Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A new pack?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 27, 2010
let's hope for a polaris related pack cuz of the polaris storm gate

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Indigo Ring on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:
"According to Bat Masterson, Pirate101 is much more complicated to code than Wizard101."

Well for one thing the wizzards stand around in a circle, wave their arms a bit, and that's largely that. Pirates run all over the place putting the boot in, while being shot, fried, thumped, folded, slashed, stabbed, bombed and generally abused in return. Pirate is a much more animated game (in both senses of the word).

Then there are our companions, each of which has to have its attack animations designed as well as the reactions to being shot, fried, thumped, folded, slashed... well, you get the idea.

-Indigo
Well, then again, do you know what the results of the simple hand movements are? An over the top, dramatic, well animated spell.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
fearless robert sp... on Nov 16, 2019 wrote:
*Dog pirate critical music intensifies*
My 2nd favorite

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Indigo Ring on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:
"According to Bat Masterson, Pirate101 is much more complicated to code than Wizard101."

Well for one thing the wizzards stand around in a circle, wave their arms a bit, and that's largely that. Pirates run all over the place putting the boot in, while being shot, fried, thumped, folded, slashed, stabbed, bombed and generally abused in return. Pirate is a much more animated game (in both senses of the word).

Then there are our companions, each of which has to have its attack animations designed as well as the reactions to being shot, fried, thumped, folded, slashed... well, you get the idea.

-Indigo
Also there is a lot more content in Wizard101. No one could reasonably argue that there is not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fang593 on Nov 18, 2019 wrote:
Yaaar! And welcome to the message boards, Fang593, and may we get Polaris sometime in the future!

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
A Polaris themed pack would go nicely, but I would only expect one if a Polaris world update is released. Still, any idea is appreciated. The Ashes of the Armada pack had Dragonspyre/Darkmoor/Krokotopia styled weapons and housing items.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
You know, they could've not given us this pack. Would you have been happier if they held onto it for a week or two to smash some bugs? This is the first pack we've had in three years, so why should all of you be complaining? Sure, there's some issues, but it doesn't necessarily render the pack a complete bust. Hopefully, as TheyMayBeBears said, the developers are taking a look at these bugs and fixing them.

But still, if I were a developer on KI, I would be getting a wee bit frustrated hearing the complaints. It's something, something that we haven't had in years. I find it rather ironic that at the beginning of this post, everyone was celebrating it. Now, no one has anything good to say about it at all.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
Foxfire2278 on Nov 4, 2019 wrote:
I wasted 200$ on the duchmens pack and never got a companion left me super mad
I'm sorry about that. With game packs in general, it's a gamble, but from what I've seen, you have a higher chance at getting a companion in this pack than in the Ashes of the Armada pack. You've just hit a stroke of bad luck, which I understand. I had bought several of these packs and got nothing more than housing items, a pet, and a level 70 witchdoctor jacket.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I don't think there is a Polaris storm gate yet, but it would be nice to get a Polaris pack.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
chiliman05 on Nov 19, 2019 wrote:
I don't think there is a Polaris storm gate yet, but it would be nice to get a Polaris pack.
There's one in the calebria skyway in Valencia. It's been there since Valencia 2 came out which is why people have been speculating that Polaris would be the next world we go to if we were to get another new world.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Duck de Death on Nov 19, 2019 wrote:
You know, they could've not given us this pack. Would you have been happier if they held onto it for a week or two to smash some bugs? This is the first pack we've had in three years, so why should all of you be complaining? Sure, there's some issues, but it doesn't necessarily render the pack a complete bust. Hopefully, as TheyMayBeBears said, the developers are taking a look at these bugs and fixing them.

But still, if I were a developer on KI, I would be getting a wee bit frustrated hearing the complaints. It's something, something that we haven't had in years. I find it rather ironic that at the beginning of this post, everyone was celebrating it. Now, no one has anything good to say about it at all.
Yes, I would honestly have been happier if they had waited a week or two for them to smash the bugs. I'm fine with them holding out on anything (for a reasonable amount of time, mind you) as long as it yields good content. Also no one had anything good about it because we waited three years for it and the pack was pretty bad when it finally came.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
AntonioXavier1773 on Nov 19, 2019 wrote:
There's one in the calebria skyway in Valencia. It's been there since Valencia 2 came out which is why people have been speculating that Polaris would be the next world we go to if we were to get another new world.
I didn't notice it, but still it has been a while since the Polaris storm gate has been released. There is even a full world of Polaris just sitting in the code of the game, that for some reason they have held for over two years.