Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An Update on Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My higher-level pirates often help their younger colleagues, usually while whistling innocently.

I like the Blood Shoals additions quite a lot, but maybe when KI next does an update, the XP could be tapped down a little.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 22, 2020 wrote:
Since we've been told that no new world is coming, I agree that current content needs expanding (like maybe spectating) and balancing in Ranked PVP is needed. (At this time, it's most likely where this game is getting money.)
Maybe some new pet content as well...
Yeah and not just ranked normal spar pvp has some pretty imbalanced stuff also. Spectating would be great for me and some other content creators like fearsome rubber ducky who like to do tournaments. Being able to spectate matches to stream and whatnot would be awesome

Ensign
May 18, 2014
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Well... are there any new updates planned for THIS year?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
hatter999: " would ask about the conflicting tones of the game, while something like cool ranch is fine in its own regard as a western world, it just struck me as.......very out of place in a pirate themed game..."

I agree. If there are future expansions, my preference would be for settings more nautical in nature. More classic pirate-themed adventures would be just fine with me.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bloody Belle on Apr 30, 2021 wrote:
We've been told that there will be a bug fix, but when this will happen is unclear. Nothing else has been said about a game update.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bloody Belle on Apr 30, 2021 wrote:
There is. Kingsisle is planning a bug fix update for this year. However, there's no clear date on when this will come out.

...Speaking of which, Kingsisle, is it possible to get a rough date for your next update?

Administrator
Lookit Light on May 3, 2021 wrote:
There is. Kingsisle is planning a bug fix update for this year. However, there's no clear date on when this will come out.

...Speaking of which, Kingsisle, is it possible to get a rough date for your next update?
We don't have a date yet to announce as we're still working out the details of what is urgent on needing a fix, etc.

With that in mind, a Top 10 list from you all, collectively, would be a huge help here!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on May 4, 2021 wrote:
We don't have a date yet to announce as we're still working out the details of what is urgent on needing a fix, etc.

With that in mind, a Top 10 list from you all, collectively, would be a huge help here!
1. cabin glitch
2. Seed-up Minotaur ( Aquilan doubloon summons) glitch.
3. The "double" fights encountered in "Due Unto Others" & the Ricky Ticky Tabby fight from our Presideo companion's level 67 promotion.
4. Dungeons that are completed, yet still show the warning about leaving a dungeon unfinished. The Machine, The Ophidian Palace & Crypts are examples. (These are especially annoying to those who want to get the Team-up badges as this makes it not count.)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

Really, There's like 6 years worth of various bug reports/posts on these message boards, yet you're still asking us to make more bug related posts? What's wrong with actually reading through the message boards?

Point is, we're not being paid to do KI's job here.

Ensign
Apr 08, 2018

I think a rather important fix is one that's been around for a while in the crown shop. When browsing the crown shop for a new companion, the game doesn't always recognize that you already own the companion. If you don't realise that you already own the companion, the crown shop will just take your crowns infinitely with nothing in return. Currently the only way to resolve the issue is through KI support. I really enjoy the game but I also value other's time lol both the player and the support team, fixing the bug helps both sides

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5. Nasty echoing audio effect with musketeers using bombs while in Fast Combat mode.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
6. When a team mate (musketeer) places a barricade, I'm unable to "Jump" it. It either blocks my progress or makes me run around the obstacle.This is in PVE. If this is a glitch, I would like it fixed. (Yes, I'm aware I can't jump barricades in PVP.)

I believe I should be able to jump any obstacle, regardless of who placed it in PVE situations.
Post Edit: The Earth Guardian's barrier has the same effect.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on May 4, 2021 wrote:
Really, There's like 6 years worth of various bug reports/posts on these message boards, yet you're still asking us to make more bug related posts? What's wrong with actually reading through the message boards?

Oh, Scarlet, we know they can't be bothered to read those, those reports got "filed" in the trash bin. We're finally able to nag KI, so let's just do it!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
CdeWinter on May 4, 2021 wrote:

I agree. The lists have been made time and again.

WHY are they not already on someone's to-do board?

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020

Bucks Blitzers is a unique item dropped by Buck Bronco in both fights (dusty arroyo cave and old jailhouse.)
There's a visual glitch with them where you fire normally, but the electricity the revolvers are supposed to make jumps from your feet, making it look weird. These weapons have been visually bugged since launch and it would be nice to finally see it fixed, since it's one of the best looking set of revolvers in the game.

