Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My biggest regret in P101

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I think this has been made before but I'll share mine:

So when I was younger I bought crowns a lot with allowance money and I bought a TON of companions on my privateer (My first pirate ever). Now, when I saw a lot: I mean a LOT truly. I counted twelve. Now, some of them aren't bad picks, IE: Lucy Sterling, Mustang Sally, ETC, but I have a ton of companions, I don't need so many. However some of them I for sure regret:

Zang Cha was one. Now, Egg Shen is a great companion, but in case you missed it: I'm a Privy, I already HAVE Egg Shen, I don't need Egg Shen two.
The next one I regret is Lost Ranger. He's not a bad companion, just one I don't really see why I'd pick HIM over others.
Nadya is...okay I guess. I never really liked her as a companion or as an idea, she has a rouse spell but I have handsome dan who's basically her but better.
Water Mole Slingman is just a generic Musketeer with nary a special ability nor a promotion. He's not the worst but I never would have picked him nowadays.
Crab hermit is literally one of the worst companions and is infamously bad. End of story.
Same applies to crazy monquistador.

I don't regret my other ones I bought though, those being Lucy, Tiburon, Duck Holiday, Mustang Sally,
Froggo Villa and Scorpius

If this were now, I would've picked Wagyu over Zang. With the remaining 16,475 crowns I would have, I would've chosen Tyson, then Bosun Budd, then saved up for Goronado (Maybe) If not then I would pick Wu Tang.

Any of you have any regrets?

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
darkmoordude on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:

So when I was younger I bought crowns a lot with allowance money and I bought a TON of companions on my privateer (My first pirate ever). Now, when I saw a lot: I mean a LOT truly. I counted twelve. Now, some of them aren't bad picks, IE: Lucy Sterling, Mustang Sally, ETC, but I have a ton of companions, I don't need so many. However some of them I for sure regret:

Zang Cha was one. Now, Egg Shen is a great companion, but in case you missed it: I'm a Privy, I already HAVE Egg Shen, I don't need Egg Shen two.
The next one I regret is Lost Ranger. He's not a bad companion, just one I don't really see why I'd pick HIM over others.
Nadya is...okay I guess. I never really liked her as a companion or as an idea, she has a rouse spell but I have handsome dan who's basically her but better.
Water Mole Slingman is just a generic Musketeer with nary a special ability nor a promotion. He's not the worst but I never would have picked him nowadays.
Crab hermit is literally one of the worst companions and is infamously bad. End of story.

I don't regret my other ones I bought though, those being Lucy, Tiburon, Duck Holiday, Mustang Sally,

If this were now, I would've picked Wagyu over Zang. With the remaining 16,475 crowns I would have, I would've chosen Tyson, then Bosun Budd, then saved up for Goronado (Maybe) If not then I would pick Wu Tang.

Yes lol. Pack openings. Way too many of them.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
chiliman05 on Mar 15, 2021 wrote:
Yes lol. Pack openings. Way too many of them.
I don't regret that too much cause I actually got a companion

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
darkmoordude on Mar 16, 2021 wrote:
I got two! Though, one of my regrets may be buying Goronado on my Musketeer...

His power is great, but he just doesn't synergize well with my team.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Wasn't a while until I got one unfortunately

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
darkmoordude on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:

To be honest, my only regret is buying so many over time when we've barely gotten content to use them on. If they were still giving us worlds, I wouldn't blink an eye at it - but I've got some serious buyer's remorse now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What? I never regret opening a pack, even if my luck is rotten. It's always a nice surprise if you get that companion (or mount)....
Come to think of it, I have no regrets beyond losing contact with some friends who no longer play.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
chiliman05 on Mar 19, 2021 wrote:
Wasn't a while until I got one unfortunately
Mine was from one of my first packs

Ensign
Apr 28, 2019
Oh yes, for sure.

My biggest regret? Losing an account that had 6 bundles and a gathered total of 30k crowns. To this day, remained the biggest tragedy of my childhood

However, I'm back up on my feet again, playing this game again because it's wonderful