Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Technology of the Spiral

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I feel like I've not made a post like this in ages.

While touring Cool Ranch, and ya know, fighting the Armada, I noticed something.
The Armada, in Cool Ranch, Valencia, and even Marleybone often deploy anti-tank obstacles in their battle grids.
Anti-Tank obstacles, also called hedgehogs, are those large four armed metal objects that kinda look like large caltrops.

Given that tanks didn't exist during the age of piracy. The most technologically advanced world we've seen so far, besides Valencia, is Marleybone which does not seem to have reached the level of industrialised warfare that created tanks. I must ask, why does the Armada deploy anti-tank obstacles, who in the spiral has the ability to field tanks, and why are we not trying to ally with them? (or you know, steal their tech)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Feb 26, 2021 wrote:

While touring Cool Ranch, and ya know, fighting the Armada, I noticed something.
The Armada, in Cool Ranch, Valencia, and even Marleybone often deploy anti-tank obstacles in their battle grids.
Anti-Tank obstacles, also called hedgehogs, are those large four armed metal objects that kinda look like large caltrops.

Given that tanks didn't exist during the age of piracy. The most technologically advanced world we've seen so far, besides Valencia, is Marleybone which does not seem to have reached the level of industrialised warfare that created tanks. I must ask, why does the Armada deploy anti-tank obstacles, who in the spiral has the ability to field tanks, and why are we not trying to ally with them? (or you know, steal their tech)
Yet, Marleybone does have Golems, and not just for war, as Gracie has mentioned excavation golems during the "Trojan Mouse" quest. She also recognizes hydraulics and the fact that the Armada doesn't use a pressure compensater. (A major flaw, as we found out.)
It is possible that Marleybone could develop primitive tanks, although as their forces seem more naval than land driven, perhaps they don't feel the need?
Of course it could simply be a case of "This looks nifty, let's up it there." by the KI art department.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
CdeWinter on Feb 26, 2021 wrote:

I mean, you see Tanks all the time in some of the later worlds in Wizard101(Empyrea in particular has multiple variants) so it's not too far fetched to assume the vagabounds that make up the general populace of Pirate101 just hasn't caught up with the tech, while the Armada has. When you're a global evil robot organization, there's no prepared like overprepared.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I feel the Aquilans ought to be technically more advanced than they are; with Daedalus being the greatest inventor.
The Romans did have a kind of clockwork tech, used mostly for toys or trick statues.