Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which companions should get a promotion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 31, 2012
Which underrated companions do you feel should be given a buff or promotion of some sort.

In my opinion I'd have to go with Hawkuleus, Catbeard, or Monkey King.

If you want a more niche pick, I'd pick Samocles!
He seems really neat and I'd love to see him get a promotion or better stats!

Let me know what you guys think!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
Most companions who don't already have multiple promotions should get at least one, even if it's only for Gold.

Cat Pirate from the Boochbeard Bundle definitely should get a couple of promotions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireDolphin2211 on Apr 13, 2021 wrote:
Which underrated companions do you feel should be given a buff or promotion of some sort.

In my opinion I'd have to go with Hawkuleus, Catbeard, or Monkey King.

If you want a more niche pick, I'd pick Samocles!
He seems really neat and I'd love to see him get a promotion or better stats!

Let me know what you guys think!
Catbeard gets a promotion for gold at level 70. Unless you think he ought to get a story promotion? I agree. I don't think Samocles ought to get a promo yet, he's too "new" of a recruit. However, Nurse Quinn really needs one.
And the beast companions that Witchdoctors get - Batacuda has been on the WD since Skull Island.
I could make a long list of deserving companions needing a promo, but I'll let others reply for theirs.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Crown Shop-exclusive Companions, definitely. At max level, some of them have poor combat prowess that doesn't justify their Crowns cost. Companions like Moresco de Valvida, Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah, and Bosun Budd definitely need another Promotion.