Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 7-22-16

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Crafting gear... also allow us to "stitch" powers that way.

Then we can finally get gear with good stats and the powers we want, now that's customization :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the Fearless Devil on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
First, what is "Team Up Kiosk"?

Second, Fishing? Crafting? Alchemy? What? You can only fish with magic thing-a-ma-joos. Pirates may have fished in real life, but this is the spiral. Crafting is plausible, but isn't alchemy a wizard thing?

Third, why do we need a mount system when you can put them in your house? And why put your companions in jobs when you can do it with mounts?

I guess that's it, really.

However, IDK what I'd want to add, and I haven't even got that far (my furthest character is a level 24 witchdoctor).
"Team Up Kiosk" is a place where you can find out where your fellow pirates are waiting for a team - instead of traveling to that one spot.
Alchemy would suit Witchdoctors ( why else is a bubbling cauldron a house item? )and since other classes can cross train, then making potions would benefit all classes. However the potions in the crown shop shouldn't be duplicated by this function, perhaps fun effects could be substituted? Like disguises, or to make the pirate glow in different colors?
I don't believe a mount has the intelligence to be set on task, however training a mount to give a stat boost is possible - W101 has mounts that do this.

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
I'd quite like if there was more clothing options like a ninja headband which you can dye for a hat slot or just some type of thing which means you don't have to wear a hat, it'd be good for a bit more variety and maybe a few more hair/hair colour options, I'd honestly love to have blue hair in game like I do in wizard. also ship pvp would be a awesome addition with having like, tournaments for them and proper ranking like the normal pvp does. it'd make a good use of the unique ship part of the game which makes the game stand out more. Thanks for listening to us KI :D hope the update comes soon haha. Quirky Destiny Templeton

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015

Second, Fishing? Crafting? Alchemy? What? You can only fish with magic thing-a-ma-joos. Pirates may have fished in real life, but this is the spiral. Crafting is plausible, but isn't alchemy a wizard thing?

Third, why do we need a mount system when you can put them in your house? And why put your companions in jobs when you can do it with mounts?

However, IDK what I'd want to add, and I haven't even got that far (my furthest character is a level 24 witchdoctor).
A team up kiosk is where when you do team up for dungeons or boss fights, it appears on a board somewhere (in skull island no doubt if it comes into play) and people can look at it and join the team up without having to actually be at that sigil with you.

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
1 Pirate Dad on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
I forgot something from my previous posting. After sending a companion for a new order at one time my companions would automatically be reissued the task when collected. I thought it may be a glitch but did not say anything because I loved it. After the update the feature went away. Having the companions tasks automatically re-issued made it much easier when you have a lot of companions. Could you please bring that back as a permanent feature with companion tasks.
if you dig around in the advanced gameplay settings in options, it has restart tasks, if you turn that on then they restart companions when they're on duty. hope I helped ;D

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
Skyway fishing. I even have a nice spot picked out for the NPC that introduces you to it. The little pier on the beach of Skull Island, next to Doyle's shack.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
AHOY

Thank you Falmea and KI for this post, it warms me heart to hear that you and your crew have further plans for this great game and looking to the community for our suggestions as to what we would want to see in this game. A true sign of a remarkable company. Anywho, on with my list:

More scrip items: gear, ship parts, weapons, furnishings, pets, cosmetics and maybe a couple of scrip purchased companions

We need things to keep us busy while you all keep developing material, such as: dungeons/gauntlets, crafting, fishing, dailies etc

More crown shop items so we can fill your coffers with crowns : bundles <<<, packs, mounts, new or improved ships

Almost done , things that will improve our daily pirating life: doubloon buy/sell vendors, pet snack vendors that sell at least level 4 or 5 snacks (our pets need this due to lvl increases, hybrid hunting and sheer number of available pets), reduced timer on pet morphing (10 min waiting time should be cut in half or give another morph slot), and finally to introduce more epic grants to new pets (grants strength, agility and or will/ grant resist/ grant weapon power/ grant spell power/ grant armor piercing etc..)

