Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what ship should i use in port regal?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 28, 2013
I'm a level 35 buccaneer and I picked the game back up recently after not playing for years. I've done all the side quests up to the Port Regal area and now that I'm there, I feel like the difficulty of broadside combat has been ramped up a lot. My current strategy is to just let the ships take me down to half and beat them once they board, and while it is working, I'd prefer if I didn't have to do it that way. I'm still using my Monquistan ship but I was wondering if I should have gotten a Bison one from Cool Ranch.

I'm not saying that the area is too hard, I think I'm just going about it the wrong way. I could keep doing what I'm doing but I would like to know if there's a smarter way.

Amber

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
seahorse4 on Jul 29, 2020 wrote:
I'm a level 35 buccaneer and I picked the game back up recently after not playing for years. I've done all the side quests up to the Port Regal area and now that I'm there, I feel like the difficulty of broadside combat has been ramped up a lot. My current strategy is to just let the ships take me down to half and beat them once they board, and while it is working, I'd prefer if I didn't have to do it that way. I'm still using my Monquistan ship but I was wondering if I should have gotten a Bison one from Cool Ranch.

I'm not saying that the area is too hard, I think I'm just going about it the wrong way. I could keep doing what I'm doing but I would like to know if there's a smarter way.

Amber
You can buy a Level 24 Royal Navy ship right there in Port Regal -- look on the docks for Stuart Rolls. It's slightly better than your Monquistan skiff.

I don't know what your nautical level is, but if it's halfway decent, you should be able to survive and sink the enemy ships. Be sure that you are using proper nautical battle techniques, such as finding the outlier enemy ships so that you don't get swarmed by multiple enemies at once. If your powers don't need you to be within red targeting range, stay in the orange, and keep your own ship placed near the back of the enemy. You can circle while sinking. Remember your yum potion will heal your ship in an emergency to avoid getting boarded.

There is a wandering boss ship near the Mooshu stormgate - The Royal Sovereign, which drops good ship equipment. I find it fairly easy to get this ship alone if you try, just keep changing realms and it should respawn in that same area.

Good Luck!

[ship icon, please!!!!]

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Amber
You can keep using your Monquistan ship if you like. You don't have to have the Bison ship. If you're high enough level, you can also buy the Royal Navy skiff in Port Regal.

You should buy the best ship equipment you can afford to facilitate things, whether you chose to get the Royal Navy ship or you prefer to stick with your Monquistan ship. Hit the bazaar with whichever ship you're using equipped and compare what is available with what you've already got. Better armor, better sail, decent cannon and you're good to go until you can get a MooShu ship if that's what you prefer.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Amber
I’m sure others have already responded, but you can actually purchase a Royal Navy Skiff from Stuart Rolls on the Port Regal Docks. If you keep your nautical level close to your combat level and purchase high-end gear from the bazaar you can make that ship last through the rest of Cool Ranch.

Ensign
Jul 28, 2013
Thank you for the responses
I almost never check docks for vendors and didn't even know you could buy Royal Navy ships
If anyone is ever in the Raven Eyes realm around the starting area for MuShu, that's where I'll be (for now anyway)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
seahorse4 on Aug 3, 2020 wrote:
Thank you for the responses
I almost never check docks for vendors and didn't even know you could buy Royal Navy ships
If anyone is ever in the Raven Eyes realm around the starting area for MuShu, that's where I'll be (for now anyway)
I have to admit I don't usually choose Raven Eyes realm. I tend to stay somewhere on the first page of the list, but if you ever do need help, just let us know.

[still no ship image even after years of asking...]