Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FOURTH Annual Update the Bundle Tiers Post

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Ah, you probably thought you heard the last of my yearly update the bundle tier complaint posts, but fortunately I won a contest for 5000 crowns, which has once again granted me access to the message boards! Prepare yourselves for the next edition to my increasingly longer posts on the same topic!

For eons, pirates have waited for a simple change to the bundle tiers, beginning all the way back in Jun 23, 2016, when Valencia 2 finally was released to Pirate101, after a rather long wait, I might add, but that’s just a given for Pirate101 these days. In fact, it happened earlier than that, people were worrying that they would get gypped on bundle tiers for items they have been saving in the gift box while it was still in the test realm! On May 30, 2016, the first brave pirate asked if the bundle tiers would be updated (Link to post), and he got the first and evidently only response on the matter from One-Eyed Jack, our former community manager who said

“Unfortunately, we're unable to guarantee that bundle items will be updated to a new level of power with the release of the test realm to the live game. There is no definitive answer at this time, but it is something we'd eventually like to provide.”
They did not eventually provide this

I, being the patient pirate I am, did not get involved in this matter until July 29th 2017, a bit over a year after the release of Valencia 2. When I made a short post kindly asking for the bundle tiers to be updated so I can redeem the items I had been hoarding for over a year (Link to post). Oh, poor innocent pew, thinking it would be that simple.

Fast forward almost a year later, on April 14, 2018, I once against decided to ask for a simple update to the bundles I spent good money on (Link to post). I talked about how at the time, it had been 668 days since Valencia 2 came out and I was still waiting for level 70 bundle gear and ships. Not to mention how I had been keeping my Hoodoo Bundle outfit in the gift box as well since December 2014, about 1,206 days, since in my utmost confidence of Kingsisle, I assumed Valencia 2 would come out soon enough, and I would get updated bundle tiers. Now that’s in May 1st, 2020, Valencia 2 has now been out for 1,408 days, and the bundle tiers are still stuck at level 60. Not to mention that Hoodoo bundle gear has now been in my gift box for 1,954 days. What will come first? The bundle tiers getting updated? Me just giving up and redeeming them at level 60? Or will the game just close before either of those happen? Probably the latter.

Then, on February 7th, 2019 I made yet another update the bundle tiers post (Link to post). For some reason thinking that would be the last one I had to post, apparently not the case. In that edition I decided to bring up the 30 or so Wizard101 bundles and packs had been updated for new levels since 2016 while we had been sitting waiting ever so patiently for Kingsisle to update the mere 4 bundles we have in our game. I thought, “Surely, me bringing up this blatant display of favoritism towards Wizard101 will force Kingsisle to spend 10 minutes updating the bundle tiers so they can say “Hey we care about Pirate101 too.”” But of course, not the case. To be honest I doubt anyone at Kingsisle even noticed it.

Throughout 2019, several more packs got updated for level 130, featuring the Professor’s Hoard, Wysteria Lore, Alphoi’s Hoard, Unicorn’s Hoard, and Decaversary Hoard packs. They also said there would be more updated throughout the year, so there are probably more packs and bundles updated for Wizard101 that I was unable to find. Which bring the score for Wizard101 to at least 35, with this recap of the score of Pirate101:

2016:

2017:

September: Tribal Pack updated for level 70.

2018:

2019:

2020:

Looks like the score is now Wizard: 35+ and Pirate101: 1
Guess we are still lagging a bit behind.

As we get closer and closer to that 4-year milestone of outdated bundles, let us mention what else happened in Wizard101. An entire arc went by for starters, Wizard101’s third arc took 3 full years to complete, meanwhile we’re waiting for a simple bundle tier change for almost four. Let me reiterate that, in the time it is taking for Pirate101 to get new tiers for its 4 bundles. An entire storyline went by in Wizard, featuring new worlds, level caps, and all sorts of things. Also worth noting, in the recent Kingsisle live it was confirmed that a fourth arc is in the works for Wizard. I can now say I have entered the Second Arc of waiting for bundle tiers to be updated

