Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Just a thought

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
I’ve heard of ideas about putting ads in the game so that we wouldn’t have to pay so much for membership, and for the most part it was pretty heavily rebuked. Why not just put some ads in the P101 homepage and keep memberships? Sure it wouldn’t probably make as much $ as putting them in the game would, but it might help funding for the game a little bit.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
I have an even more fantastic idea! Kingsisle should use actual advertisements on actual television and youtube (and all the places) to get more people playing this game. Crazy thought, I know. I just revolutionized Kingsisle's marketing for this game. Someone should hire me. Maybe I'll go get a business degree and apply.

...Sorry. Had to throw the jab at our marketing overlords. After all, they neither read this forum nor care how I feel about them.

So, getting on topic:

I honestly think the membership price is fine - it was fair while we were getting what we payed for. But if we're at the point where we're talking about reducing the price, I'd suggest just treating Pirate101 like a singleplayer game. Give us a one-time price to own the game and play all we want, until the servers sink.

I definitely protest the idea of Kingsisle putting actual ads into the website (or game). They'd either be for their apps (do you guys not have phones!?) or from other companies. I can imagine it would get annoying quickly. Can you imagine trying to sell people on another of your products after driving their favorite game into an early grave?

Still, there are no bad ideas! Anything that can keep this game afloat gets an endorsement from this poster, reluctantly or not.

- Fearless Charles, Level 70 Privateer

Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
destinyxarrives on Aug 19, 2020 wrote:
I’ve heard of ideas about putting ads in the game so that we wouldn’t have to pay so much for membership, and for the most part it was pretty heavily rebuked. Why not just put some ads in the P101 homepage and keep memberships? Sure it wouldn’t probably make as much $ as putting them in the game would, but it might help funding for the game a little bit.
That would work if there were companies that would pay KI to put the ads there. However I doubt that there are any companies that would do that because there are no people getting onto this website.

Kingsisle is at a point where they have barely anybody spending money on pirate101, therefore it is not worth investing any more time or effort into the game. That is why we are not receiving a "significant update" this year as Bat Masterson said. He says he reads every single post so they are obviously well aware of the situation and have probably thought up all kinds of ideas to try to solve the problem. The idea gets shot up to the boss and denied every time. Nothing Bat Masterson can do, nothing we can do.

The truth and reality is that without future investment into the game, it will remain just the same as its been for many years. I am not hoping nor expecting any change soon, I swoop by every couple of weeks to check posts on here but but that's it. A lot of other people that used to post on here have given up and left the scene.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
Orebit on Aug 19, 2020 wrote:
I have an even more fantastic idea! Kingsisle should use actual advertisements on actual television and youtube (and all the places) to get more people playing this game. Crazy thought, I know. I just revolutionized Kingsisle's marketing for this game. Someone should hire me. Maybe I'll go get a business degree and apply.

...Sorry. Had to throw the jab at our marketing overlords. After all, they neither read this forum nor care how I feel about them.

So, getting on topic:

I honestly think the membership price is fine - it was fair while we were getting what we payed for. But if we're at the point where we're talking about reducing the price, I'd suggest just treating Pirate101 like a singleplayer game. Give us a one-time price to own the game and play all we want, until the servers sink.

I definitely protest the idea of Kingsisle putting actual ads into the website (or game). They'd either be for their apps (do you guys not have phones!?) or from other companies. I can imagine it would get annoying quickly. Can you imagine trying to sell people on another of your products after driving their favorite game into an early grave?

Still, there are no bad ideas! Anything that can keep this game afloat gets an endorsement from this poster, reluctantly or not.

- Fearless Charles, Level 70 Privateer
Agreed. I am not concerned with lowering the price of memberships, I am concerned with the game being funded for future content (any at all at this point)