Thank you once again for hearing our voices and wants/needs and for communicating with us, it means allot to us flea bitten salty scurvy pirates.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2012
I forgot from my previous post. Something that isn't in wizard yet that could work for pirate101 well because of the companions.

Cooking, its not unknown to rpg video games with multiple fighters/players. A lot like crafting but more on the go whenever you are, get the ingredients and learn recipes. the reward would be something like 10% agility and 5% armor boost for one combat or 30minutes, for all the companions or for only the first 10, or more detailed "-for those who liked seafood" for an example, whatever. a short temporary boost is the concept. I'm certain there is someone who knows what i'm talking about.
This could also open up to some interesting funny badges.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Professor Falmea on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
My dear Pirates,

I'm happy that my journeys were able to land me here once again to talk to my Pirate friends. Hello! I hope you're well and rich with treasure, as always.

I'm thrilled that we've been able to let everyone set sail into Valencia 2 for about a month now! We've seen a lot of new and returning eye-patch-clad faces we haven't seen in a while, and that's always exciting. Welcome, or welcome back! It's great to have you either way! ::grin::

Amidst the warm reception for Valencia 2 has been the talk of what's next? In fact, I just stepped out of a meeting this afternoon (of which there have been many before), setting our course, charting our map, and picking the direction(s) in which to sail. We've got some REALLY COOL ideas floating around, and while I'd like to share them with you, it's just too soon. Dreams become goals, goals become plans, and plans start to become action. We're somewhere in stage two right now, but three should start very soon.

So, with that in mind, we're always trying to keep an ear on what the community is asking for, and oblige whenever possible. So, in that light, we'd like to ask you this - beyond storyline content updates**, what is the one thing you'd most like to see in Pirate101? Big or small. Skyway's the limit!

**We are asking about things BESIDES new storyline updates because we're already talking about what's next there too and we KNOW you want those. Blind Mew has been in my office a lot, talking me through some things. Sounds like lot of fun. ::grin::**

On that note, I must shove off and set sail again, but I'm looking forward to seeing your responses!
Can't wait to start seeing teasers for the next story updates...I bet the future story will be pretty great!

As for non-story additions...

I'd like a friends list update similar to what Wizard101's test realm has now. It seems like it's really useful!

I think it would be fun to be able to dye parts of our weapons different colors, like the blue hilt on the sword that comes with the Admiral's Bundle, the auras on some staffy weapons, or being able to choose a different color on a weapon itself to make it seem like it's made from a different metal. Adding items of unique design with no stats to vendors in the Spiral or to the crowns shop (available for gold!) would encourage more people to stitch their outfits.

I'd also like to see housing based on the worlds we've visited in Pirate101 available at vendors in those worlds for gold. I'd love to buy my musketeer a Cool Ranch styled house, or give my privateer a Monquista home to call her own. Being able to trade houses in Pirate101 would be awesome.

It would also be greatly appreciated if we could hang weapons on the walls of our homes. Mannequins would be a nice addition, too, as long as you could get them without spending an absurd amount of crowns. I want to show off the unique drops I've collected; all they're doing right now is collecting dust in my pirates' banks.

Well...this is more than one thing, but they're all things I've really wanted to see, especially the weapons on walls. I've been hoping for that for a long time.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
As a pet nut - would love to see more control over what skill and talents our pets get when you morph them together. Do have to say that morphing over 2000 times to get the pet i want (and still failing) is a bit much.

And how about a division of realms / so that all the PVP crazies can go there and gloat / and other realms where PVP is not allowed (including that gear) so PVE players can be happy

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Just as mentioned before; I'd really like to get my hands on some crafting and fishing gear (perhaps that could be an opportunity to squeeze in the idea of lock-picking for group plunder chest; craft them, and have them work only once per chest - or lock. think that could work?).

