Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 7-22-16

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 22, 2013
Everyone has some great ideas.

I love the ideas (already mentioned of course)

Crafting
Fishing
New Bundles
New Tower type boss

but maybe an easy addition would be to offer some very rare gear drops to Smuggler's Arena. That would keep the masses happy for a day or two. or at least the ones that have smuggler's.

Ensign
Mar 13, 2010
As a Wizard first, Pirate second, I can say there have been significantly more convenience updates made to Wizard than exist in Pirate; some would be more valuable in Pirate than in Wiz, and I'd like to see them added. I think most of them have already been mentioned in this thread, but, here goes:
  • Quest Finder. I like to do side quests for the enhancement to the story. It would be nice to verify that I've done them all by having a feature that points me to where to accept them or tells me "No quests."
  • Backpack Item Lock. I have not yet sold anything in Pirate that I didn't mean to, but it certainly would be easy to do. It's huge to be able to lock up that "Bad stat, nice look" weapon so that when I'm ready to stitch it, it's available.
  • Gear sets. It would be nice to be able to one-click prepare for PVP, one-click switch out to assist a friend with a dungeon, one-click set yourself for soloing, one-click switch to tower farming.
  • Quick sell or Feed to pet. At high levels, it's easy to end up with near max gold, so quick selling (while not earning you much) clears out your full backpack fast. Feeding to pets can level them up, yield pet gear, and get rid of unwanted items without forcing you to seek out a vendor or the bazaar.
  • Permanent mount as the reward from a side quest. Rental mounts are gold-purchasable, but the first Crowns shop purchase I made in Pirate was a mount - something I'd never done in Wizard. I survived through multiple worlds using a broom bought in the Crowns shop for gold. The early game is rough without a mount, though, and some may not be invested enough to buy one with real money. If they don't stick around, KI makes no money from them. If they do, KI just might. And they need to so that they can keep giving us this game. Kudos to Development for this in Pirate, though: I've averaged one mount from every fourth pack I've bought - which is a much higher mount drop rate than Wizard.

Ensign
Mar 13, 2010
Wordy McWorderson, here I am. Continued.

Other than convenience additions, I'd like to see (in general) more attention paid to the content. The story that we have is fantastic. There aren't side worlds, there aren't very many bundles, there aren't packs to spam. People spam packs for that one good piece of gear, but also for the look of the bad pack gear - just so they can stitch their OP farmed gear to something that looks better.

Honestly, this is just one part of Pirate where you've done such a great job you may have shot yourself in the feet. Even the "noob" gear in Pirate is really good-looking, so Stitching doesn't seem to be as common an activity. I actually stitched some pack gear to randomly-dropped-during-questing gear I had because I liked that so much. That's the exact opposite behavior from what's common in Wiz, and could be costing KI money in Pirate.

The Wizard Master/Exalted Crowns Duels were a fantastic addition - this could easily be ported into Pirate. Duels that are dropped as loot from oft-farmed lower world bosses (also sold for Crowns) that drop gear comparable to Moo Manchu or Kane's. Players either buy more of them or spend more time in-game attempting to farm the item that drops the interesting drop. The more time people spend in the game, the more likely they are to spend money on the game. The more time people spend in-game, the more likely they are to end up recruiting - either consciously or just causing someone to try it because "Hey she loves it so much, let me check it out."

More gauntlets in general. Give us something to play and we'll play. More playing generally leads to more spending.

You asked little or big.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Scrip is associated with the "Black Market" which is normally a secretive place only know to a random few ne'er-do-wells. Of course, in P101, since we're Pirates, that pretty much makes us all ne'er-do-wells by definition...
Anyway, I think it would be appropriate to have some hard to locate underground markets throughout the Spiral. Most every metropolitan area has a "fence" to buy and sell "questionable" items. The tunnels under Marleybone, the villages in Mooshu and even the Crab Tunnels under Florenza would be perfect spots for black market shops. And there are many other areas scattered throughout our travels that would be prime locations. And of course, being so far away from our "hub" of Skull Island, the goods offered in these outlying locations should be COMPLETELY different than the stuff we have access to in the back room in the Bazaar.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I've suggested this before but here goes again....
A "location arrow" - not tied into any quest but something that would allow us to pick a place from a list of destinations and would place a differently colored arrow on screen to indicated the route.
An argument I've always had is that as pirates, we are navigators, yet the only decent map we have available is the one for the place we're already standing or the skyway we're in. After that, it's just memory or guesswork. Keeping track of the location of storm lanes should be as easy as opening a map case. If I'm at Cooper's Roost and I want to get to Isle of Dog, but I don't have a quest to select which would give me a quest arrow, there should be an easy way to plot the course. Sure, I suppose we could log it all manually but we really shouldn't have to.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Reading all these replies, here are the things people want the most put into the game-

-TEAM KIOSK!
-Quest Finder
-Item and Companion sets
-More houses and housing
-A new bundle and some more packs
-Permanent mounts for gold

I think that these will make a lot of people happy, and keep in some existing players.

