Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sooo...coming to Steam huh...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 12, 2020
Sorry in advance this is long but its out of love I promise ...Sooo I see that we're coming to Steam early next year. Congrats by the way ! Shortly after Wizard did they got their MUCH needed graphics update, yes its still not the best graphics but it made a world of difference. I know we mainly want more books/worlds/promotions/etc. and I agree that those should be first priority (after getting all set up with all the being on Steam stuff). But if they are still out of the question for a while, I think quite a few of us would take an awesome graphic update soon to basically hold us over. Something like that definitely screams, 'Happy big 1-0 everyone! It might wind up being a late birthday present but we're working on an awesome graphics update and getting pointers from big sister Wizard! It should be ready either late 2023 or early 2024. And don't worry, a new book is finally on its way next year or so (just hypothetical but as an example to maybe give us a timeline instead of 'maybe someday'. Its perfectly fine to not know but it'd be nice to basically not hear the same thing just worded differently every time we ask.)! Sorry for the long wait.' I'm bringing Wizard up because that's what I and a lot of us feel that Pirate deserves . Like for example, some characters in Wizard even move their mouths now (I don't mean they have to be 1 to 1 with the words but not seeing everyone except for Avery, Boochbeard, Mr. Gandry's mouths basically glued shut would be awesome), and look way more crisp, etc. was like a breath of fresh air (I only stopped playing Wizard except for every once in a while because I know its weird but my favorite part about the game is getting the class assignments/quests from Arthur Wethersfield (partly because of the sayings he says and his particular voice) and I was sad when we got to the 'actual' balance teacher and never talk to Arthur again ). Though I know this is about Pirate not Wizard so I'll get back to talking about Pirates lol. I also think that some facial expressions would also be yes a small touch but nice instead of just like us with a big smile when someone is kidnapped/cursed/etc.

I know this seems like a big lecture and a lot to handle but it just reminds me of what happened with Wizard and am hoping for the same love for Pirate. I know you guys have been teaching the new crew members the rigging (the new staff how the programs/etc. work) but...it seems like you've been doing that for the last 5 or so years. I also know what was going on in the real world might have had some effect on schedule but it just seems like something that could be done from home (if I'm wrong please let me know). I promise I'm not doing this to complain, I'm just excited that's all. We love you all and just want the same as you guys: to see Pirate be the best it can be. That's the reason we bug you guys about it, it may be overwhelming at times but we promise its from a place of love not because we just want to be annoying and want to be like 'are you done yet? are you done yet? why aren't you done yet?'. And we're also not saying we want/expect to see a huge book every month/year, we just get annoyed when it's been 5 years and the biggest update are pretty much just new side quests and mini bosses. Yes they're tough but also something like a book would be enjoyable for everyone not just people who grind.

Okay...I think that's enough lecturing/suggesting/but not complaining I swear lol. Again its SUPER exciting that we're finally getting over to Steam ! And as I always say: have a great everyday everyone along with your families and friends and please pass it on . And remember to ask responsibly lol.

Love, Reliable Kiley Morgan, Buccaneer

Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
Big ups for this love letter!

I would keep expectations to what we announce -- a graphical update is a very different thing from being released on Steam.

There are a lot of internal and external things that have happened over recent history that have us moving at the pace we are. Again, sorry to be so non-specific....

Good things are on the way. They are not enormous, but they are on the way. Thank you for taking the time to write out your vision for Pirate's best future. Feeling the love through your words is effortless.