Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Side Quest - Yak Where I Belong

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 25, 2015
Hello! I am currently doing a play through as a swashbuckler, and I am trying to complete the side quests as I play. I have gotten to this quest where I have the opportunity to unlock a companion, so I would like to complete it, but I have to defeat Samoorai in the Moomori Compound that will not let me move forward. I was a little suspicious because the Quest Helper does not point me in any direction, but I still decided to try to complete it. After about 15-20 fights, 3 hours of no luck, and a movie on Netflix I have had no luck with the quest. I would love to know if the quest is broken and I should move on or if I am just terribly unlucky or whatever it is.

Thank you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lee0323 on Jul 1, 2021 wrote:
Hello! I am currently doing a play through as a swashbuckler, and I am trying to complete the side quests as I play. I have gotten to this quest where I have the opportunity to unlock a companion, so I would like to complete it, but I have to defeat Samoorai in the Moomori Compound that will not let me move forward. I was a little suspicious because the Quest Helper does not point me in any direction, but I still decided to try to complete it. After about 15-20 fights, 3 hours of no luck, and a movie on Netflix I have had no luck with the quest. I would love to know if the quest is broken and I should move on or if I am just terribly unlucky or whatever it is.

Thank you!
I think the quest arrow was supposed to be fixed for this quest? I will give you directions to the spot where you can fight the right Samoorai - as you enter Moomori Compound, turn left at the fork, continue to the next intersection, turn right, go past all the Inoshishi pigs and the samoorai will be there.
The Yakooza Enforcer is worth it!
Good Luck!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Moomori Compound is a pretty wide area, with entrances from both Sujimura Village and Nishi Dock -- the creatures you need to defeat may be on the other side of the Moomori Clanhold cave from where you are fighting them.

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Location:Moomori_Compound

Ensign
Mar 07, 2009
That's really weird. I've done all side quests up to Aquila so I don't know why you would have trouble with it. The quest is certainly completable, I know that for sure.

Ensign
Mar 07, 2009
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've completed this quest many times (over 20, at least) and something has happened to this quest. The directions I gave you haven't worked; I even went to the Moomori Compound from the Valley of the Titans part and it was a no go.
Perhaps you have to complete the main quest of destroying the Moomori wedding before you can do this quest?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have found a work around for this quest; on the way to the Moomori Compound (the wedding dungeon) there is a cave. Enter the cave and fight the first mob of Samoorai, this should trigger the quest dialogue telling you where the Yaks are: nevermind, you're already there.
Go down the path from the waterfall to where the caged yaks are, the quest should now be on track for you.
Hope this works, I'm off to make a bug report!