Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roadmap for pirates?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2014
Since we have confirmed an upcoming update to Pirate101, what can we assume to see happening?

This is going out mostly for the devs
Can we expect to see a roadmap for pirates? we know that a bug fix will be coming up but what’s after that, when will production begin? when will ideas start to flow in? if you don’t know a roadmap would show when you start working on the updates, when we can expect them, when production starts, when ideas flow in etc. would really love to get more info on what’s going on in the producers office, thanks!

Administrator
FoxyTheKid on Mar 1, 2021 wrote:
Since we have confirmed an upcoming update to Pirate101, what can we assume to see happening?

This is going out mostly for the devs
Can we expect to see a roadmap for pirates? we know that a bug fix will be coming up but what’s after that, when will production begin? when will ideas start to flow in? if you don’t know a roadmap would show when you start working on the updates, when we can expect them, when production starts, when ideas flow in etc. would really love to get more info on what’s going on in the producers office, thanks!
A good question to ask! We don't have a public roadmap yet as we're still working with Gamigo on what's possible in the future. This is a long process even for general game tweaks and updates.

About that, we do hope to start with a bug fix update, so please do let us know what the top ones are of late!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Mar 2, 2021 wrote:
A good question to ask! We don't have a public roadmap yet as we're still working with Gamigo on what's possible in the future. This is a long process even for general game tweaks and updates.

About that, we do hope to start with a bug fix update, so please do let us know what the top ones are of late!
Bugs to fix? I can think of a few.

Ancient Corrupted Foo Lion in the Tower of Moo Manchu will sometimes glitch into an invulnerable state where it cannot be targeted. Its icon doesn't appear on the map while in this state.

When performing attacks, a part of Malik's sprite doesn't move with him, causing it to appear distorted.

Cabin Glitch. I needn't say more. Fix it. Please.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2012

There is a pretty annoying glitch where on the final fight with Deacon in Cool Ranch your character can get stuck in the middle of some barrel props which makes it impossible to get out of.

This forces you to do the whole dungeon and fight again which happened to me. I hope its fixed soon!

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
The Cabin Glitch definitely needs to be fixed.

Also, on a more minor note. The Crab Harpooner in Valencia Part 2 (specifically in Florenza's sewers) sometimes doesn't play his animations when attacking. Specifically, I've seen his Crit animation not play. This is definitely minor, but still worth having on the list if and when you guys have the time to look into it.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Ensign
Apr 28, 2018

There is no doubt that the game is filled with countless bugs and glitches that need to be fixed. But, I just wanted to inform you on something about the infamous "Cabin Glitch" that a majority of the player base is using. The reason as to why people use the glitch is because long dungeons like "The Tower of Moo Manchu" are not worth it. I know countless pirates that have farmed Moo Manchu dozens if not hundreds of times and have yet to even get ONE "imperial" Moo Manchu item. Even the nefarious items are rare. The reason people use the "Cabin glitch" is not because people want to break the game. People use it so they can farm quicker because the drop rates in this game are very poor.

If there is one suggestion that I can make for the future. I would recommend removing a lot of the gear that a lot of these bosses carry so that way people have an actual chance of getting the gear they want. Patch the "Cabin Glitch" so people don't lock out the dreadnaught. BUT make it actually worth grinding by removing some of the pointless gear that is in these dungeons so pirates can feel encouraged to grind. Pirates shouldn't have to use glitches to farm for gear because the drop rates are so poor. I never used the "Cabin Glitch" and don't intend to use it ever. But speaking to a bunch of pirates who do the glitch. It is clear that the reason they do the glitch is so they can farm faster so they can get more gear. Encourage the community by patching all the glitches, bugs and exploits. Up the drop rates of some of rarer items by getting rid of the useless items that no one wants or frankly needs at that point in the game. That'll make the community so much happier and frankly bring a lot of players back because now people would feel like they'd have a chance to get some of the good gear by grinding.

Klaus Edmundson Lv.70
Dead-Eye Edward Devereux Lv.13

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Klaus Edmundson on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
There is no doubt that the game is filled with countless bugs and glitches that need to be fixed. But, I just wanted to inform you on something about the infamous "Cabin Glitch" that a majority of the player base is using. The reason as to why people use the glitch is because long dungeons like "The Tower of Moo Manchu" are not worth it. I know countless pirates that have farmed Moo Manchu dozens if not hundreds of times and have yet to even get ONE "imperial" Moo Manchu item. Even the nefarious items are rare. The reason people use the "Cabin glitch" is not because people want to break the game. People use it so they can farm quicker because the drop rates in this game are very poor.