I'm definitely on board with the Ship PvP idea (excuse the unintentional pun), as well as having chest that are similar to the silver chests in Wizard, and side worlds, packs and bundles - of course, and I love the idea of Alchemy! (though we could just call *our* crafting alchemy instead, and still create doubloons, housing and armory (and potions sounds cool) alike. I could see it having a "pirate-y twist" from the name alone - even though alchemy can be done by just about anyone, lol).

While we have different class houses and furniture, how about different class ship cabins as well? And on the topic of houses... I would like to see some more houses from the other worlds as well, and with new houses should come with some new furniture. Some of the furniture I would really like to see includes mannequins - I need some place to display all of my fabulous outfits... , and most of all; music players and musical scrolls. You don't know how many times I found myself wanting to jam to the Cool Ranch saloon battle music or listen to some of the new pretty Valencian music while I walk around in my house.

Ensign
Jan 21, 2014
From what i have seen everybody posting in here most of the things people have said is that they want stuff that is already in Wizard To list off everything i have seen so far.

-Team Up Kiok
-Quest Finder
-Crafting
-Fishing
-Item Lock
-Equipment Sets
-Quick Sell
-Add Doubloon Tab to Bazaar
-Housing Tours
-House Display for gear(Armor stands,Weapons on walls)
-Gardening
- Daily Assignments
-Side World
-PVP Tournaments
-PVP Spectating
-More PVP Battle modes
-Member Benefits for Pirate
-More houses and housing items
-Packs
-Music player for pirate
-Tapestries

A lot of these things are small quality of life additions that wouldnt be terribly hard to replicate. As for my suggestion. I had this idea of adding a system that involves a treasure hunt around the spiral. Could be tied into daily assignments but a hunt that involves solving a puzzle or something like a portion of a map with an image of a world area in order to find the hidden loot or even a riddle. For a pirate game we dont actually do much treasure hunting besides fighting people and getting to el dorado.Another thing i have wanted for a long time is a pirate version of Grub Guardian to level my pet on the go. Of course the biggest thing to keep people occupied would be a side world.

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
The idea of adding every side activity from wiz to pirates just really turns me off. If i want to fish, garden, craft I go over to wiz and do it.

I feel pirates needs something unique, but I do understand people love familiarity.

Community Leader

Team Up Kiosk is where we can look up lists of people waiting for team ups at different locations, and we can join directly from where we are to wherever they are.

Fishing, yes, we can do sky fishing for example. That would work. After all, there is a whale swimming around. Why not? It would be cool if we had gauntlets for fishing only too.

Crafting, yes. Pirates do build ships do they? They would have to mend and make their own gears on year long ship voyages.

Alchemy, yes. I was trying to find another word for it except crafting. Something different. But you know.. If you went to I think it's Treasure Island in Skull Island... the final area there is a cave where we meet that headless skeleton dude, there is a crafting table to the side. In Valencia Part 2, when dealing with guinea pigs, we see more crafting tables except it's yum juice for them. Both tables had potion, alchemy stuff attached to it. Crafting is definitely part of the game if you think about it. Pirates in real life probably dabbled in making their own drinks if you get my meaning. ;) Maybe we can make our own potions or "spinach juice." Be tough as Popeye.

Mounts - Because why spend so much crowns on mounts just to have them sit in your house? That's it? It's a waste of crowns and space.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
More ideas:

-Mount Stats stitching. I would love to be able to make my mount unique with its own stats.
-Allow mounts to be dyeable.
-More elixirs in the shop like Scrip Boost or something that doubles the amount of scrips we get while farming. Something like that.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
I personally would love to see the item viewer option arrive in Pirate101. When visiting my friend's houses, I have to search the wiki for HOURS trying to find a housing item that they have. Also, thank you for the extra confirmation that the storyline barrier has been broken!

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
First off, Thank you for taking the time to ask us what we would like added!