Ensign
Nov 06, 2012

Recently when fighting in the Dreadnaught, only 3 enemies appeared even with a full team. My friend said it happens to her most of the time she attempts the dungeon lately.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on May 5, 2021 wrote:
Oh, Scarlet, we know they can't be bothered to read those, those reports got "filed" in the trash bin. We're finally able to nag KI, so let's just do it!
While I stay cautiously, very cautiously, optimistic about the future of P101.
This still just feels like the same old distraction fluff KI has been giving us since regular story updates stopped.
I'm just really hoping that this doesn't turn into the current version of "We working on a way to update the game".
In other words, KI just talking to placate the player base, but with out actually doing anything beyond talking.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on May 6, 2021 wrote:
This still just feels like the same old distraction fluff KI has been giving us since regular story updates stopped.
I'm just really hoping that this doesn't turn into the current version of "We working on a way to update the game".
In other words, KI just talking to placate the player base, but with out actually doing anything beyond talking.
Unfortunate that you could post this comment and many players here would agree with you instead of jumping to KI's defense!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
CdeWinter on May 6, 2021 wrote:
Frankly that same cautious optimism is why I still check in occasionally (and the desire to respond here made me drop a little cash for the ability). I really, really want to see P101 continue, but the longer KI goes without actually taking action on their words, the less I believe it's actually going to happen.

And I do appreciate that they let us express these negative feelings about how the game has been handled in the past few years. It means they're aware, but the fact that so many threads have stacked up about it leads me to wonder how much they actually care.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on May 7, 2021 wrote:
Unfortunate that you could post this comment and many players here would agree with you instead of jumping to KI's defense!

It is unfortunate. I'd have a wee bit more faith in KI if they at least did something, like make even a few small QOL updates instead of just talking. Take for example the Cabin Glitch. The cabin glitch has been known for years, it's been reported for years. KI updated their terms of use, making exploitation of the cabin glitch an offence worthy of banishment. There are numerous requests from the player base to fix the cabin glitch, there's an increasingly long discussion about fixing the cabin glitch that Bat Masterson has even chimed in on.

You'd think, that maybe KI would easily decide on their own to fix the cabin glitch. But, instead they ask us to compile a list of priority glitches, while mentioning that the cabin glitch is one that they are looking into working on.

Again, I'd have a bit more faith in KI doing what they saying...if say, they just went ahead and actually did something.

Come on KI, step up, and just fix something, like the cabin glitch, or even just spelling mistakes. Ya know, I'd be happy with Canadian/UK spellings finally being added to the text chat.

Administrator
Thanks all, we're taking a look at all these issues!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on May 11, 2021 wrote:
Thanks all, we're taking a look at all these issues!
Instead of "taking a look at", it would be nice if you could confirm that KI was actually doing something!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on May 10, 2021 wrote:
It is unfortunate. I'd have a wee bit more faith in KI if they at least did something, like make even a few small QOL updates instead of just talking. Take for example the Cabin Glitch. The cabin glitch has been known for years, it's been reported for years. KI updated their terms of use, making exploitation of the cabin glitch an offence worthy of banishment. There are numerous requests from the player base to fix the cabin glitch, there's an increasingly long discussion about fixing the cabin glitch that Bat Masterson has even chimed in on.

You'd think, that maybe KI would easily decide on their own to fix the cabin glitch. But, instead they ask us to compile a list of priority glitches, while mentioning that the cabin glitch is one that they are looking into working on.

Again, I'd have a bit more faith in KI doing what they saying...if say, they just went ahead and actually did something.

Come on KI, step up, and just fix something, like the cabin glitch, or even just spelling mistakes. Ya know, I'd be happy with Canadian/UK spellings finally being added to the text chat.
I fully support your wish for those spelling changes, it must be a hassle to try to remember U.S. spelling as well as your native tongue! I know I would sometimes be at a loss as to whether to add that "u" in honour or colour, for example.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2009
I don't know whether or not this has been said, but I'll put it out there just in case. When using the Mark of Mooshu doubloons, both level 35 and level 45, you have a chance at summoning 9 Ninja Pig Warriors, 5 Ninja Pig Commanders, or 1 Ninja Pig Clanlord. When it's the Warriors, often times they will visually glitch and their animations will be out of sync with damage dealt. This sometimes happens with the Commanders and Clanlord as well, and occasionally they will "kill with a look", that is, they will face their enemy and deal damage with no visible animation. This glitch has been around for years now, and it really bugs me. If you could fix this, it would be great!