If there is one suggestion that I can make for the future. I would recommend removing a lot of the gear that a lot of these bosses carry so that way people have an actual chance of getting the gear they want. Patch the "Cabin Glitch" so people don't lock out the dreadnaught. BUT make it actually worth grinding by removing some of the pointless gear that is in these dungeons so pirates can feel encouraged to grind. Pirates shouldn't have to use glitches to farm for gear because the drop rates are so poor. I never used the "Cabin Glitch" and don't intend to use it ever. But speaking to a bunch of pirates who do the glitch. It is clear that the reason they do the glitch is so they can farm faster so they can get more gear. Encourage the community by patching all the glitches, bugs and exploits. Up the drop rates of some of rarer items by getting rid of the useless items that no one wants or frankly needs at that point in the game. That'll make the community so much happier and frankly bring a lot of players back because now people would feel like they'd have a chance to get some of the good gear by grinding.

Klaus Edmundson Lv.70
I logged in just to yar this, well said :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
The hydra glitch for sure!
Is that still a thing? I thought it was fixed 3 years ago!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Klaus Edmundson on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:

Klaus Edmundson Lv.70
Yet much of the "pointless" gear is worth using, many of my pirates are in that so-called pointless gear. If players are just concentrating on the Boss gear and not considering the other gear, they miss out on something good.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Mar 9, 2021 wrote:
Is that still a thing? I thought it was fixed 3 years ago!
To my knowledge, no. It was successfully patched in past updates and I have not heard any complaints about it since. I've even fought it myself and have not experienced problems.

DarkmoorDude, you have nothing to worry about there.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011

I once made a new character and got to the part in Blood Shoals where you help the ghosts of Ratbeard's Crew. For whatever reason, none of them gave me their quests. Fun times!

Ensign
Apr 28, 2018
anecorbie on Mar 9, 2021 wrote:
Yet much of the "pointless" gear is worth using, many of my pirates are in that so-called pointless gear. If players are just concentrating on the Boss gear and not considering the other gear, they miss out on something good.
Player aren't looking for "something good". People want the boss gear for the abilities they give and also in some cases to stitch because a lot of the boss gear looks good. Players shouldn't have to grind a month a half to get the gear they want. Cutting a lot of the gear to only the gear actually worth using would save players tons of time on farming. Also making the dungeons and the boss battles worth it. Doing "The Machine" and "The Tower of Moo Manchu" is already a grind itself. I shouldn't have to do it for two months straight just to get Kane's Mask. Or the extreme case of players grinding Moo Manchu for months and still not getting any of his imperial gear. Which is what the majority of players want. People know there is "good gear" out there. In most cases the boss gear so happens to be better. Which is why players want to farm the dungeon 9 times out of 10. Getting rid of the "Pointless Gear" meaning the gear that nobody would use at that point in the game would save people time and money. Not all gear, just the stuff people don't use.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Klaus Edmundson on Mar 17, 2021 wrote:
Player aren't looking for "something good". People want the boss gear for the abilities they give and also in some cases to stitch because a lot of the boss gear looks good. Players shouldn't have to grind a month a half to get the gear they want. Cutting a lot of the gear to only the gear actually worth using would save players tons of time on farming. Also making the dungeons and the boss battles worth it. Doing "The Machine" and "The Tower of Moo Manchu" is already a grind itself. I shouldn't have to do it for two months straight just to get Kane's Mask. Or the extreme case of players grinding Moo Manchu for months and still not getting any of his imperial gear. Which is what the majority of players want. People know there is "good gear" out there. In most cases the boss gear so happens to be better. Which is why players want to farm the dungeon 9 times out of 10. Getting rid of the "Pointless Gear" meaning the gear that nobody would use at that point in the game would save people time and money. Not all gear, just the stuff people don't use.
And the Boss gear often doesn't include rings, totems or amulets - I still contend that the tables are fine and you will still have a chance to gain what you want.
I have farmed Moo tower, it took me 100 runs plus and I got all the boss gear and some of the other gear is still equipped on my pirates.
It took me 2 years to get Blood's Jacket. It took a friend of mine over a year to get Rooke's Bulwark. Farming is a part of many MMO's.

If anything is changed it ought to be the drop rate (made perhaps a little higher for boss gear?).
There are still new pirates entering the Tower, are you going to deny them a chance of getting good useful gear?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Here's a bug for you Bat! When someone uses an Aquila summons doubloon and a Minotaur shows up & performs his attack the game suddenly speeds up! More than one Minotaur has the chance of making chests time out quicker, even more so if there's dialogue after the battle (I have lost chests due to this bug).

It seems to be connected with Fast Combat, because if there's a player not using Fast Combat, the bug won't trigger.
Also, I've been seeing more of a bug that shows at the end round of battle; chests appear but companions are still in the middle of their battle animations - players are frozen and can't claim chests.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015

Is is possible to get a rough date for when this bug fix update will come out?