Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Recent Acquisition of KI = Pirate101 Resurgence!?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 22, 2009
I played the beta test back in the day and a little bit afterward and absolutely loved Pirate101 then and I love it now! I just came back to the game after about 10 years (maybe like 8-9 years??) of sailing different shores. But the atmosphere, artwork, story telling, classes ,companions (I could go on) always called to me like a distant Siren's Voice. And I finally succumbed to the beautiful melody and dusted off my gear, shook my companions awake, and knocked off the sea salt from my rickety skiff to once again enjoy the majesty and serenity that is the Spiral!

I was a long time Wizard101 fan/player (again haven't played that in maybe like 7 years) and absolutely fell in love with everything that game had to offer. But honestly, I believe the tactics style of play present in Pirate101 is hands down the better game. So why the lack of attention!?

All I have to say is I'm excited about the recent acquisition of KI (good for you KI) and HOPE that this means Pirate101 will get the love and attention it so deserves.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of yum!
Always willing to lend a helping hand to those kind enough and humble enough to accept it on the high seas of the Spiral!

Scurvy Tim Roland!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Tarim on Mar 22, 2021 wrote:
I played the beta test back in the day and a little bit afterward and absolutely loved Pirate101 then and I love it now! I just came back to the game after about 10 years (maybe like 8-9 years??) of sailing different shores. But the atmosphere, artwork, story telling, classes ,companions (I could go on) always called to me like a distant Siren's Voice. And I finally succumbed to the beautiful melody and dusted off my gear, shook my companions awake, and knocked off the sea salt from my rickety skiff to once again enjoy the majesty and serenity that is the Spiral!

I was a long time Wizard101 fan/player (again haven't played that in maybe like 7 years) and absolutely fell in love with everything that game had to offer. But honestly, I believe the tactics style of play present in Pirate101 is hands down the better game. So why the lack of attention!?

All I have to say is I'm excited about the recent acquisition of KI (good for you KI) and HOPE that this means Pirate101 will get the love and attention it so deserves.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of yum!
Always willing to lend a helping hand to those kind enough and humble enough to accept it on the high seas of the Spiral!

Scurvy Tim Roland!
Agreed. In fact, we may be seeing that sometime soon. I've heard that the plan is to first patch several years-old bugs, then slowly expand. I'm hoping to see some good quality updates as well!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I'm just hoping that any work and future work on Pirate101 won't be like what Wizard101 just went through. They took a critical and spell system that everyone loved, and made it into a system where everyone should only focus upon damage and get critical for free (as though anybody with that high of damage would even need criticals). Chatting with the player base quickly reveals that everyone hates the changes, and believes it was done entirely for the pvp crowd at total expense to pve play.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2017
I am also excited about the acquisition of Kingsisle. Pirate101 had lots of unused potential, and still does. With new updates, for example, storyline expansions, new side systems (Like crafting in W101) will be very good and beneficial for the game and it's fanbase.

I believe the next world will be Polaris. There is quite a lot of evidence that there will be Polaris next, and if not next, surely at some point, As most of you would know, there is a stormgate to Polaris in Calabria Skyway. (Valencia Part 2). Also I think that there will be a Valencia Part 3. In Port Regal Skyway, there is a stormgate leading to Valencia. I went to it and it said "STORMGATE TO VALENCIA REQUIRES RED WINDSTONE". This surprised me actually, despite the cinematic of Queen getting back up after you defeat Kane. (Sorry for the spoiler if you haven't yet finished the game)

Something else I do want to see is a world based of Indigenous Australia. Having that would be pretty cool as I am an Australian, and would be something unique for the story line. There could be something like a Marleybonian invasion of the world, and maybe the pirate tries to help stop it, and help the indigenous owners of the land. Or possibly it could be the pirate's next encounter with the Armada. As an alternative for the path of the story, it could be the resurrected Armada (Lead by the Queen) that attack the indigenous people and maybe you could have another epic battle with the queen and her revived soldiers.

Another idea I have is multiple storyline pathways. Maybe it could be multiple options that lead you to different pathways throughout the story. (Of course still ending up with the same final ending of the world). That would be a really cool feature to have in the game. But, I am sure many people would disagree with that, since it wouldn't be like the original game, this is just a wild idea I thought of

TL:DR

I am excited about the Kingsisle acquisition, and am looking forward to the future of Pirate101.
I have 2 ideas, for there to be a world based of Indigenous Australia, and for there to be a multi choice that affects the storyline a bit later in the game, apart from the final ending of the world.

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed hearing about my ideas and hopes for the game.

-Brave Andy Galway

Ensign
Nov 12, 2020
will be a next world or its never coming to pirate101 (polaris)

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
YAY! I am SO excited i thought all hope was lost then I saw this and I was so happy!

Daft 68

Ensign
Feb 18, 2017
Thegirlme20 on Apr 2, 2021 wrote:
will be a next world or its never coming to pirate101 (polaris)
With the new acquisition, I believe Pirate101 will get a new world. At LEAST 1 new storyline expansion update. Maybe not though

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
Hope springs eternal in Pirate hearts, don't it?

Ensign
Apr 28, 2019
Halloween Chick on Apr 7, 2021 wrote:
Hope springs eternal in Pirate hearts, don't it?

That's a really lovely quote