Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please Fix This....

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
I am discontent with the fact that KI refuses to add back the original champion weapons. The original weapons were much better, and the new ones are insufficient rewards for attaining the rank of champion. Also, adding the weapons back would make more people want to play. Additionally, the outbreak and spring break has led to an undeniably surge in the player base recently, and therefore KI should add back the original weapons so that new players and maxes alike have a strong incentive to keep playing. Its not to late to solve this all KI has to do is simply remove the dark sea set and replace it with the spring weapons Immediately. This would be a very easy and relatively low effort improvement that would more likely than not lead to a massive surge in active players.

A response from Ratbeard or someone else that has the capacity/influence to make this change would be greatly appreciated.

Valdus level 70

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
The hat, robe, and boots are bad for pvp. I have no clue why anyone would use those for pvp. However the weapons they had for the winter season were nice actually, that poison weapon for Buccaneers is the best weapon in the game for Buccaneers. Some would argue the Super Charge is, but it's not. However, I do agree that we need weapons and weapons only, unless they actually bring out decent gear that can be useful in pvp. It's honestly ridiculous as there's no point on doing ranked anymore for something that won't help you at all, not even joking. The hat won't help, as stats are not good in this game. It's all about cards, not statistics.

I'm cool with them never bringing back the fall weapon, as that's the only broken weapon from ranked. Second wind is not broken as it's just a revive basically after it's overtime healing, and the summer flames are fine too. Maybe keep the poison weapon at winter season and add something new in the fall season, that'd be nice. Or maybe add a cool eyepatch where it gives a 5 turn hide or something, that'd be cool too in my opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HopefulXavierKent on Apr 3, 2020 wrote:
The hat, robe, and boots are bad for pvp. I have no clue why anyone would use those for pvp. However the weapons they had for the winter season were nice actually, that poison weapon for Buccaneers is the best weapon in the game for Buccaneers. Some would argue the Super Charge is, but it's not. However, I do agree that we need weapons and weapons only, unless they actually bring out decent gear that can be useful in pvp. It's honestly ridiculous as there's no point on doing ranked anymore for something that won't help you at all, not even joking. The hat won't help, as stats are not good in this game. It's all about cards, not statistics.

I'm cool with them never bringing back the fall weapon, as that's the only broken weapon from ranked. Second wind is not broken as it's just a revive basically after it's overtime healing, and the summer flames are fine too. Maybe keep the poison weapon at winter season and add something new in the fall season, that'd be nice. Or maybe add a cool eyepatch where it gives a 5 turn hide or something, that'd be cool too in my opinion.
I'd rather have a serious boost to my stats ( continued use ) over a single use card. At least these terrible rewards have discouraged boosters, as well as the legit competitors....

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
I agree with you in the sense that it has discouraged boosters, but I don't believe that it is fair for legitimate players be penalized. I believe that it is essential that the game has things such as the fall, summer, winter, and most importantly spring weapons. These weapons are core elements of the pvp scene, (even if they have seen a decline in terms of recent usage) and they still need to be in the game.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
Hello Anecorbie, I know you like your stats more than cards cause I've been lurking in these message boards have seen all of your pvp topics when you were trying to get better at pvp, and I noticed the problem you had was you'd always stick to stats rather than go to cards, but have you ever realized that maybe you were having a tough time winning matches because you were only use stats? People tried to help you back when you were an active pvper, yet you declined all of it, thinking you were right. Even top players were trying to help you and you decided to not listen to them thinking you were right and the TOP PLAYER wasn't and be a little stubborn,which is unfortunate, since not a lot of the top players play anymore.

What I'm trying to say is, if someone is trying to get better at pvp and asks for help here, I'd highly appreciate if you don't suggest them to use stats, because cards are way better than statistics. Why do you think all of the top players use cards, than stats? And it drives me mad since I was hoping you'd become an amazing player, but since you never listened, you never became good, and just stuck to stats, which made you never improve in pvp. And since stats never worked for you, and you never became a good player, why do you still think stats are better? I am not judging you for your opinion since everyone has a right to say their opinion, but using stat gear in Pirate is not good than what it is in Wizard. Why do you think some people even say "resource war" and stuff when it comes to pvp? Because more resources (or powers) are better for you in your match. Just wish you'd see the hint by now
- Loyal Devin Xavier

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HopefulXavierKent on Apr 15, 2020 wrote:
Hello Anecorbie, I know you like your stats more than cards cause I've been lurking in these message boards have seen all of your pvp topics when you were trying to get better at pvp, and I noticed the problem you had was you'd always stick to stats rather than go to cards, but have you ever realized that maybe you were having a tough time winning matches because you were only use stats? People tried to help you back when you were an active pvper, yet you declined all of it, thinking you were right. Even top players were trying to help you and you decided to not listen to them thinking you were right and the TOP PLAYER wasn't and be a little stubborn,which is unfortunate, since not a lot of the top players play anymore.

What I'm trying to say is, if someone is trying to get better at pvp and asks for help here, I'd highly appreciate if you don't suggest them to use stats, because cards are way better than statistics. Why do you think all of the top players use cards, than stats? And it drives me mad since I was hoping you'd become an amazing player, but since you never listened, you never became good, and just stuck to stats, which made you never improve in pvp. And since stats never worked for you, and you never became a good player, why do you still think stats are better? I am not judging you for your opinion since everyone has a right to say their opinion, but using stat gear in Pirate is not good than what it is in Wizard. Why do you think some people even say "resource war" and stuff when it comes to pvp? Because more resources (or powers) are better for you in your match. Just wish you'd see the hint by now
- Loyal Devin Xavier
Ah yes, the continuing argument of stats vs cards. I HAVE tried the cards approach and did WORSE than I did without cards. Therefore their advice didn't work for me, if it doesn't work, I don't use it.

I'll tell you why. When I went with the cards only approach any little hit scored ( I'm talking talent hits ). I NEVER dodged so never got a riposte, my accuracy suffered too, with the result that my first strike never landed.
When I use stat enhancing strategy, I can get FS, dodge, riposte chains. I can wait out & survive, because, after all the companions have used their one single critical hit, then they're basically easy to defeat.
Use a card and it's gone, and you have to depend on the RNG for that card to show, my stats are constantly active

The best of both worlds would be stat enhancing card gear, seen any? I haven't.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
I would like to remind all of you that the discussion at hand is about adding back the ranked pvp weapons, and not arguing over stats vs powers.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HopefulXavierKent on Apr 15, 2020 wrote:

- Loyal Devin Xavier
Also, the opening poster wasn't asking for help or suggestions on being a better competitor; he was asking for the champion weapons to be restored.