To sum it up, update the bundle tiers, it has been four years, I'd like to redeem my ghost ship from the Hoodoo bundle at level 70 now. Why it takes years for simple changes to be made remains a mystery. It took 2 years for the Spirits of Yuletide companions to be fixed, and we are going on four for bundle tiers. This game takes longer to change things than it takes for its target audience to outgrow it, it’s baffling. Hopefully the bundle tiers get updated so I won’t be making a fifth annual post next year. Because if they aren’t I can guarantee you I will spend money on the game just to spite-post about bundle tiers on the message boards. Well, good luck to the rest of you hoping Kingsisle will do something for Pirate101, and especially good luck to the potted plant they put in charge of the Pirate101 division at Kingsisle after they moved everyone to Wizard.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What can anyone say to this? Well, Ms. Ruben, are you going to address this? Or are you too busy planning the next wonderful bundle/pack/ birthday surprise for W101?
We're tired of being treated like "lesser" customers ( I would use stronger terminology, but I want this post to pass moderation ).
At the VERY least KI could do this ( 10 extra levels ) is that sooo hard? And what about those "Silent Knight" weapons offered during Yuletide & Christmas in July ; they're without stats and can't be stitched. That could be fixed as well.
And the Halloween Galleon plus the Beluga Galleon.
Stop making this post an annual tradition. Jesse wants to use what he paid for!

* Ship*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Must be a rubber plant in charge because everything we say bounces off it.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
anecorbie on May 1, 2020 wrote:
What can anyone say to this? Well, Ms. Ruben, are you going to address this? Or are you too busy planning the next wonderful bundle/pack/ birthday surprise for W101?
We're tired of being treated like "lesser" customers ( I would use stronger terminology, but I want this post to pass moderation ).
At the VERY least KI could do this ( 10 extra levels ) is that sooo hard? And what about those "Silent Knight" weapons offered during Yuletide & Christmas in July ; they're without stats and can't be stitched. That could be fixed as well.
And the Halloween Galleon plus the Beluga Galleon.
Stop making this post an annual tradition. Jesse wants to use what he paid for!

* Ship*
I have no perception about how easy or difficult it is to make content in Pirate101, seeing as I've never seen their workspaces.

That being said... I've modded games like Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, etc - so I have a pretty good idea of *how* item modification can look.

And I can say... it ain't that dang hard. It'd take me 10 seconds to scale an item up to a higher level if I had the data and access (which they would). Pull up an equivalent item - reference that new Nightmare pack's gear since that scales up to 70 - note the stats at that level. Apply that to the bundle gear. If the given abilities aren't appropriate for the new level, pick a new spell - that isn't difficult, as it seems to be done pretty haphazardly on both games anyway (no offense to KI).

It is mind-boggling to me that even something as simple as gear hasn't been updated. A new world or questline? That's one thing. Existing gear that would require nothing but a numbers tweak? Come on.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Orebit on May 6, 2020 wrote:
I have no perception about how easy or difficult it is to make content in Pirate101, seeing as I've never seen their workspaces.

That being said... I've modded games like Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, etc - so I have a pretty good idea of *how* item modification can look.

And I can say... it ain't that dang hard. It'd take me 10 seconds to scale an item up to a higher level if I had the data and access (which they would). Pull up an equivalent item - reference that new Nightmare pack's gear since that scales up to 70 - note the stats at that level. Apply that to the bundle gear. If the given abilities aren't appropriate for the new level, pick a new spell - that isn't difficult, as it seems to be done pretty haphazardly on both games anyway (no offense to KI).

It is mind-boggling to me that even something as simple as gear hasn't been updated. A new world or questline? That's one thing. Existing gear that would require nothing but a numbers tweak? Come on.
It it is as simple as you say, then this has reached whole new levels of crazy. I must insist now on updated ships, gear, and possibly Companions. I've has an Imperial Galleon in my Gift box for literally years. I need this.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2015
Friendly Jesse Pew on May 1, 2020 wrote:
Ah, you probably thought you heard the last of my yearly update the bundle tier complaint posts, but fortunately I won a contest for 5000 crowns, which has once again granted me access to the message boards! Prepare yourselves for the next edition to my increasingly longer posts on the same topic!

For eons, pirates have waited for a simple change to the bundle tiers, beginning all the way back in Jun 23, 2016, when Valencia 2 finally was released to Pirate101, after a rather long wait, I might add, but that’s just a given for Pirate101 these days. In fact, it happened earlier than that, people were worrying that they would get gypped on bundle tiers for items they have been saving in the gift box while it was still in the test realm! On May 30, 2016, the first brave pirate asked if the bundle tiers would be updated (Link to post), and he got the first and evidently only response on the matter from One-Eyed Jack, our former community manager who said

“Unfortunately, we're unable to guarantee that bundle items will be updated to a new level of power with the release of the test realm to the live game. There is no definitive answer at this time, but it is something we'd eventually like to provide.”
They did not eventually provide this

I, being the patient pirate I am, did not get involved in this matter until July 29th 2017, a bit over a year after the release of Valencia 2. When I made a short post kindly asking for the bundle tiers to be updated so I can redeem the items I had been hoarding for over a year (Link to post). Oh, poor innocent pew, thinking it would be that simple.

