
I don't think there's a finite number, since we aren't as high leveled as a wizard can get.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
spells/powers are like doubloons. you can have as many as you want but only 20 fit on a page. meaning those first 20 have a better chance of showing up in combat. if you want to bring a spell/doubloon from say spot 35 to spot 12 just go to page 2, click and drag it then move the mouse to the left edge and place it in spot 12. the spells/doubloons from spot 12 and back will go backwards 1 spot to make room for the one you moved. like wise to go backwards to the opposite. sadly doubloons do not follow this rule. while it is true only 20 fit per page that does not mean they will show up more often. i've had Treasure Bath and Aquila Doubloon in spots 1 and 2 and they never show up while i have like a lvl 25 push back doubloon in spot number 38 show up almost every time.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Do you mean the attacks and buffs you choose from the bottom of the screen? Doubloons do have a limit of 20 for identical doubloons, like level 5 Mark of Death- you can have 20, but the 21st gets destroyed. For learned attacks and buffing powers, and powers that come from clothing and pets, I never counted to see exactly how many I have on max. I suspect It would just keep adding it to your powers page. Whether there is a limit to how many you can draw in a fight, not sure. I've wondered myself if there is a limit to how many are available for use in a fight selected by random chance, or if you get all of them, until they are all gone.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
While in most cases you can only have 20 doubloons I have found from the beast packs to hit 99 pet summon doubloon and it went around back to zero and started to count again.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Avery Court Grace on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
While in most cases you can only have 20 doubloons I have found from the beast packs to hit 99 pet summon doubloon and it went around back to zero and started to count again.
Maybe they make an exception for doubloons that were bought with crowns.

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Calamity Finch on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:
Maybe they make an exception for doubloons that were bought with crowns.
I had the same thought. That's how my backpack and bank overfill when I'm too lazy to clean them out. ;)

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~