Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

MacOS Big Sur

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2020
Administrator
SirMangolot on Dec 5, 2020 wrote:
Did they ever fix the problem with the new Mac update?
Hi SirMangolot! I'm pinning this post to the top for others that have interested in our progress on Big Sur.

We're still working on it. I hope to get you all another update this week. Thanks for your patience, I know it's been another lengthy wait process.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
Bat Masterson on Dec 7, 2020 wrote:
Hi SirMangolot! I'm pinning this post to the top for others that have interested in our progress on Big Sur.

We're still working on it. I hope to get you all another update this week. Thanks for your patience, I know it's been another lengthy wait process.
What is, exactly, the MacOS problem? I play P101 on Mac but I haven't been on in months, and I haven't heard of the problem.

Ensign
Mar 15, 2020
I've been consistently checking the message boards since I updated my mac at the beginning of december, and we still haven't gotten any updates on the Big Sur issue. Is there any new information? I've been away from Pirate for almost an entire month.

Ensign
May 14, 2011
Ensign
Jun 16, 2020
katiehoge on Dec 25, 2020 wrote:
I've been consistently checking the message boards since I updated my mac at the beginning of december, and we still haven't gotten any updates on the Big Sur issue. Is there any new information? I've been away from Pirate for almost an entire month.
Same here. Bat Materson, any update?

Administrator
Hi all! Thanks for inquiring on where we're at. We are working on a fix, but I have no exact ETA for you, though I hope to provide an update certainly later this month. Our apologies for the vagueness.

Ensign
Sep 25, 2016
Hi! I saw the announcement that Big Sur is now compatible with Wizard101, so does that mean it will be compatible with Pirate101 soon?

Administrator
Anna Dusk on Jan 14, 2021 wrote:
Hi! I saw the announcement that Big Sur is now compatible with Wizard101, so does that mean it will be compatible with Pirate101 soon?
Yes! We are working on that next. More news to follow soon. Thanks Anna for your patience as this extended period of getting an update in place resolves soon.

Ensign
May 02, 2020
Administrator
nickstorm226 on Jan 19, 2021 wrote:
Any updates on pirate101 Big Sur?
Hi nick! Thanks for checking in. We're still working on Pirate101 Big Sur. Our apologies about the delay with recent events adding to our schedule. We'll keep you updated the moment we can move forward!

Ensign
Nov 06, 2017
Bat Masterson on Jan 20, 2021 wrote:
Hi nick! Thanks for checking in. We're still working on Pirate101 Big Sur. Our apologies about the delay with recent events adding to our schedule. We'll keep you updated the moment we can move forward!
Do you know if the big sur update will be in before the #revivepirate101 event (24th of January)?

Ensign
Jun 16, 2020
Hey Bat Masterson, I have a question; I'm sure other players have the same important question. A lot of us have not been able to play for a couple months now due to this update, and I totally understand that it takes time to update a whole game that has several worlds in it. But what happens to the players that have memberships? Does this update (not allowing us to play) take away from our membership time? I ask this, because most of us have purchased the year membership; and the update has taken roughly three months away from our memberships, so is there a membership time reimbursement for the months that we have not been able to play? Thanks in advance. Bat Masterson you're awesome!

Administrator
Unfortunately it won't be in place before the 24th festivities :(.

SirMangaolot, for membership concerns, you are free to end the membership now if you don't wish to wait and you're not using it anyway. You can always restart it back up later. Please contact support if you have any questions here.

Ensign
Nov 06, 2017
Bat Masterson on Jan 22, 2021 wrote:

SirMangaolot, for membership concerns, you are free to end the membership now if you don't wish to wait and you're not using it anyway. You can always restart it back up later. Please contact support if you have any questions here.
Aww, okay. Thank you for the update!

Do you guys have a rough estimate of when the update will be live?
Or is there a way to play the game in the meantime on a past update? (i.e Catalina)

Congrats on the acquisition! Looking forward to seeing what all is to come for pirate and wizard!

Ensign
Nov 22, 2014
Are there any updates for the Big Sur update? I really want to get back into playing Pirate101, but I can't right now. Thank you!

Ensign
Jul 13, 2020
Bat Masterson on Jan 22, 2021 wrote:

It's been two weeks since we last heard from you, do you know approximately when pirate101 will be playable? Will it be around February or will we have to wait longer? Wizard101 recently got patched for Big Sur and me and my friends are eager to get back to Pirate101 as well. Thanks!

Ensign
Nov 22, 2014
nikllamapoo on Feb 9, 2021 wrote:
It's been two weeks since we last heard from you, do you know approximately when pirate101 will be playable? Will it be around February or will we have to wait longer? Wizard101 recently got patched for Big Sur and me and my friends are eager to get back to Pirate101 as well. Thanks!
I agree and I also find it weird that both of these games weren't converted around the same time. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm starting to lose my patience.

Ensign
May 02, 2020
It's been a long time since you gave us a reply on Pirate101 Big Sur. I need to know because my membership is running out and I want to play. Just please give us an update on how things are going.

Administrator
Apologies again. We're experiencing further delays due to the local weather, but will be getting right back to it as soon as the local issues are resolved.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2014
Bat Masterson on Feb 17, 2021 wrote:
Apologies again. We're experiencing further delays due to the local weather, but will be getting right back to it as soon as the local issues are resolved.
But you don't have even the slightest clue as when this might happen though? Like ranging from months because I really want to get back into playing since there will be big updates to the game soon.

Ensign
Jun 03, 2017
Bat Masterson on Feb 17, 2021 wrote:
Do you know if there is a date yet that it will be fixed for Big Sur?

Ensign
May 02, 2020
Ensign
Mar 08, 2021
I've installed Pirate101 but i need to patch it and i can't even open it as it closes as soon it starts verification

help! whats going on?

Ensign
Nov 22, 2014
Okay, I know Pirate101 is like a secondary game to Wizard101, so it's not at your upmost priority, but the fact we haven't heard any kind of updates in almost a month is kind of disappointing and unprofessional. You guys didn't even wait this long to respond when it came to updating Wizard101, so what's the deal with the update?