Ensign
Jun 25, 2013
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I'd like to see more powers/talents learnable with practice points.

And I dont just mean secret trainers, but also class-specific trainers.

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
Crafting would be nice to have on pirate but I hope you could also craft medicine It wouldn't get rid of bed rest completely but at least you won't have to wait for 6 hours for your companion to heal.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the doctor on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Crafting would be nice to have on pirate but I hope you could also craft medicine It wouldn't get rid of bed rest completely but at least you won't have to wait for 6 hours for your companion to heal.
Train them in Scrapper at rank 4 ( max level ) its only a 5 hour wait.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
the doctor on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Now THIS is a GREAT idea! Kudos!!
If we could craft First Aid Kits, Tourniquets, Splints and other "healy" items that would shorten bed-rest time it would certainly satisfy a lot of people with complaints about the bed-rest system.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
class quests given at level integrals of ten or fifteen of your class type. old scratch and carcarious grimtooth are the only good witchdoctors i have so i would like to make a full team to fully take advantage of old scratch's spell boosts. and more spells given to witchdoctor companions.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
i forgot to mention increased scrip drop by ships or more ways to get scrip and efficiently. i have so little scrip on my characters its annoying especially with all the good stuff in the black market. also black markets with varying items across the spiral would be cool.

What a wonderful response! Thank you all for your thoughts and feedback. I'm working on compiling a list and checking it with ours to see if we're on the right track with priorities (spoiler alert: I think we are, because I'm seeing a lot of things on our "want to do list" mentioned here). Keep the posts coming!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I am going to be fairly un-piratical and mention just one thing, as the Prof. asked.

Crafting.

Gardening? How un-piratical can you get, and yawn! Fishing?? Slightly more piratical, but yaaaawn!!

I really shouldn't malign other people's suggestions, I suppose (although note I am not deleting said comments), but piratin' is about fightin' and lootin and looking really dashing while we are doing it! Smelling like fish and grubbing in dirt should be best left to wizards!

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Indigo Ring on Jul 30, 2016 wrote:
I am going to be fairly un-piratical and mention just one thing, as the Prof. asked.

Crafting.

Gardening? How un-piratical can you get, and yawn! Fishing?? Slightly more piratical, but yaaaawn!!

I really shouldn't malign other people's suggestions, I suppose (although note I am not deleting said comments), but piratin' is about fightin' and lootin and looking really dashing while we are doing it! Smelling like fish and grubbing in dirt should be best left to wizards!

-Indigo
But because we spend so much time in the sea (or... sky, rather...) and all that fightin' we do (we do spend a lot of time in the sewers... with dirt and gook and stuff), we're already dirty, fishy smelling pirates!

While you do make a fair point, I don't think I can let you off the hook that easily about the fishing. So just for that, when - or should - fishing comes to the Pirate side of the Spiral, I'll make sure to belt you one with my newly caught whopper.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
i was a bit vague when i said class quests. we already get those for certain abilities. i want class based pets and companions.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2009
I would love to see a Quest finder for the side quests I'm sure I've missed. I can't seem to get the badge for book I and I've looked everywhere. I know I skipped a few in Mooshu so I'll have to go back and venture thru the lands again but a finder of quests would be much needed especially since some quests don't pop up until your done with another one and you might to reappear into that area for awhile.

More Promotion quests for the companions, Those are really fun. Maybe make a choice to pay gold or do a Quest.

I would like to see Gear quests. Unless crafting is coming to Pirates I have some gear items from level 5 or 15 because it comes with a card. If there were Gear quests obviously they will be tough but allow us to an option to get better gear. Maybe Gear for our companions too. If some of our companions never get promoted their gear stinks.

Thanks. I love Pirate101 and Wizard101

Peachy Aura

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
I think it would be cool if we could display our gear in our houses. Hat/Helmets, Outfits, Boots maybe some charms and totems. We could have them placed on shelfs, racks and on manquins

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
dragonflyet on Jul 31, 2016 wrote:
I would love to see a Quest finder for the side quests I'm sure I've missed. I can't seem to get the badge for book I and I've looked everywhere. I know I skipped a few in Mooshu so I'll have to go back and venture thru the lands again but a finder of quests would be much needed especially since some quests don't pop up until your done with another one and you might to reappear into that area for awhile.

More Promotion quests for the companions, Those are really fun. Maybe make a choice to pay gold or do a Quest.

