Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

That Darn Cat! and A Pirate most Fowl

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
So I decided to wait until after I had finished Mooshu to do some promotion quests, which included Ratbeard's second promotion. Since Catbeard is missing from the Catspaw due to story reasons, I can't talk to him to progress the promo quest. I'm pretty sure he returns there at a later point in the story, but if so, when?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Eelarc on Mar 31, 2021 wrote:
So I decided to wait until after I had finished Mooshu to do some promotion quests, which included Ratbeard's second promotion. Since Catbeard is missing from the Catspaw due to story reasons, I can't talk to him to progress the promo quest. I'm pretty sure he returns there at a later point in the story, but if so, when?
You must free Catbeard from jail in Marleybone, just complete the storyline and then you'll be able to promote Ratbeard. This is why many of us older pirates keep telling players to keep the main quest companions leveled and promoted.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
anecorbie on Mar 31, 2021 wrote:
You must free Catbeard from jail in Marleybone, just complete the storyline and then you'll be able to promote Ratbeard. This is why many of us older pirates keep telling players to keep the main quest companions leveled and promoted.
Thank you! Thought I was out of luck for a good while there.