Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ability to Level Up Ships

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 28, 2012
I'm certain that this has been requested numerous times in the past, but I think some sort of system for leveling up an existing ship is a fine idea. Currently, if the level cap were to be raised, you'd need to buy an entirely new ship to hit the cap. However, what if I have a ship that is either no longer available to replace or one I don't want to get rid of yet still want to use?

To solve this I propose giving specific ships their own XP so they can be leveled up by playing the game. This would allow players to grind for ship levels and not have to leave behind any ship they'd like to keep using.

Currently for winning broadside ship fights, you get some nautical XP and gold. With this system though, ship XP should be rewarded for winning a fight, granting XP to any ship that was involved in the fighting. Higher leveled enemy ships would grant more XP while lower leveled ships would grant less. I also propose that a player can not level up their ship beyond what their nautical level is, similar to how you can't level a companion past your character's level.

In the game our ships play a huge role throughout and along the way there have been many people (including myself) who have either obtained ships that can not be purchased in the game or have grown attached to a ship that they don't want to give up. With this system, it would solve that problem as well as give more gameplay, making the game a lot more enjoyable.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AtomikTheory2 on Jun 16, 2021 wrote:
I'm certain that this has been requested numerous times in the past, but I think some sort of system for leveling up an existing ship is a fine idea. Currently, if the level cap were to be raised, you'd need to buy an entirely new ship to hit the cap. However, what if I have a ship that is either no longer available to replace or one I don't want to get rid of yet still want to use?

To solve this I propose giving specific ships their own XP so they can be leveled up by playing the game. This would allow players to grind for ship levels and not have to leave behind any ship they'd like to keep using.

Currently for winning broadside ship fights, you get some nautical XP and gold. With this system though, ship XP should be rewarded for winning a fight, granting XP to any ship that was involved in the fighting. Higher leveled enemy ships would grant more XP while lower leveled ships would grant less. I also propose that a player can not level up their ship beyond what their nautical level is, similar to how you can't level a companion past your character's level.

In the game our ships play a huge role throughout and along the way there have been many people (including myself) who have either obtained ships that can not be purchased in the game or have grown attached to a ship that they don't want to give up. With this system, it would solve that problem as well as give more gameplay, making the game a lot more enjoyable.
Then it would be possible to go through the game with just one ship; even our first raft. However, except in the cases of bundle ships we can pretty well buy any ship we want for gold and it doesn't matter what level you are.
For those rare, out-dated ships, just display them in your Shipyards.
Or you can equip outdated ships with higher level ship equipment, making them viable longer.
Some players would then demand that rare boss gear should level as well.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 17, 2021 wrote:
Then it would be possible to go through the game with just one ship; even our first raft. However, except in the cases of bundle ships we can pretty well buy any ship we want for gold and it doesn't matter what level you are.
For those rare, out-dated ships, just display them in your Shipyards.
Or you can equip outdated ships with higher level ship equipment, making them viable longer.
Some players would then demand that rare boss gear should level as well.
Fair enough I suppose. I just thought it'd be neat to have a way to boost limited ships to a higher level so they can be used, but equipping higher equipment would work too to an extent.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I kind of agree that we should be able to improve a ship's stats, possibly even level it up through game-play.

Perhaps that would allow more variety among the max-level ships, and improve the bundle and Crown Shop ships that haven't been updated in years.

[PICTURE A SHIP ICON HERE]