I would like to see Gear quests. Unless crafting is coming to Pirates I have some gear items from level 5 or 15 because it comes with a card. If there were Gear quests obviously they will be tough but allow us to an option to get better gear. Maybe Gear for our companions too. If some of our companions never get promoted their gear stinks.

Thanks. I love Pirate101 and Wizard101

Peachy Aura
Right, almost forgot about companion gear, would be awesome :)

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
I actually don't really want gems or mounts that give stats, because it's made wiz PvP much more ... well, you know, and all that grinding! We pirates have enough on our hands with Moo and Blood being extremely stingy, and would also make it more pay to win. What I want to see more is new and improved powers for other classes (specifically muskets). I would also like to see things like housing tours and games (like wildfire tag) , a team up kiosk, a doubloon vendor, and maybe practice pvp (like wiz), cause spar chamber tens to be unfair just a teeny bit, no, a lot a bit, It's also hard to get people to pvp you sometimes, since they're either afk or they say no, so a practice would be nice to try out new companion teams, new gear sets, and to help players adapt and practice PvP fairly. And team ranked PvP? And definitely more dialogue from some of our companions ( I don't remember hearing Egg very much)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hmm...I gotta whole notebook full of ideas, including some things that may help players as they explore the skyways.

Convenience additions

• With the Smugglers Cove, have it so that it glows/highlights when your 24 hour wishing well-wait is up. From your pack, have a small gold icon show over the Cove and also over the "Home" icon.
  • Display currently equipped pet's "stat card" when you mouse over/click on a pet in your inventory/banks. Same as gear, so you can compare pets with ease.
  • Add a Pet Corral that handles all pet storage needs, to help free up our packs/banks space. With so many pets it eats away at pack space.
  • Add a Pet Locator. Something that let's you change search options to find certain pets/traits.
  • Allow quest sorting by; XP gained, world/location, special rewards/companions, gold rewarded, companion tomes...
  • Add another way to gain Pet Energy.
  • Add companion tasks like Ransackin' (Scrip), Pillagin' (Housing Items), Pet Trainer (Pet Energy)

Fun Stuff/Daily Additions

• Add daily questing & weekly boss bounties. My suggestions can be found here. Basically Daily Plunder & weekly Toss-a-Boss bounties.
  • Random Skyway Message In a Bottle, quests. Unique follow-the-clues quests, featuring rare gear/items, appearing at random, throughout the skyways.
  • Add Crafting/Tinkering/Forging/Enchanting
  • Advanced Mounts. Pets have chance at adult to transition (via option only) into mounts & retain pirate grants-- so up to 3 extra grants, via a cool mount. Add mount stitching to get grants you want on the mount you just gotta have!
  • Spiral photography/albums. Idea here
  • Sign "system" in our pirates' homes. Idea here.
  • Belt buckle accessories from Cool Ranch

To Help With Member Recruitment
  • Add a members only Epic Crown Shop called The Treasure Trove. (encourages progression/membership/ daily activity).
  • Add more bundles/booster packs. Petropolis bundle suggestion found here.
  • Encourage more W101 & P101 cross-playing. Add incentives to progress in one game & get rewards in the other.

And more...

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Hmm... One thing? Only one? That's hardly fair, is it, when there's so much to ask for.

Snack vendors who sell higher level snacks. Of course, you'd need to create a few more snacks for them to sell, but why, in Marleybone, can I not find Marleybonian snacks? Why do the vendors in Mooshu and Cool Ranch only sell Skull Island snacks? Presumably someone out there has a recipe for the world-appropriate snacks, or we'd never see them at all.

Now, if I were to ask for more than one thing, I'd agree that crafting and some way to get the reagents would be lovely. Rather than the little crafting stations of wizard, however, I'd want a proper smithy to create boats and equipment for them. And maybe a little workshop to make gear for myself and my crew.

If we fish, I want it to be using the ships -- trawling for stuff, not standing around looking like a dork up to my neck in water. I find the fish shadows of wizard to detract from the appeal of the scenery, so it'd be nice if they only showed up if one were actively fishing (or trawling). The little fishing button could come up to signal when we've found a place to fish, but the shadows wouldn't need to be there all the time.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
gear trading (im posting as i come up with these or remember them so sorry for a lot of posts)

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I have a few more ideas:

The Art of Companions- I really like the concept art for this game, so why not another collection of it? This'll be like the other concept books, except with the concept art of companions not already found in them.

Companion Lore- A collection of the main companions' backstories.

Companion Gear- A vendor that sells a few alternate outfits for your companions, so there can be a little more customization.

World Housing- World-themed houses in the crown shop, and existing housing vendors could maybe sell a few smaller world-themed houses as well.