Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is the story actually OVER?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
I'm back at Pirate101 to max my , but I'm slowly losing hope about a storyline expansion. I've been wondering, is there a possibility where they won't bring any more of them, EVER? Because, like, I want to continue with this game after I get my first max. Is a new world confirmed yet? If not so,I think hope is lost now. Please tell me there is still hope.

Stormy Isaac, Level 61

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wiwade on Jul 22, 2019 wrote:
I'm back at Pirate101 to max my , but I'm slowly losing hope about a storyline expansion. I've been wondering, is there a possibility where they won't bring any more of them, EVER? Because, like, I want to continue with this game after I get my first max. Is a new world confirmed yet? If not so,I think hope is lost now. Please tell me there is still hope.

Stormy Isaac, Level 61
Ahoy, Stormy Isaac! No, nothing has been confirmed ( not even hinted at ). However, I'm very hopeful that there's a good chance we'll hear something by P101's birthday in October.
Keep your hopes up, matey!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
There is a storm gate portal in Florenza that supposedly leads to Polaris, and a whole lot of players are expecting Polaris to come out sometime. I don't know how long that portal to Polaris has been in the game though. If it has been there since Florenza came out then the outlook of an expansion is not good.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I believe the story is over. The below was provided by the game producer back in August 2017, but the story was never actually updated since then (even in smaller chunks).

"While we can't immediately offer our players a major story update, we do still want to move the story ahead; so we're going to work on doing it in smaller, bite-sized chunks. The first episode involves our good friend Captain Avery asking for yet more assistance, this time in an Ambassdorial role."

Not being able to produce a bite-size story update in two years is usually not a good sign that a bigger story update is coming.

Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
anecorbie on Jul 23, 2019 wrote:
Ahoy, Stormy Isaac! No, nothing has been confirmed ( not even hinted at ). However, I'm very hopeful that there's a good chance we'll hear something by P101's birthday in October.
Keep your hopes up, matey!
Yeah, I guess losing hope won't help anything. Just... don't EXPECT any news, OK? If they announce something, good for us, but as they say, be prepared for the worst, hope for the best.

Stormy Isaac, Level 63

Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
Takhethis on Jul 24, 2019 wrote:
There is a storm gate portal in Florenza that supposedly leads to Polaris, and a whole lot of players are expecting Polaris to come out sometime. I don't know how long that portal to Polaris has been in the game though. If it has been there since Florenza came out then the outlook of an expansion is not good.
Never got to Valencia Part 2, but as far as I know, the portal has been there since the expansion came out. It might ACTUALLY be over.

Stormy Isaac, Level 63

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Jul 24, 2019 wrote:
I believe the story is over. The below was provided by the game producer back in August 2017, but the story was never actually updated since then (even in smaller chunks).

"While we can't immediately offer our players a major story update, we do still want to move the story ahead; so we're going to work on doing it in smaller, bite-sized chunks. The first episode involves our good friend Captain Avery asking for yet more assistance, this time in an Ambassdorial role."

Not being able to produce a bite-size story update in two years is usually not a good sign that a bigger story update is coming.
We are due another Producer's Letter any time now. Perhaps this question will be addressed?

@Professor Falmea?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Willowydream on Jul 25, 2019 wrote:
We are due another Producer's Letter any time now. Perhaps this question will be addressed?

@Professor Falmea?

lol, you have more faith in their letters than i do, they have always been cryptic and therefore not worth ever reading, my impression is that they give false hope without delivery

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Takhethis on Jul 26, 2019 wrote:
lol, you have more faith in their letters than i do, they have always been cryptic and therefore not worth ever reading, my impression is that they give false hope without delivery
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter/august2018

You would be right, these producer's letters are always cryptic and give us little to no information. Take this recent one for example. Now, if you really tilt your head, you *might* be able to notice that they spend the majority of it talking about new content. You have to *really* squint to be able to figure this out, but if you pay close enough attention, you might even be able to spot the literal screenshots of content that was being planned! Super cryptic! Can't believe anyone was able to pick up on this!

Memes aside, another producer's letter would be quite nice

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Takhethis on Jul 26, 2019 wrote:
I will have to disagree with you here. They work in their own time. And even if they don't hint at anything (which they don't have to do.), the letters are enjoyable.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jul 26, 2019 wrote:
I will have to disagree with you here. They work in their own time. And even if they don't hint at anything (which they don't have to do.), the letters are enjoyable.
Oh, for the good old days when we got "We have something that we're working on, but it's not ready yet."; we don't even get that anymore.

However, this is our year! Captain my captain, believe it!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jul 26, 2019 wrote:
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter/august2018

You would be right, these producer's letters are always cryptic and give us little to no information. Take this recent one for example. Now, if you really tilt your head, you *might* be able to notice that they spend the majority of it talking about new content. You have to *really* squint to be able to figure this out, but if you pay close enough attention, you might even be able to spot the literal screenshots of content that was being planned! Super cryptic! Can't believe anyone was able to pick up on this!

Memes aside, another producer's letter would be quite nice
Speaking of that letter, the below quote was taken from it.

"There's actually quite a bit more coming throughout the rest of the year, but I don't want to let ALL the Firecats out of the bag at once, so stay tuned for more info."

Besides Krampus being introduced that winter.....nothing else was ever released. I wonder what else of this "quite a bit more" was planned, but never actually made this past year?

I do know there are several animations and promotions that were made but never released.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Oran from Urz on Jul 30, 2019 wrote:
Speaking of that letter, the below quote was taken from it.

"There's actually quite a bit more coming throughout the rest of the year, but I don't want to let ALL the Firecats out of the bag at once, so stay tuned for more info."

Besides Krampus being introduced that winter.....nothing else was ever released. I wonder what else of this "quite a bit more" was planned, but never actually made this past year?

I do know there are several animations and promotions that were made but never released.
I believe the "quite a bit more" in this context was referring to the addition of Krampus later in the year, and possibly the new PvP gear.