Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hoof Of Destiny Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 31, 2011
HI KI: Thanks again for the Pirate update. The Hoof of Destiny battles have been fun (will be better when bugs are fixed), although I was wondering if it would be possible to have more keys available to players per day, in that players deplete keys fairly quickly and have to wait at the Team Up site for sometimes extended periods, before joining other players with keys. As opposed to fixed daily key quests, perhaps an unlimited number of keys can be obtained through whatever farming method is running that week. For example, this week we are collecting lead keys. Please consider having players collect as many lead keys as they want so that we can actually play the game, instead of loitering at the Team Up site. This would improve player satisfaction tremendously. Please also check the rare gear drops rates again. I've farmed this weeks boot dungeon close to 50 times and no salty boot has dropped. This is getting the player base salty in ways that were probably not intended by KI. Your consideration of these requests would be greatly appreciated.

Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
microlife12 on Jul 15, 2022 wrote:
HI KI: Thanks again for the Pirate update. The Hoof of Destiny battles have been fun (will be better when bugs are fixed), although I was wondering if it would be possible to have more keys available to players per day, in that players deplete keys fairly quickly and have to wait at the Team Up site for sometimes extended periods, before joining other players with keys. As opposed to fixed daily key quests, perhaps an unlimited number of keys can be obtained through whatever farming method is running that week. For example, this week we are collecting lead keys. Please consider having players collect as many lead keys as they want so that we can actually play the game, instead of loitering at the Team Up site. This would improve player satisfaction tremendously. Please also check the rare gear drops rates again. I've farmed this weeks boot dungeon close to 50 times and no salty boot has dropped. This is getting the player base salty in ways that were probably not intended by KI. Your consideration of these requests would be greatly appreciated.
It's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the update!

While it is new content, the daily events system is designed to accompany any other activity you are doing in the game, not be a primary focus. That's why there is limited access and the loot is so rare. The Destiny battles are for enjoying over a long period of time, not 100% completed within a month.

Thank you for the feedback!

Ensign
Jul 31, 2011
Thanks for getting back to me. While I understand that the new fights are intended to supplement other Pirate activity, for seasoned veterans of the game at level 70 like myself, who have farmed all the gear, there is nothing else to do. Would it be reasonable to consider having more level 70 keys available for this niche of your player base? It would make us very happy. Thanks for your consideration.

Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
microlife12 on Jul 15, 2022 wrote:
Thanks for getting back to me. While I understand that the new fights are intended to supplement other Pirate activity, for seasoned veterans of the game at level 70 like myself, who have farmed all the gear, there is nothing else to do. Would it be reasonable to consider having more level 70 keys available for this niche of your player base? It would make us very happy. Thanks for your consideration.
Seasoned vets like yourself are indeed in a window of this being the only new content. I can see where you're coming from while inside that window. More updates are on the way!

Ensign
Jul 31, 2011
Thank you for the promise for continued updates - much appreciated! In the meantime, however, please consider having more keys available for gameplay in this battle, especially for level 70 pirates who have completed all the quests and farmed for all the gear. There is literally nothing else to do in the game at this time. Player frustration is very high with limited key access. I encourage you to log on during high use times (i.e. early/late evenings, weekends). You will notice lots of congestion at the battle entrance, with many players trolling to gain entrance to the dungeon; they are not happy campers. Given that the Salty gear drop rate is very low, what is the harm in providing players with more keys? You would improve customer satisfaction tremendously. Possibilities to consider: 1.) Give each player 5 extra keys per week (like you did when the glitch was discovered) in addition to being able to farm for daily keys , 2.) Give "bonus" keys to players who complete the Reginald Jowlsley quest a defined (i.e. 5-7) number of days consecutively (i.e.5-10 keys as a bonus), 3.) Provide each player with 3 keys for each daily Reginal Jowlsley quest that they complete (instead of 1). We really want to play the game, not loiter at the battle entrance. Your consideration of this request would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward for future Pirate updates! Kind regard.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I must say that playing the Daily Assignments now for a couple of days on a questing pirate of Level 10, the fact that there is no reward other than one key for completing the quest is disappointing, but sinking ships today gave a whole nautical level as well as 7 pieces of ship equipment, two of which were better than what she had.

I kind of agree that perhaps one key is enough for lower level pirates who still have quests to do, but perhaps higher level pirates SHOULD be given more keys for their doors. The way these assignments are set up, they are certainly able to be done solo - no incentive for the higher level pirates to assist younger pirates with acquiring keys. Perhaps a chance at an additional key for such assistance could be implemented?