Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dreadnaught fight explodes companions who didn't get hit

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Just lost my Bonnie Anne in dreadnaught last night due to glitch damage. She was perfectly fine and then exploded for no reason, with the explosion causing the loss of over half of her health. Why are companions exploding for no reason?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Feb 26, 2021 wrote:
Just lost my Bonnie Anne in dreadnaught last night due to glitch damage. She was perfectly fine and then exploded for no reason, with the explosion causing the loss of over half of her health. Why are companions exploding for no reason?
Exploding?! What does that look like? Was she near some powder kegs that got caught in an AOE (like her scatterblast)?
Is this repeatable? Does it happen a lot?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Feb 26, 2021 wrote:
Exploding?! What does that look like? Was she near some powder kegs that got caught in an AOE (like her scatterblast)?
Is this repeatable? Does it happen a lot?
Bonnie Anne was hit by Rooke, who mostly missed and then she was in the clear. Then like in Wizard101 and the spell detonate the animation showed a bubble of energy around her that exploded, well over half her health was dealt in damage by a bubble suddenly forming around her that detonated without her being hit.

When I asked those I was playing with about what just happened, they said that bug happens in the Dreadnaught fight.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Mar 1, 2021 wrote:
Bonnie Anne was hit by Rooke, who mostly missed and then she was in the clear. Then like in Wizard101 and the spell detonate the animation showed a bubble of energy around her that exploded, well over half her health was dealt in damage by a bubble suddenly forming around her that detonated without her being hit.

When I asked those I was playing with about what just happened, they said that bug happens in the Dreadnaught fight.
Maybe Rooke didn't miss and it was a delayed animation due to lag?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Mar 2, 2021 wrote:
Maybe Rooke didn't miss and it was a delayed animation due to lag?
That would have been my guess, but he clearly missed repeatedly before switching over to another target, and did not hit at all for a long sequence of misses. When I asked everyone what happened, the response was that it was a bug and happens all the time in the dreadnaught. It was the first time I'd seen anything like that. The animation was just like using the detonate spell to burst a bubble in Wizard101.