Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What side activities do you want to see come to Pirate101?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 21, 2016
Lets face it, we all know Wizard101 has many side activities such as gardening, crafting, fishing, monstrology, etc, but with Gamigo recently getting involved with KI you can guarantee a wave of new and additional Devs to be a part of the dedicated developing team for Pirate101. If Pirate is on course to be updated with various content updates a year, that means there's a lot of catching up to do. I think it would be really cool if their first update added in essential side activities the community has been asking for to keep us updated before the release of the new book. If any developer see's this post, just know you're sitting on a gold mine of a game and that with proper communication, dedication and regular content updates, you'll see just how successful Pirate101 has the potential to be. No Mans Sky, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, All examples of games that had immense comebacks. Pirate101 can come back bigger and better than ever if given the right focus and direction. But yeah, if you've made it this far into reading this post, do you agree with having multiple side activities being added to game before a new major book update, and which activities would you like to see the Devs add in? Can be new or existing.

PS: First message board post Looking forward to reading some replies.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
VinRPWorld on Feb 10, 2021 wrote:
Lets face it, we all know Wizard101 has many side activities such as gardening, crafting, fishing, monstrology, etc, but with Gamigo recently getting involved with KI you can guarantee a wave of new and additional Devs to be a part of the dedicated developing team for Pirate101. If Pirate is on course to be updated with various content updates a year, that means there's a lot of catching up to do. I think it would be really cool if their first update added in essential side activities the community has been asking for to keep us updated before the release of the new book. If any developer see's this post, just know you're sitting on a gold mine of a game and that with proper communication, dedication and regular content updates, you'll see just how successful Pirate101 has the potential to be. No Mans Sky, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, All examples of games that had immense comebacks. Pirate101 can come back bigger and better than ever if given the right focus and direction. But yeah, if you've made it this far into reading this post, do you agree with having multiple side activities being added to game before a new major book update, and which activities would you like to see the Devs add in? Can be new or existing.

Hello, and welcome to the message boards! Glad to see new players coming on here.

I absolutely agree with an expansion of side activities! It would be a great way to keep playing when you want a break from (or ave done) the storyline. I have a few ideas:

1: An expansion to the existing Nautical PvP arena. Currently, this arena is little more then a bunch of ships floating around and firing in an unexciting way. I would love to see it branch out into a variety of minigames and different stages. (I have a post on here from about a year back discussing some thoughts that could be used.)

2: Fishing. Given that we sail the Skyways and go to all sorts of different places, this wouldn't be so far-fetched. What would be really exciting is if this fishing used a different mechanic that the one that already exists in Wizard101, to make it distinct.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011

Hello and welcome! I haven't been on the message boards for a while but I'm happy to be back.

As for activites, I'd love crafting. Imagine all the things we could craft, like ships, ship parts, gear and furniture. Maybe you could impliment crafting into certain companion upgrades.

Reagents could be hunted in the skyways and worlds, plus dropped from battle and naval combat.

~Loyal Evelyn Everhart

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Welcome to the message boards, an excellent first post!
I have repeatedly asked for side content such as crafting, fishing & gardening, but I would also like to add some Quality of Life additions like our own "Magic Mirror" or the ability to change side quest companion's names.
Adding to our companion tasks if we get crafting, fishing & gardening would be great, too!

Ensign
May 07, 2010
welcome to the boards! i think this might be my first post too

i completely agree that this game should get new side features before a story update. fix and augment the core before adding to it, so that any expansions build off a stronger base game!

some new side features i really want to see are:

crafting (could be more flexible than wiz)
photomancy
fishing (imagine fishing from your ship in a skyway!!)
housing features like advanced move, pirate's version of "castle magic," housing tours, music players, etc.

obviously, i wouldnt want a straight copy of these features from wiz -- i want to see the devs rebuild them better and make them pirate-branded to maintain this game's unique identity. some features like fishing and crafting also have a lot of flaws in wiz and thus a lot of room for improvement, so i think pirate is the perfect opportunity for this to happen.

besides that, theres tons more quality-of-life and game rebalancing updates i hope to see too. these technically arent additions, but some current side systems that i think really need revamps are:

ships & ship combat (by far the weakest part of the game)
pet training

after the acquisition news, im super excited to see whats to come -- i really love this game and still get so sad thinking about how much time was lost. how far we couldve gone...

anyway, thanks for bringing up this topic and letting us share our ideas, i too love to see what everyone has to say

Ensign
Apr 04, 2020
I'd love to see a crafting system implemented as well as unique, crafting only, weapons and gear.

Another thing I'd love to see is some sort of "raid boss" - like system. If you choose to do it, you and 3 other pirates fight each other and a really strong boss for a chance at some loot. Whoever blows the final hit on the boss gets the "best" loot, but no one leaves empty handed.

Most importantly, though. I want more story content. Side content can come later.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I have no clue how crafting works in Wiz, but what I'd like to see is like stitching but for ability cards. So you could basically get any 3 abilities on a single item, for the right price of course :)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Zleraa on Feb 13, 2021 wrote:
I'd love to see a crafting system implemented as well as unique, crafting only, weapons and gear.

Another thing I'd love to see is some sort of "raid boss" - like system. If you choose to do it, you and 3 other pirates fight each other and a really strong boss for a chance at some loot. Whoever blows the final hit on the boss gets the "best" loot, but no one leaves empty handed.

Most importantly, though. I want more story content. Side content can come later.
I like the idea of a "raid boss." I can best imagine it in the nautical sense, where a group of players team up on their ships to take down a boss, similar to how the Haywire Dreadnought works.

However, if it is to work properly I would suggest having all players get equal rewards. Others may find it unfair if a player gets a better reward from something really based on chance.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Welcome to the boards, VinRPWorld! (May I call you "Vin"?).

Of the things that exist in Wizard101, in order for me it would be:

*Crafting: lots of potential there, and hunting reagents is fun.

*Fishing: OK, I find fishing in Wizard a bit boring, but it is very much the sort of thing Pirates would be doing.

*Photomancy? Sure, why not.
*Gardening. Ehh, not for me (booooring) and very un-piratey overall.

Of things NOT in Wizard101:

*Ship modifications/upgrades. Ships are central to Pirate101, and anything done to let us personalize them more would be widely appreciated, I think.

*Slots on the henchmen for equipment or gems to enhance their abilities. A sword slot for el Toro, a wand slot for Old Scratch, etc.

-Indigo

P.S. And here's a little thing, not completely related: why not let us use the flag designer to create our avatar for the message boards?