Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Character Voices You'd Change

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 07, 2013
As the title suggests, what character voices in the game would you possibly change and why? Personally I can't stand Morgan LaFitte's gushy voice and Sarah Steele kinda sounds like a child. I love Bonnie Anne's and Ratbeard's voices, they are so unique! To broaden this, which voices do you like and don't like, and why?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Shadow of the Past on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
As the title suggests, what character voices in the game would you possibly change and why? Personally I can't stand Morgan LaFitte's gushy voice and Sarah Steele kinda sounds like a child. I love Bonnie Anne's and Ratbeard's voices, they are so unique! To broaden this, which voices do you like and don't like, and why?

I actually like Morgan LaFitte's voice, it fits her personality of a dashing swashbuckler perfectly!
There is one voice I can't stand and I cringe each time he says something - Gaspard Le Vole.
And Hawkules is beginning to grate on my nerves.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I'm not a fond of Sarah's voice either. Bonnie Anne's gets a little worse in quality later on, and I found Louis' voice in the new Skull Island storylines to be flat-out terrible.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
You do realize these are voices of actual people? Not everyone can have a desired voice, I think it personally makes the game more realistic...

Ensign
Apr 07, 2011
I don't think I would like to change any voices, but for voices I like, I Love Luck Jack Russel's voice.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I generally like the voice of Gaspard, although a little intense that would fit the Valencian theme.

Personally, I would say Wing Chun. Now that's one annoying Voice to endure with, in my opinion. It may take a while to get use to it.

Ensign
Jan 07, 2013
ElijahWaterVault on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
You do realize these are voices of actual people? Not everyone can have a desired voice, I think it personally makes the game more realistic...
Yes that's common sense. Some though can change their voice to fit a character, I'm sure LaFitte's actual voice doesn't sound like that. This post wasn't meant to bash any voice actors, obviously.

Petty Officer
Jul 13, 2013
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I do find a few slightly annoying but when it comes to how annoying someone's voice is, I never really notice

Excepting Wing Chun

I like his character, doesn't even need a weapon how cool is that
But his voice is just a direct assault on your ears to me

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Meh, in me opinion I would change nothing! They be perfect the way they be if ye ask me.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I dont mean to disrespect voice actors but, one voice that annoys me to no end is Milo :/ But yeah that doesnt mean I want it changed, they shouldnt change any really.. still, that voice ugh :P

On the other hand, I love Nausica's, its pretty. There are also voice I like because they sound funny, like Subodai.

Also big manly voices like Goronado are cool :)

Ensign
Feb 08, 2012
I'm not sure who decided to have English Bill, Phule, and various other characters to have the same voice, and have pretty much EVERY boss in the game say "GET EM", but that peeves me.