Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

About that Hydra.

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Normally I rant in private. But in this case, I want to make my frustration public.

One of my musketeers, Chase Nichols, is trying to reach Valencia 2 to save the Spiral (you are familiar with this ambition, I suspect, if you are reading this thread). In terms of the main quest line, he has reached the Hydra.

On Sunday, he fought the Hydra. But the Ebon Head, once it returned, could not be targeted, nor hit by area attacks… the Bug that has been present for three years now and still has not been fixed.

So he did it again. When the Ebon Head returned, it could not be targeted, nor hit by area attacks.

Earlier this week, he tried a third time. The Ebon head, when it returned, could not be targeted, nor hit by area attacks.

Tonight, he tried again. The Ebon head, when it returned, could not be targeted, nor hit by area attacks.

He left, and went back for his fifth attempt. This time, for variety the Ebon head could not be targeted or hit by area attacks from the very first round.

So, after five attempts, Chase has been unable to complete the quest and advance in the main storyline because of a bug in this quest, which has not been fixed since Aquila was uploaded more than three years ago.

It is a main story quest, not a side quest. It has had this nasty bug for three years and running. KI, with all due respect, you need to fix it or replace the quest.

I love this game, but I am growing tired of beating my head against this wall. I have nine more pirates besides Chase who halted when they hit level 65, who need to do the Hyrda as well in their not-too-distant futures. I am not even going to attempt it given Chase’s experience.

Fix. the. Bug. Or replace it if you cannot fix it.

-Indigo

Administrator
If you're stuck on the hydra quest and cannot advance, please contact Customer Support and have them step you through it. This is a known bug, and because of this, it won't be an issue for them to do so. Please reference this Message Board post when you contact support.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and for the record, I agree with you . . . it needs to be changed. We've put in special code to try and track the root of the problem, and this hasn't helped.

Email: support@pirate101.com
Web: https://www.pirate101.com/CustomerSupport/free_game

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
If you're stuck on the hydra quest and cannot advance, please contact Customer Support and have them step you through it. This is a known bug, and because of this, it won't be an issue for them to do so. Please reference this Message Board post when you contact support.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and for the record, I agree with you . . . it needs to be changed. We've put in special code to try and track the root of the problem, and this hasn't helped.

Talk to a friendly Aquilan priest and have him just give it to you! I mean don't we fight and run around on errands enough?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for the response, Jack. I will probably take one more stab at it before contacting customer support.

It is a shame that this encounter is bugged, since I really enjoy the more unusual scenarios (those that pose interesting tactical problems, like the General Tso's chicken encounter).

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
That mission took me 2 times to do.

The first time it was glitched and I kept telling my friend and she didn't even notice nor was she paying me any attention.

Time was wasted that day.

We did it a second time and it worked.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
When Rogan and his friend Tavia* hit the quest a year or more back, they hit the Bug on the first run-through but it worked correctly the second time.

Finally back from vacation and taking a break from grading research papers, I finally got around to having Chase run through it in attempt #6. He hit the Bug, again. I am going to take Jack's advice and contact customer service.

I have about nine more pirates at level 65, still in Aquila, who will have to do it to go on to Valencia 2.0. I think my rule is going to be three attempts, and if all three are Bugged I will contact customer service for them.

-Indigo

*Tavia supported young Chase in all his thwarted attempts to defeat the Bug, I mean the Hydra.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:

I sent a mail like over 2 weeks ago, well even 2 mails because there were a time you posted there were a problem with mailbox... and yeah, still no reply, and still stuck on that quest :/

Administrator
Silver Angel on Aug 6, 2016 wrote:
I sent a mail like over 2 weeks ago, well even 2 mails because there were a time you posted there were a problem with mailbox... and yeah, still no reply, and still stuck on that quest :/
Did you receive a Customer Support ticket number? Please make sure you check your junk and spam folders and that your email associated with your account is up to date.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I sent in my email to Customer Service on 4 August. Received an acknowledgement (automatic, I think) that CS had received my email.

I have just now received a response:

"Hi,Thanks for your report.

We wanted to gather some additional information so we can research this. If you have not already done so please include the following:

*The date you first noticed this occurring

* A screenshot
Answer Title: How do I take a Screenshot?
Answer Link: http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80

*Any other additional details you think are relevant including the steps to reproduce this issue

Thanks,

Kingsisle Support"

So, they are pretending they have never heard of this bug (the Bug) before! That's pretty funny, actually. I have students like that. To be fair, our university's leadership has administrators like that. I shall have to ponder my response (I promise to keep it civil).

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 6, 2016 wrote:
Did you receive a Customer Support ticket number? Please make sure you check your junk and spam folders and that your email associated with your account is up to date.
Absolutely nothing. And yes I check junk/spam folders. I only have one email, never changed...

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
They bumped Chase past the bug today - thanks, KI.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Aug 6, 2016 wrote:
I sent in my email to Customer Service on 4 August. Received an acknowledgement (automatic, I think) that CS had received my email.

I have just now received a response:

"Hi,Thanks for your report.

We wanted to gather some additional information so we can research this. If you have not already done so please include the following:

*The date you first noticed this occurring

* A screenshot
Answer Title: How do I take a Screenshot?
Answer Link: http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80

*Any other additional details you think are relevant including the steps to reproduce this issue

Thanks,

Kingsisle Support"

So, they are pretending they have never heard of this bug (the Bug) before! That's pretty funny, actually. I have students like that. To be fair, our university's leadership has administrators like that. I shall have to ponder my response (I promise to keep it civil).

-Indigo
Sounds like the standard reply to any bug report - too bad there isn't a file for "The Hydra Bug".
I have only encountered this bug once ( among 2 accounts ).
I wonder if this bug has something to do with what server/realm you're using? The most bugs/glitches I encounter usually happen on Avery realm, when I use a team up I'm usually sent to that realm. When I solo, I'm always on Morgan LaFitte.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Unless I am hanging out in the morphing tent, I rarely go to the Avery realm. When my next pirate reaches the hydra's cave (probably soon) I will try different realms with her. Hopefully she will be luckier than Chase was (I think the Bug might have had a crush on Chase).

From what Customer Support said in their second post, I think they fired off the generic first post w/o reading my email carefully - I think they scanned for a screen capture and auto fired when they did not see one.

But all's well that end's well. Chase is making progress - he just recruited a level 72 unicorn swashbuckler who has promised to assist him.

-Indigo