Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

All package ships/items should level with players

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
Given the cost of packages and the lack of need to ever buy the same package twice for any one character I strongly suggest that any ships and equipment from packages should level up as players level up. This makes perfect sense especially for ships. I don't buy the $29, $39, $49, whatever packages much at all (I did get a couple in the past) mainly because the items they give quickly are made useless whenever I level. I don't want to buy them at lower levels due to that and at max level I know whenever a new area comes out in pirate101 (which is like never) everything I paid hard cash for suddenly becomes obsolete. Given that you can pay gold for whatever type of max level ship type you want, it only makes sense that package bought ships should either auto level up or be able to be leveled up for gold. I'd likely buy more packages if that were true and if the player equipment auto upgraded or at least could be upgraded for gold (a max level player buying such a package spent just as much on it as a low level player, and vice versa).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
spittingsea on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Given the cost of packages and the lack of need to ever buy the same package twice for any one character I strongly suggest that any ships and equipment from packages should level up as players level up. This makes perfect sense especially for ships. I don't buy the $29, $39, $49, whatever packages much at all (I did get a couple in the past) mainly because the items they give quickly are made useless whenever I level. I don't want to buy them at lower levels due to that and at max level I know whenever a new area comes out in pirate101 (which is like never) everything I paid hard cash for suddenly becomes obsolete. Given that you can pay gold for whatever type of max level ship type you want, it only makes sense that package bought ships should either auto level up or be able to be leveled up for gold. I'd likely buy more packages if that were true and if the player equipment auto upgraded or at least could be upgraded for gold (a max level player buying such a package spent just as much on it as a low level player, and vice versa).
There is one thing that levels from these bundles - your bundle companion. You can extend the life of that bundle ship by upgrading it's equipment as well. Gear will be that level you choose but it's trade-able between your pirates.
The only thing that can't be traded or leveled/updated is the ship.
Bundles are still a good purchase for the game.
It would be better if the ship could be trade-able.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
spittingsea on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
The only pack I ever bought (and partially due to the reasons you stated) was the Admiral's bundle, and even then I bought when it was at half price. Handsome Dan is a faithful companion, and (of course) was the only item that leveled up with me as I progressed. I never really used the gear in its original state, meaning I kept the look but stitched it with other gear. If I recall correctly, I chose to claim the level 40 ship (I think) , knowing that when I hit level 70, even the highest level ship would be trumped by the new spiral ships available in Valencia 2. However, the level 40 ship still saved me from having to buy a whole nother ship in Mooshu ,and yet still allowed me to rampage through the skyways with a relative air of confidence until I was able to buy the large Marleybonian galleon. I'd have to agree with Anecorbie in the sense that it would be more helpful if the bundle ships could be trade-able rather than having them level up with your character as you progress. After all, my ship from the bundle is still floating around in the space near my house, when I have a level 45 swashbuckler that could be using it right this second. Instead, my poor, poor swashbuckler has become the target for Amber Hoard ships and other marauders. Sigh.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I do agree that the bundle ships should be tradeable, but I disagree that any ships should level up. Everything that improves the gameplay for the character needs to have a corresponding cost, whether in gold, crowns, scrip or time. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Perhaps if they added a Shipwright in the next world who we would pay with Scrip to upgrade a ship -- so much for so many levels of improvement, for example, less at lower levels and more for the higher levels. It makes sense that Scrip would be the cost, since sinking ships is the primary way to earn Scrip in our travels.

Ensign
Jul 30, 2009
I agree with this idea. One of the main appeals of these bundles are the aesthetics. The gear can be stitched for the appearance so you can have the appearance throughout your journey if you desire and you can even get the highest level gear and then stitch it down to lower gear and work your way up if you really wanted the stats from the gear at max level. Since you can unstitch items you never have to worry about losing the pieces which is awesome. The housing items can be traded to my knowledge so they are always fun as well.

The problem comes in with the ship, it's hard to buy a bundle and love a ship knowing that ship will become obsolete shortly after and you can't really use it throughout your adventure. I would love if you could pay to upgrade your ship so that you could keep the aesthetic you want for whatever theme you are running on your pirate.

A second option which I would LOVE for them to implement would be a ship stitching option. Many people like myself like to maintain a consistent feel to their character as they progress through the story. As an example, on my witchdoctor I would love to have a haunted ship throughout my journey through the spiral, and if I could stitch the appearance of my ship onto other ships that I purchase throughout the game, I could maintain this sense of roleplay and the aesthetic that I enjoy. Honestly I'm very surprised this hasn't been added to the game yet, customization of your ship seems like something a pirate would thrive on since they would want to display a certain image to the people, being able to stitch different parts of the ship would allow for more customization and would make the ship aspects of the game a little more personal and fun.

Sadly as it stands currently I have both the Admiral bundle ship and the Hoodoo bundle ship just sitting in the gift tab since I want them as my max level vessels.