Fast forward almost a year later, on April 14, 2018, I once against decided to ask for a simple update to the bundles I spent good money on (Link to post). I talked about how at the time, it had been 668 days since Valencia 2 came out and I was still waiting for level 70 bundle gear and ships. Not to mention how I had been keeping my Hoodoo Bundle outfit in the gift box as well since December 2014, about 1,206 days, since in my utmost confidence of Kingsisle, I assumed Valencia 2 would come out soon enough, and I would get updated bundle tiers. Now that’s in May 1st, 2020, Valencia 2 has now been out for 1,408 days, and the bundle tiers are still stuck at level 60. Not to mention that Hoodoo bundle gear has now been in my gift box for 1,954 days. What will come first? The bundle tiers getting updated? Me just giving up and redeeming them at level 60? Or will the game just close before either of those happen? Probably the latter.

Then, on February 7th, 2019 I made yet another update the bundle tiers post (Link to post). For some reason thinking that would be the last one I had to post, apparently not the case. In that edition I decided to bring up the 30 or so Wizard101 bundles and packs had been updated for new levels since 2016 while we had been sitting waiting ever so patiently for Kingsisle to update the mere 4 bundles we have in our game. I thought, “Surely, me bringing up this blatant display of favoritism towards Wizard101 will force Kingsisle to spend 10 minutes updating the bundle tiers so they can say “Hey we care about Pirate101 too.”” But of course, not the case. To be honest I doubt anyone at Kingsisle even noticed it.

Throughout 2019, several more packs got updated for level 130, featuring the Professor’s Hoard, Wysteria Lore, Alphoi’s Hoard, Unicorn’s Hoard, and Decaversary Hoard packs. They also said there would be more updated throughout the year, so there are probably more packs and bundles updated for Wizard101 that I was unable to find. Which bring the score for Wizard101 to at least 35, with this recap of the score of Pirate101:

2016:

2017:

September: Tribal Pack updated for level 70.

2018:

2019:

2020:

Looks like the score is now Wizard: 35+ and Pirate101: 1
Guess we are still lagging a bit behind.

As we get closer and closer to that 4-year milestone of outdated bundles, let us mention what else happened in Wizard101. An entire arc went by for starters, Wizard101’s third arc took 3 full years to complete, meanwhile we’re waiting for a simple bundle tier change for almost four. Let me reiterate that, in the time it is taking for Pirate101 to get new tiers for its 4 bundles. An entire storyline went by in Wizard, featuring new worlds, level caps, and all sorts of things. Also worth noting, in the recent Kingsisle live it was confirmed that a fourth arc is in the works for Wizard. I can now say I have entered the Second Arc of waiting for bundle tiers to be updated

To sum it up, update the bundle tiers, it has been four years, I'd like to redeem my ghost ship from the Hoodoo bundle at level 70 now. Why it takes years for simple changes to be made remains a mystery. It took 2 years for the Spirits of Yuletide companions to be fixed, and we are going on four for bundle tiers. This game takes longer to change things than it takes for its target audience to outgrow it, it’s baffling. Hopefully the bundle tiers get updated so I won’t be making a fifth annual post next year. Because if they aren’t I can guarantee you I will spend money on the game just to spite-post about bundle tiers on the message boards. Well, good luck to the rest of you hoping Kingsisle will do something for Pirate101, and especially good luck to the potted plant they put in charge of the Pirate101 division at Kingsisle after they moved everyone to Wizard.
I can’t believe after all this time they’re still at level 60, Bat Masterson can we get a response on if they’ll be updated, like ever?

Administrator
dragonfighter1p on May 29, 2020 wrote:
I can’t believe after all this time they’re still at level 60, Bat Masterson can we get a response on if they’ll be updated, like ever?
There is no imminent update to these at this time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on May 29, 2020 wrote:
Why do we bother asking? Always bad news. Not one lick of work is being done for P101.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on May 29, 2020 wrote:
There also hasn't been an imminent update to these for the past four years, which seems like more than enough time to roll out a dozen such fixes.