Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Adding More Ship Parts and Ships in the Crown Shop

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 01, 2019
Hello Everyone,

So I was wondering about the crown shop ships and ship parts. Right now there is a better horn than kraken if you farm pretender and a better wheel than wheel of fate dropped from the same boss ship. Is it better to farm them yes, but I would like to see them in the crowns shop as well for easy accessibility. Right now very few players farm The Pretender ( a boss ship in Calabria Skyway) for the 3.75 damage multiplier horns and the laurel wheel. Kingsisle, I would be more than happy to use my crowns to buy ship parts instead of spending days to weeks farming the same thing. As for ships, the npc ship vendor in Florenza sells the exact stats and level of the level 70 ships bought in the crown shop. If these crown shop ships gave more stats similar to their previous incarnations I'm sure people would buy them, but they dont. You also have Mooshu and Skull Island ships added so it doesnt really make sense when the npc vendor sells ships from most of the worlds we've visited. Please make these crown shop ships have actual value and please do add some ship parts that surpasses their previous incarnates since aquila. Thank you and take care

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Decidue on Feb 4, 2021 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

So I was wondering about the crown shop ships and ship parts. Right now there is a better horn than kraken if you farm pretender and a better wheel than wheel of fate dropped from the same boss ship. Is it better to farm them yes, but I would like to see them in the crowns shop as well for easy accessibility. Right now very few players farm The Pretender ( a boss ship in Calabria Skyway) for the 3.75 damage multiplier horns and the laurel wheel. Kingsisle, I would be more than happy to use my crowns to buy ship parts instead of spending days to weeks farming the same thing. As for ships, the npc ship vendor in Florenza sells the exact stats and level of the level 70 ships bought in the crown shop. If these crown shop ships gave more stats similar to their previous incarnations I'm sure people would buy them, but they dont. You also have Mooshu and Skull Island ships added so it doesnt really make sense when the npc vendor sells ships from most of the worlds we've visited. Please make these crown shop ships have actual value and please do add some ship parts that surpasses their previous incarnates since aquila. Thank you and take care
I'd like to avoid pay to win transactions. As such, I think KingsIsle has it right that stronger items than as found in gameplay should not be offered for purchase, but items of equal or lesser power can be. For instance, I don't mind if ship wheels or sterns can be bought for crowns that are of max level that can be used at lower levels. They really don't imbalance the game, as a little bit stronger in ship gear at the lower levels just isn't that much different, and there are always higher level players floating about.

I do mind if higher level gear, or nearly impossible to get gear, is purchasable as it completely ruins the need to farm for anything. You won't find groups wanting to farm anything if they can simply purchase it. So many people that have left Wizard101 to play Pirate101 have outright commented in Pirate101 that a main reason why they stopped playing Wizard101 was that it felt as though it was becoming a bit too pay to win.