Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is anyone out there?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 23, 2016
I started Pirates a few years ago when I had gotten my Wizard to Dragonspyre and was waiting for my children to catch up so we could work on Malistaire together.

Pirates impressed the heck out of me. I prefer the graphics, the game play, and the combat of P101 over W101.

I stopped playing P101 once my kids had progressed to Dragonspyre and went back to W101 leaving my poor pirate in Mooshu.

I'm back. I've maxed out my Wizard. Still do the daily quests in Wizards but do not want to relive the grind of questing on a second wizard.

Since I've been back, I've noticed the Skyways are pretty empty. There still isn't any side activities to speak of and I'm wondering if anyone is left pirating.

Cunning Charles Xavier

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Area51Alien on Jul 8, 2020 wrote:
I started Pirates a few years ago when I had gotten my Wizard to Dragonspyre and was waiting for my children to catch up so we could work on Malistaire together.

Pirates impressed the heck out of me. I prefer the graphics, the game play, and the combat of P101 over W101.

I stopped playing P101 once my kids had progressed to Dragonspyre and went back to W101 leaving my poor pirate in Mooshu.

I'm back. I've maxed out my Wizard. Still do the daily quests in Wizards but do not want to relive the grind of questing on a second wizard.

Since I've been back, I've noticed the Skyways are pretty empty. There still isn't any side activities to speak of and I'm wondering if anyone is left pirating.

Cunning Charles Xavier
I remember you! I saw you on the Wizard message boards months ago!

Unfortunately, you're right. there are hardly any Pirates left now. Most of us have left... and I'm just beginning to as well. But if you, as a returning player, need any questions answered, I am still willing to answer them.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Area51Alien on Jul 8, 2020 wrote:

Cunning Charles Xavier
Ahoy there! Some of us are still sailing the skyways. I canceled my memberships and am now slowing purchasing areas on my main account, so I bounce from character to character depending on where I feel like playing, and my pirates are scattered throughout the Spiral. I try to do the Ambassador's quests on the Party Barge on at least my main pirate, and the mid and low level pirates if I have time.

I tend not to play in Avery realm unless I'm looking for someone to help. I try to do "Ahoy the Skyway" as I sail along, looking for anyone needing ships sunk.

There is no sense of urgency in Pirate101, since the faster you accomplish questing goals, the faster you get to THE END.

Many players haven't found reason to purchase Crowns lately, either, so they may still be playing and just are not able to post on the main message boards. I'm regularly on Pirate101 Central, so if you need help with anything, send me a message over there.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
There's still some players left in the game (nowhere near Wizard101), mostly in the PvP scene though.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I am a long time player who recently purchased Crowns to max my Witchdoctor. I just got my Mooshu skiff and am excited to be moving on from Cool Ranch into a new skyway. I agree, there are significantly less players than there were a few years ago. I still do see some people though, there was a group of us (I didn't know any of them) who happened to be on the same quest in the main story line. We fought together through a few dungeons. During Cool Ranch (the past 1.5 weeks for me), I usually had someone come assist me while sinking ships and doing collect quests. Different players would appear out of the blue and start blasting away with me at Banditoads, Ghost ships, and the Wild Bunch ships. I don't know if this is because Cool Ranch is such a long and large chapter that there were more people working within in it or what. I look forward to seeing you out on the skyways!

Cruel Hope

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
A good amount of the fan base has died out in the recent year, it hasn’t been easier since Anecorbie left, but Willowy came back so that’s good.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
We still have a good community in my opinion. It's definitely not as toxic as wiz which is good. I honestly don't really mind about the lack of updates, I'm still dropping cash on the game and I enjoy doing so. If the game is up for another three years, I'll be really happy with KI for letting it stay up. If they won't give us new content, they can at least let me enjoy my game I've always loved before I head off to college and start my life. That's the least they could do, in my opinion.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
HopefulXavierKent on Jul 21, 2020 wrote:
We still have a good community in my opinion. It's definitely not as toxic as wiz which is good. I honestly don't really mind about the lack of updates, I'm still dropping cash on the game and I enjoy doing so. If the game is up for another three years, I'll be really happy with KI for letting it stay up. If they won't give us new content, they can at least let me enjoy my game I've always loved before I head off to college and start my life. That's the least they could do, in my opinion.
Well put -- there are still adventures to be had, sailing the skyways. Glad to hear you're still pirating!