Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Un-Company...man, that's lame!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
In the early quest Bad Company, ye meet yer class trainer and one of 5 story companions you get wanting to be the captain and having Gunn's will stolen. Even though they are willing shipmates of you. However, the other class companions are standing there, saying nothing, and disappearing into nothing. Ye don't even fight them! Where did they go? Blind Mew (in game) says that 6 pirate's ran by. That means the other companions went with them, but...

Later, ye meet Lasko, who says that he, Jack, Manny, an' Moe helped them win the will. Which is nonsense. We never see them in the Tavern cellar. So that means Blind Mew was wrong, and there were actually 8 guys running, or Blind Mew was lying. Probably a lie, since otherwise, how does he manage the forum?

So, in a nutshell, where are the other 4 companions after the tavern brawl in Bad Company?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the Fearless Devil on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
In the early quest Bad Company, ye meet yer class trainer and one of 5 story companions you get wanting to be the captain and having Gunn's will stolen. Even though they are willing shipmates of you. However, the other class companions are standing there, saying nothing, and disappearing into nothing. Ye don't even fight them! Where did they go? Blind Mew (in game) says that 6 pirate's ran by. That means the other companions went with them, but...

Later, ye meet Lasko, who says that he, Jack, Manny, an' Moe helped them win the will. Which is nonsense. We never see them in the Tavern cellar. So that means Blind Mew was wrong, and there were actually 8 guys running, or Blind Mew was lying. Probably a lie, since otherwise, how does he manage the forum?

So, in a nutshell, where are the other 4 companions after the tavern brawl in Bad Company?
They weren't there, they didn't exist for you. Remember you went in there to find one specific person and that person talks to Ratbeard to hire him and his crew.
We do see Wharf Rats helping Ratbeard in the fight, now I know their names weren't Manny, Moe and Jack but random names used by the name generator. Bear with it, M, M & J are members of Ratbeard's crew.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Someone had to man the get-away ship. Perhaps that's where they were.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
They weren't there, they didn't exist for you. Remember you went in there to find one specific person and that person talks to Ratbeard to hire him and his crew.
We do see Wharf Rats helping Ratbeard in the fight, now I know their names weren't Manny, Moe and Jack but random names used by the name generator. Bear with it, M, M & J are members of Ratbeard's crew.
... That point went flying right by, did it?

Alright, so they didn't exist, huh? Well ... why can ye still see them when yer companion wants to be the leader? You expect them to be there since you can see them, right? Are they illusions? Is the pirate really mad? Is the game really going on at all? Is Kane actually human? Is this all just a dream?

And yes, I know, M, M, L, & J are members of Ratbeard's crew, but my issue came with L saying that they help Ratbeard win the will, and how we never see them, but we see random, name generated guys. They are members, but I swear, they helped with no will!

*Error - Error - No more message - No more message - 00001011010101010101101010101010101010101010101010101001010101001010101*

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
Someone had to man the get-away ship. Perhaps that's where they were.
Huh. The get-away? You know ... I'm willing to buy that. It makes so much sense now! How did it not cross my mind?

Ah well ... it happens.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the Fearless Devil on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
... That point went flying right by, did it?

Alright, so they didn't exist, huh? Well ... why can ye still see them when yer companion wants to be the leader? You expect them to be there since you can see them, right? Are they illusions? Is the pirate really mad? Is the game really going on at all? Is Kane actually human? Is this all just a dream?

And yes, I know, M, M, L, & J are members of Ratbeard's crew, but my issue came with L saying that they help Ratbeard win the will, and how we never see them, but we see random, name generated guys. They are members, but I swear, they helped with no will!

*Error - Error - No more message - No more message - 00001011010101010101101010101010101010101010101010101001010101001010101*
And my point obviously went over your head - their are 5 treasure hunters, but you were sent only for one; did you expect them to stick around and watch the battle?

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
anecorbie on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
And my point obviously went over your head - their are 5 treasure hunters, but you were sent only for one; did you expect them to stick around and watch the battle?
Huh. Yer right. I was just confused because they disappear away into nothing, instead of running with Ratbeard. Meh. Ya know, who cares, to be honest? It's just a small plothole. It doesn't matter.

Developer
the Fearless Devil on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Huh. Yer right. I was just confused because they disappear away into nothing, instead of running with Ratbeard. Meh. Ya know, who cares, to be honest? It's just a small plothole. It doesn't matter.
Correct. The other 4 back out of the whole thing - they don't want to join you or Rat Beard.