I would like more ways to earn scrip. One idea is if Squid Viscous gave us assignments, such as collecting certain items, or defeating old bosses or ships.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Gowns or dresses! We need some feminine alternatives. I would love to dress like Mustang Sally or Contessa Argento or Nadya.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
That more is hitting the drawing board for Pirate101 is excellent news, Professor Falmea! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Certainly, Pirate101 is a most satisfying game already. But if I were to have more:

-- I would really love 17th-18th C.-ish gowns. Not excessively long ones -- we're too active as pirates for that. But as you know (and I know the KI artists do too!) female street vendors, theater dancers, peasant women, etc. of that time period wore their gowns mid-calf to just under the knee. We could handle that! And those beautiful early 17th C. style standing lace collars of the Valencian women -- oh, I'd love to see a few of those come our way!

(By the way, speaking of lace, lovely job on the delicate lace edging on Kane's shirt cuff ruffles. Please extend my compliments to the artists)

-- Our class houses are beautiful. I love them, particularly delighting in the period-style details. But it would be very fun to have a few more pirate homes.

-- battling sea monsters that randomly show up in remote areas of the skyways? That could be interesting. Maybe it could be a component of fishing!

-- so yes, I really do love fishing and crafting on Wizard101 (especially crafting!), so I certainly would love to see such activities on Pirate101 too.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Yes Yes! What 1 pirate dad said, 2 PERSON MOUNTS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
sorry for caps but I've wanted this FOREVER! so many mounts are capable of two people and i'd love to see it in game so no one straggles behind another, or if they don't have a mount :D

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Some random ideas, some of which I haven’t thought before now…

1. A way when looking at a companion you can tell what time of weapon they have, not just by guessing by the look as there are few were that will be wrong.

2. The ability to sort items in your backpack or bank different ways (level, cost, class etc).

3. Saved companion teams so you quick select a previous saved selection of companions for a particular style of fight.

4. A quest power selector that decreases or increases the Accuracy, Health, Power, Critical Chance etc of mobs for the any of the main story quests. What you select will impact quality of rewards like gold and random items etc.

At the extremes it could also impact Badges received, possibility just by adding a prefix or suffix to the Badge name.

This would benefit both solo players that have difficulty with some major quests and those that feel they are more hard-core players.

5. The ability to see the ancestry/lineage of your pets, even if it’s just limited to “parents” and “grand-parents”.

6. Ship stats stitching.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
7. One click mounting so you can mount or unmount without having to go into your inventory.

8. A special quest story to promote a “pet” into a “companion”.

9. A new class. To help avoid the high amount effort this would require in changing the existing story lines, possibly only granted once you have at least one level 70 pirate and the new pirate starts at level 50.

10. Teleporters like the existing portals that port you between houses, not just within the existing one. I actually thought the existing ones did this before I purchased them and found they didn’t. Would give you reason to have more than one house.

The one thing I personally would not want to see is anything that will require you keep track of additional information just to continue to be viable in completing quests. I play P101 to relax, I don’t want it to turn into something that requires “work” like some other major MMOs have in the past. Not that expect things would go down that path.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Next Pirate101 Update Suggestions

What I want for next update:
  1. Crafting or fishing
  2. New bundles/packs
  3. New Crown Shop Items (companions, pets, etc.)
  4. Team Up Kiosk System
  5. Ship PvP

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Crafting and fishing I know wizards has both but I think they would be fun on pirates to and I know ratbeard said we would get crafting just wanted to ask

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SouriSuri on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
I forgot from my previous post. Something that isn't in wizard yet that could work for pirate101 well because of the companions.

Cooking, its not unknown to rpg video games with multiple fighters/players. A lot like crafting but more on the go whenever you are, get the ingredients and learn recipes. the reward would be something like 10% agility and 5% armor boost for one combat or 30minutes, for all the companions or for only the first 10, or more detailed "-for those who liked seafood" for an example, whatever. a short temporary boost is the concept. I'm certain there is someone who knows what i'm talking about.
This could also open up to some interesting funny badges.
Yes, Free Realms had this.