Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Side Quests.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 28, 2019
How would you tackle them? I find that doing them all makes the game longer, boring, and easier. But I also find that completing all of the side quests to be satisfying ONLY at the end because of the nautical/pirate experience, gold, and/or changing the world (even if it's only a minor change). So, out of curiosity , how do you guys personally tackle side quests, and how do you feel about them?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CherryOnTop1 on May 31, 2019 wrote:
How would you tackle them? I find that doing them all makes the game longer, boring, and easier. But I also find that completing all of the side quests to be satisfying ONLY at the end because of the nautical/pirate experience, gold, and/or changing the world (even if it's only a minor change). So, out of curiosity , how do you guys personally tackle side quests, and how do you feel about them?
I side quests! They're not boring, sometimes the funniest writing is found in a side quest.
Side quests:
1. Give a boost to experience, nautical & piratical.
2. Extra gold to furnish you with training tomes for your companions; as well as quests that reward tomes.
3. You can combine certain side quests with the main quest. ( This cuts down on time. )

4. A chance for extra companions that you don't get from the main quest. Or even pets as a drop.
5. Insight into the quest line & a hint to future events.
How I deal with side quest - I gather them as I find them. And then do them before I move on to the next world. If any of those sides can be combined with the main quests, then they get done then, simple.
Since I buy the areas with crowns, I don't need to worry that my membership will run out before I'm through. ( So time isn't a play factor for me. )

Post Edit: And what's wrong with playing a longer game? Do we have to rush to max level then sit there with nothing to do?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
I tackle different side quests differently. If there is one that will give me a Companion after completing it, I will try to set that as my main focus and put my main quest on the back burner. Companions are always good things!

I tend to do the same with side quests that give me really special stuff, but if certain side quests only give Experience and Gold, I'll probably set those aside until I hit Max Level.

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler
Brave Kiley, Level 56 Buccaneer
Destiny Galway, Level 12 Musketeer
Nora, Level 15 Privateer
Clever Tavia, Level 10 Swashbuckler (to be deleted)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I like to do them here and there, with a fox or in a box, on a train or in the rain...

I like to do all the side quests for the same reasons as @anecorbie -- they give great rewards and some of them are very fun and amusing. My favorites are the ones that are unique to the class or companion promotions.

Why rush through the game? What use are all of the rewards from side quests when you are already max level? You've already trained up your companions, you don't need more nautical (if you've taken care of it along the way) etc.

Get them done early and out of the way, because some of them have to be done in order to get later ones.

You can't recruit several companions if you don't do your side quests.